NSN is preparing to sell TDD LTE radios to Sprint

The Note2 worked fine on 800SMR in Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, and I know several who used it in Chicago for quite a while.

I've been connected to 800SMR since it was accepted locally, what feels like months ago now. It has been considerably more reliable than 1900. I can call in my house, and I can text in my basement. Calls come in while in the basement, but the signal is too weak to talk (just go up a floor). I don't think I've ever had a call or text fail on 800SMR for a reason other than simple signal fading.

ALU in Raleigh-Durham is being handled differently than NYC then.  They are doing 4G around here and haven't turned on many 3G sites yet.  I wish they would turn on a big batch because I tend to fall back to 3G a lot in some areas and it's horrible.  In the eastern part of the market (east of Raleigh a little) they turned on a bunch of 3G sites first and are steadily adding LTE on them, but most of the rest of the market has been 4G first and very little 3G updates.

The North Carolina and Virginia markets have all been 4G first as compared to all the other ALU markets. I have to wonder if maybe they were a different project or run by someone else or something...

• Like 1

T-Mobile is NSN in Austin (and I believe most/all of TX). I'd have to ask which other markets. In any case, add me to the list of believers in their equipment quality; pings south of 30ms and speeds reasonably close to the in-field max I've seen from 5x5 LTE (probably less due to this being a populated area, rather than any failing on the equipment's part).

I wonder if NSN will bring their gear into markets that are currently run by Ericsson and Samsung...I certainly won't complain if they do, as I'm very rarely in ALU territory (unless you count legacy equipment in Denver, heh).

• Like 1

T-Mobile is NSN in Austin (and I believe most/all of TX). I'd have to ask which other markets. In any case, add me to the list of believers in their equipment quality; pings south of 30ms and speeds reasonably close to the in-field max I've seen from 5x5 LTE (probably less due to this being a populated area, rather than any failing on the equipment's part).

I wonder if NSN will bring their gear into markets that are currently run by Ericsson and Samsung...I certainly won't complain if they do, as I'm very rarely in ALU territory (unless you count legacy equipment in Denver, heh).

If anything, they'd probably replace Alcatel-Lucent gear as they have the larger markets (LA, NYC...) and the inferior hardware of the 3 companies that are doing Network Vision.

Seeing as we have some rather large ALU rollouts on the west coast (where there are in fact people, and a lot at that)  I would welcome a new player to handle this rollout

• Like 1

Seeing as we have some rather large ALU rollouts on the west coast (where there are in fact people, and a lot at that)  I would welcome a new player to handle this rollout

Exactly what I said! It would likely be the Northeast and West Coast. AlcaLu's largest areas.

• Like 1

The less that ALU has to do the better. I hope Sprint hires NSN to help deploy the 2.5 GHz LTE network nationwide. Someone needs to take the place of ALU since they have thus far failed with bringing up LTE in Network Vision.

Chinese spies are eyeing Nokia.

http://www.zdnet.com/huawei-considering-nokia-acquisition-report-7000016966/

You want sprint to have to remove equipment in 2 years?

Alcatel Lucent due to their recent financial problems has scaled back support and expertise for their smaller orders like Sprint. Their technology and equipment is the least advanced of the three network vision vendors and they have never made a good showing in the major areas they're in charge of compared to other vendors.

on the other hand, NSN is a top tier leader in lte equipment and are in the same area in terms of expertise and quality of equipment as that of Ericsson and samsung. Having NSN as a vendor is a godsend. I would say their NSN flexis setup for tmobile is about even if not better than the Ericsson air 21.

Sent from my SPH-D710

You've said this before. Can you give documentation for ALU being "least advanced"?