Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

Someone needs to help Sprint with their Math, this is what the upgrade screen says:

Reg Price: $449.99

- $250

upgrade discount - $150

instant savings - $100

mail in rebate - $50

Your Price $149.99

That's some jacked some up math. $550 discounts and somehow I still pay them $150. LOL

So online pre-order is not giving me the option of 16 or 32 gb, only black and white option. It's 149.99 with upgrade so I assume it's the 16 gb version?

The Play Store has both options available if they aren't all sold out by now.

Just very curious, with no micro SD card option, why is everyone buying up the 16gb version (not just this website, the playstore sold out of the 16gb version while the 32gb version was still available) and not the 32gb version? If you are paying $350 for the 16gb version, what is an extra $49 for the extra memory and the 32gb version? Just curious.

Not everyone needs 32 gbs of storage on their phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just very curious, with no micro SD card option, why is everyone buying up the 16gb version (not just this website, the playstore sold out of the 16gb version while the 32gb version was still available) and not the 32gb version? If you are paying $350 for the 16gb version, what is an extra $49 for the extra memory and the 32gb version? Just curious.

A small but vocal minority claim the need to carry around 32 GB of music, movies, etc.  That does not represent the vast majority.  Many of the rest of us realize that we will never come even close to 16 GB or even 8 GB capacity.  It was interesting to see that play out -- pardon the pun -- with the Nexus 5 sales yesterday.  In my case, I am not that price conscious, but why waste the extra $50?

AJ

• Like 1

Someone needs to help Sprint with their Math, this is what the upgrade screen says:

That's some jacked some up math. $550 discounts and somehow I still pay them $150. LOL

The $250 is illustrating the total discount received. It is the $150 + the $100. The rebate is extra.

Here's the SprintHiddenMenu.apk that's already deodexed.

(Had to Zip it for upload.)

Some quick glances shows it should have the typical ##DEBUG screens and also has the Band Priority screens for LTE.  Dialer codes should be the same, 33284, 3282,  etc.   A few things that were interesting....

<string-array name="technology_priority_table_values">

<item>LTE, EVDO, 1x</item>

<item>LTE, 1x, EVDO</item>

<item>EVDO, LTE, 1x</item>

<item>EVDO, 1x, LTE</item>

<item>1x, LTE, EVDO</item>

<item>1x, EVDO, LTE</item>

<string-array name="network_mode_list">

<item>LTE only</item>

<item>CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto</item>

<item>EvDo only</item>

<item>CDMA w/o EvDo</item>

<item>CDMA / EvDo auto</item>

<string-array name="voice_so">

<item>8K Next Call</item>

<item>EVRC Next Call</item>

<item>13K Next Call</item>

<item>EVRC-NB Next Call</item>

<item>EVRC-WB Next Call</item>

<item>Default</item>

<string-array name="roam_preference">

<item>Any</item>

<item>Home Only</item>

<item>Affiliated</item>

<item>Roam Only</item>

<public type="string" name="lte_enable_disable" id="0x7f07006a" />

<public type="string" name="band26_enable_disable" id="0x7f07006b" />

<public type="string" name="band41_enable_disable" id="0x7f07006c" />

<public type="string" name="band_proirity_25" id="0x7f07006d" />

<public type="string" name="band_proirity_26" id="0x7f07006e" />

<public type="string" name="band_proirity_41" id="0x7f07006f" />

<string name="band26_enable_disable">Band26 Enable/Disable</string>

<string name="band41_enable_disable">Band41 Enable/Disable</string>

<string name="band_proirity_25">Band 25 Proirity</string>

<string name="band_proirity_26">Band 26 Proirity</string>

<string name="band_proirity_41">Band 41 Proirity</string>

• Like 5

All of my music is in the cloud, and I don't need to keep the same pictures on my phone for 2 years. I perform regular backups of old data and only keep necessary important things on my phone. I don't even keep an

sd card in my GS3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Some quick glances shows it should have the typical ##DEBUG screens and also has the Band Priority screens for LTE.  Dialer codes should be the same, 33284, 3282,  etc.   A few things that were interesting....

Is it that LG "proirity"?

;)

AJ

“640K ought to be enough for anyone”

It's only $50 more so why not...

Haha I have an android Sony walkman I paid 400 bucks for to listen to my music. And I've never even gotten close to filling my 16 GB gnex.

I would have paid the 50 extra If i thought it would ship sooner though!

It is interesting to see that the Roam Only setting from back in the olden days is still hiding out inside some Sprint handsets.

AJ

My Nexus 7 is 32gb and its nearly full from ripped movies that I will watch on my flight to Hong Kong. I even dropped the quality to 720p and they still take up a lot of space.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It is interesting to see that the Roam Only setting from back in the olden days is still hiding out inside some Sprint handsets.

AJ

Yep, I tried to add it back in on the S3/Note2 like you do on the HTC EVO LTE but it was removed in the baseband or some other library unfortunately.  I do miss having roam only at times though but I understand why they took it out.

Haha I have an android Sony walkman I paid 400 bucks for to listen to my music. And I've never even gotten close to filling my 16 GB gnex. I would have paid the 50 extra If i thought it would ship sooner though! Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

All depends on your coverage I guess as in the cloud doesn't always work for me.  And since I can't add in my own storage then it would be a no brainer for me to get the 32gb version.

Yep, I tried to add it back in on the S3/Note2 like you do on the HTC EVO LTE but it was removed in the baseband or some other library unfortunately. I do miss having roam only at times though but I understand why they took it out.

All depends on your coverage I guess as in the cloud doesn't always work for me. And since I can't add in my own storage then it would be a no brainer for me to get the 32gb version.

With where I work in vegas the cloud isn't an option either. Just don't store that much stuff on my phone I guess.

A small but vocal minority claim the need to carry around 32 GB of music, movies, etc.  That does not represent the vast majority.  Many of the rest of us realize that we will never come even close to 16 GB or even 8 GB capacity.  It was interesting to see that play out -- pardon the pun -- with the Nexus 5 sales yesterday.  In my case, I am not that price conscious, but why waste the extra $50? AJ

After all the complaints in the G2 thread about lack of sd support, I was starting to wonder if I was in some sort of minority who had 8 gigs on my Evo without any problems regarding lack of space. I guess I'm not so crazy after all.

With where I work in vegas the cloud isn't an option either. Just don't store that much stuff on my phone I guess.

I try to do the right thing and when I'm on wifi I download my video podcasts I listen to at work (not always watch).  So the storage is nice to have sometimes combined with backups of my phone and APK backups it all adds up.

I didn't read the full specs before ordering, I thought the 5 was going to have an microSD card slot. I messed up on this one. But I'm just going to start putting my music on the cloud.

Saw one guy on XDA already has his out for delivery - my fingers are crossed.

I ordered a black 32GB at 11:03 and a white 32GB at about 11:12 - the black shipped, the white did not :(  The misses will have to wait :(

• Like 1