Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

If I get a chance tomorrow at work I will check and see if I can dig up any info of its available for pre-order at Best Buy, or when will have it and can sell it. Tomorrow is going to be crazy though, iPads are coming out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I wonder how much best buy paid for the nexus 5. Isn't the best buy discount for employees 5% above what best buy paid? Might get myself that then.

I wonder how much best buy paid for the nexus 5. Isn't the best buy discount for employees 5% above what best buy paid? Might get myself that then.

Yes 5% above cost. Usually on tablets and phones it's about the cost of tax for the discount in my experience, or nothing at all.

Yes 5% above cost. Usually on tablets and phones it's about the cost of tax for the discount in my experience, or nothing at all.

Dang. I'll think of something else Lol.

What do you think amazon would sell for?

Bet you'll love getting those commissions from the accessories that the ipad buyers will get! :)

We don't make commission on sales, we do or can bonus off our profit margins as a group though. So yes we make nothing on the iPads and some on the accessories. Same thing with iPhones which is mostly what we sell at my store. Pretty much Samsung and iPhones are the only things we sell.

Wait, are you reading the comments? That's always a bad idea.

:lol:

Any device that's never been activated on the network will incur an activation charge. It may or may not be charged right away, or may show up on your bill at a later day.

when i bought my s3 off contract brand new from walmart, i was never charged an activation fee or upgrade fee

Now to where to sell my old pristine quality SGS2 (protected by TPU case & SGP screen protectors since day 1) to recoup some $$...

I have the same phone but I'm not expecting more than $15. Better to keep it as a backup.

I have the same phone but I'm not expecting more than $15. Better to keep it as a backup.

Check trade in on BestBuy.Com I'm surprised at how much trade in we give on phones most of the time.

By the way when anyone upgrades their phone from now on you have to switch to the new plans. That started recently for any phones.

Maybe that's why the people have had more than 5 lines? We have 4 on my account and it says I have to go with the $50 plan. Not to mention that's too expensive for the 16gb version in my book. I work at Best Buy and it has made some people change plans, not sure why.

Has Beast updated to version 1.24 yet? Over the last 2 days I have been able to process upgrades and keep the old plans. Also if you are forced to switch you can call NSS and have it switched back to the old plan.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I bought my two G2s on preorder online from Best Buy and later bought an Optimus G for my mother in law and adding a line at a Best Buy retail store, I had no problem or even mention that it could be a problem to keep my old 1500 Everything plan.

• Like 2

mine shipped this morning at 1 am

Same. I posted about it yesterday at 1am  :)

I was getting home from Miami Beach (Halloween) and I got the pleasant email! Was expecting it to ship on Tue Nov 5th and have it by Thur Nov 7th. Now I may get it Mon Nov 4th! 

mine shipped this morning at 1 am

My order was placed 11 minutes after it went live. Still says pending. Hopefully i get some shipping notification love soon!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My order was placed 11 minutes after it went live. Still says pending. Hopefully i get some shipping notification love soon!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Which model? Mine is 16GB white and I received the shipping notice already.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

By the way when anyone upgrades their phone from now on you have to switch to the new plans. That started recently for any phones.

I did the pre-order upgrade for the LG G2 on October 11th through BestBuy.com and it gave me the option to keep my current plan. Is this "swtich to the new plans" a brand new mandatory thing as October 11th I did not have to do that.

Which model? Mine is 16GB white...

I believe you mean 16 GB mulatto.

:P

AJ

You can always activate any device on an existing line without upgrading the plan. I activate devices on my lines all the time, both new and old. No plan changes are required to activate a new device on an existing line. However, new accounts and sometimes new lines is where issues arise.

I believe you mean 16 GB mulatto.

:P

AJ

Something like that. :tu:

Just very curious, with no micro SD card option, why is everyone buying up the 16gb version (not just this website, the playstore sold out of the 16gb version while the 32gb version was still available) and not the 32gb version? If you are paying $350 for the 16gb version, what is an extra $49 for the extra memory and the 32gb version? Just curious.

Edited by mjnoles1
  • Like 1