The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

Deductive reasoning. S4 Mini has triband support with a S400 so there's no reason a Note 3 with a S800 does not have triband support. 

Thing is the Note 3 was GCF certified about 6 weeks ago with little mention of TD LTE networks so its hard to say.

Converse to that the S4 mini has been tested for some time on Australian TD LTE networks..  I can't find similar news of the Note 3 being tested in this fasion.  Of course this doesn't mean the Note 3 won't support it.  Despite an FCC filing that a s4 mini deal is possibly coming to Sprint ( USA ) it doesn't look like that deal is coming soon to the states unless you're on Verizon. 

Any official word from Sprint?

Its strange that Sprint didn't put out a press release to say that they will release an iPhone 5S on Sept 20th.  Sprint is usually on point to put a press release out as soon as the event is over.

The folks over at NSA are jumping for joy after this announcement. What a nice fingerprint database they will have!  :P

Sadly with all this NSA stuff these days, I am scared to voice my opinion on anything political on any device(phones/tablets/computers). With a fingerprint database they will virtually be able to put anyone that want at the scene of the crime C.S.I style! I'm not much for conspiracies but big bro is slowly showing us his all seeing eyes. 

• Like 1

Deductive reasoning. S4 Mini has triband support with a S400 so there's no reason a Note 3 with a S800 does not have triband support. 

No, that is not *deductive* reasoning.  That is *inductive* reasoning.

If Sprint said, "All handsets from here on out will be tri band LTE."  Then, if the Note 3 were released after that statement, well, deductive reasoning would tell us that it would be tri band LTE.

Deductive reasoning is top down.  It deduces specific instances from general rules.

Inductive reasoning is bottom up.  It infers specific instances or general rules from other specific instances.

So, to steer this back to the situation at hand, the Galaxy S4 mini tri band does suggest that the Note 3 could be tri band.  But the iPhone 5S/5C are only dual band, so there is one caveat.  And there are reasons -- SVLTE and/or SVDO -- why the Note 3 could be only single or dual band.

Thus, we can inductively infer that tri band is a distinct possibility for the Note 3, but it is not guaranteed

Class dismissed...

AJ

• Like 4

Sadly with all this NSA stuff these days, I am scared to voice my opinion on anything political on any device(phones/tablets/computers). With a fingerprint database they will virtually be able to put anyone that want at the scene of the crime C.S.I style! I'm not much for conspiracies but big bro is slowly showing us his all seeing eyes.

I could see concern that a lawyer could maybe prove you were the one with a phone (instead of that other guy) because of using the feature, but as for a database from it, Apple said today it is stored only in the chip on the phone. We'll get the full story once the techies have them in their hands.

I could see concern that a lawyer could maybe prove you were the one with a phone (instead of that other guy) because of using the feature, but as for a database from it, Apple said today it is stored only in the chip on the phone. We'll get the full story once the techies have them in their hands.

I would have never thought that all texts were scanned or the FBI would be able to get whole of data from Apple/Google/Microsoft so easily without a sufficient court order. That shows how naive I am/was.

Will Tim Cook go on about how inferior bigger displays are and how even a grade school kid can use the 4" display one handed?

Nope, in fact Apple is testing a 4.7 inch and 6 inch screens for next iPhone so they can have multiple sizes to offer those who like a bigger screen.

A slightly larger screen would be nice, but not everyone likes a larger phones.   This is why many like HTC & Samsung also offer smaller phones, huh?  Also,

• Like 1

I would have never thought that all texts were scanned or the FBI would be able to get whole of data from Apple/Google/Microsoft so easily without a sufficient court order. That shows how naive I am/was.

I told someone over a year ago that's how things were going in this country and pretty much got laughed at.  I got some satisfaction when news came out that Snowden spilled the beans

• Like 1

I think the point about old phones being around until 2017 hits the nail on the head.  YOU might not care if it isnt Triband because you will "upgrade next year", assuming next years is Triband (who knows).  99% of people wont upgrade.

Heres the thing.  You can only put so much water through a hose.  If you have 3 hoses, you can flow 3 times as much water overall.  3 hoses = 3 bands of LTE, water being data.  If you cant get Band 41 coverage because you are inside, the thousand iphones outside, that could of, cant either.  you all suffer, as your water has dried up, and you cant seek another hose.

This hurts us all.

I think the point about old phones being around until 2017 hits the nail on the head.  YOU might not care if it isnt Triband because you will "upgrade next year", assuming next years is Triband (who knows).  99% of people wont upgrade.

Heres the thing.  You can only put so much water through a hose.  If you have 3 hoses, you can flow 3 times as much water overall.  3 hoses = 3 bands of LTE, water being data.  If you cant get Band 41 coverage because you are inside, the thousand iphones outside, that could of, cant either.  you all suffer, as your water has dried up, and you cant seek another hose.

This hurts us all.

Is this why you didn't get a S4?

Nope, in fact Apple is testing a 4.7 inch and 6 inch screens for next iPhone so they can have multiple sizes to offer those who like a bigger screen.

No rumors about potential new Apple products are facts until Tim gets up on a stage and introduces them to the world.

Until that point they are only rumors.

Well, it is definitely why I didn't.

LOL..

Yeah but this is sorta the same argument.  How many of us will have 800 LTE in 10 months ?  More of us will have 800 then 2500.  It would be great to have a tri-band phone but of Sprint's 60 million customers have many can actually use anything but 1900 ?  I'm in the 1/4 of Sprint customers still waiting on 1900 LTE, let alone 800.

We can argue those phone will around in 3 years, but I doubt that many.  More people will upgrade when there is a solid reason.  If Sprint flipped on all LTE bands today here and now - more of us would make a strong effort to change phones right away assuming more phones were tri-band. 

• Like 1

I told someone over a year ago that's how things were going in this country and pretty much got laughed at.  I got some satisfaction when news came out that Snowden spilled the beans

I try not to give in to the beliefs of weird things that sound very conspiracy like. I always knew the internet was scanned for key words and such since 9/11. I am sure most of it was in the name of National Security, but it is kind of crazy how Google, Facebook, and now At&t are selling our browsing history to allow companies to better advertise to us. Call me crazy, but I feel these are the first steps to a Skynet type software. "Oh, you googled a tv, let me show you all these other tv's with similar features and sized." "Oh a human got mad his computer kept crazy so he threw it out of his window, all humans must be against machines. Activate all 'google controlled cars, trucks, plans, etc.'" I know it is a long shot but I can't help but think if we do not control how smart our software gets this "software evolution" will take place.

No rumors about potential new Apple products are facts until Tim gets up on a stage and introduces them to the world.

Until that point they are only rumors.

Every single rumor I've seen about the 5c and 5s was correct. Not saying it will happen, but it's getting harder for Apple to keep those secrets.

LOL..

Yeah but this is sorta the same argument. How many of us will have 800 LTE in 10 months ? More of us will have 800 then 2500. It would be great to have a tri-band phone but of Sprint 60 million customers have many can actually use anything but 1900 ? I'm still waiting on 1900 let alone 800

I am waiting on 1900 as well in my area, but that doesn't mean I would purchase something not able to use what's coming before my next upgrade would hit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Until that point they are only rumors

What I said isn't rumor.  Apple is in fact testing bigger screens - I saw it on ABC news..... but RUMOR has it Apple considered bigger screens and thought about skipping the usual 's" option this time around, but RUMOR has it that screen yields would've been much too low. RUMOR also had it said 3 or 4 months ago Apple would have a fingerprint sensor in the iPhone 5s.  RUMOR also had it that the iPhone would be available in a cheaper plastic option called the iPhone 5c about 3 or 4 months ago.  RUMOR said Verizon would get the iPhone a year before they did.

I hear ya. I'll be reading the technical details very carefully on the Touch ID.

• Like 1

I am waiting on 1900 as well in my area, but that doesn't mean I would purchase something not able to use what's coming before my next upgrade would hit.

You already did.  You have a phone that does LTE 1900 and yet you can't use LTE 1900.

Abc news also said Obama was born in the USA. Speaking of conspiracy theories

RUMOR also had it said 3 or 4 months ago Apple would have a fingerprint sensor in the iPhone 5s.  RUMOR also had it that the iPhone would be available in a cheaper plastic option called the iPhone 5c about 3 or 4 months ago.  RUMOR said Verizon would get the iPhone a year before they did.

You already did. You have a phone that does LTE 1900 and yet you can't use LTE 1900.

I would NOT purchase something that couldn't use what is coming. If the GS3 could not use 1900, I wouldn't of bought it.

You are understanding me backwards.

When I bought the GS3 over a year ago, triband was not known to me, and, was farther out than the life of the phone. Was triband even a consideration back then?

The presentation is now online for those that want to see it.

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2013/

There's also a promo video with some more on Touch ID:

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/videos/#video-touch

Edit: Just watched the Touch ID video.  Give it a look as it answers a lot of questions I had about it.  

• Like 2

I try not to give in to the beliefs of weird things that sound very conspiracy like. I always knew the internet was scanned for key words and such since 9/11. I am sure most of it was in the name of National Security, but it is kind of crazy how Google, Facebook, and now At&t are selling our browsing history to allow companies to better advertise to us. Call me crazy, but I feel these are the first steps to a Skynet type software. "Oh, you googled a tv, let me show you all these other tv's with similar features and sized." "Oh a human got mad his computer kept crazy so he threw it out of his window, all humans must be against machines. Activate all 'google controlled cars, trucks, plans, etc.'" I know it is a long shot but I can't help but think if we do not control how smart our software gets this "software evolution" will take place.

I think there's a lot going on we aren't aware of.  The corporate controlled media says what they are told.  We keep going into countries with the same reason.  A reason people are sympathetic to.  You never hear about the oil being the real reason. And ironically all the countries attacking the "bad" countries ( that have real gold and oil ) all have one thing incommon - they are all broke and use a currency with NOTHING backing it except military might and the fact that many of those "bad" countries are forced to continue to sell oil in the dollar or face attack!

• Like 1