Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

$350 for a tri-band LTE phone unsubsidized? I'd call this a really easy decision.

Not to mention that it's by LG which has so far faired better than Samsung reception, no?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Did anyone get their email notice for shipment? I just got it for my Nexus 5 a few moments ago, and may get it on Monday...ooo!

if u do. Don't root it..leave as stock and let us know how it compares to your other phones (lte wise).

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

It's awesome to have the N5 both subsidised...   :tu:

And in related news, the rumour is that the British are taking back over the US.  Colour me surprised.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Did anyone get their email notice for shipment? I just got it for my Nexus 5 a few moments ago, and may get it on Monday...ooo!

I just got it 10 mins ago! My guess is the shipping label was created and it ships tomorrow morning.

I just got notification that my order shipped. Party over here!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

I finally got approval from the boss(my wife) to spend this much money on a phone. Has anyone ordered it since the timeframe changed to 3-4 weeks? 

Just did, see above.  Oh well.  If the boss makes me return it, I have extra time to put up an argument!

My status still says pending. If it gets pushed to 11/22, I will be very upset. Will be interesting to see if the Sprint store version has sprintzone, nascar mobile etc loaded on it. If it doesn't, and the ship date gets pushed back, might bite the bullet and re-sign (I'm off contract now as of 8/31).

just out of curiosity, when you purchase a sprint phone using the upgrade that is available, and you go to sell it, is there anything you need to do first?  like activate it, un-activate it, sneeze on it, etc??

Just a quick note about the sim card. These first orders won't get it shipped with them. But last year after the first batch you had the option of including a tmo sim with your nexus 4. And then later on att was an option. Maybe down the line Google will include sprint Sims with these phones.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So do we need to visit a store to activate it with a sim?

I'm being told you can either do it online, store or by calling *2.

*I didn't see it answered in totality so I figured I would put this out there.  :)

Internal docs specifically say that Google Play store devices MUST be activated in store.  They will not have the UICC SIM card that is needed to activate on the Sprint Network. It also says that each store will only be *initially sent 5 of these SIM cards BUT there will be NO CHARGE for the SIM *from the corporate stores. I have no idea about the "repair" shop as someone mentioned earlier. 

With that said, it will not, for sure, be able to be activated on the phone or otherwise as the essential piece of hardware needed to run on our beloved Sprint Network is not supplied with the Google Play sold devices. 

• Like 3

According to the FCC, these are the RF maximum output for each of the Sprint bands.

LG G2                                                                   
RF ERP/EIRP maximum:                        
19.80 dBm (CDMA1X/EV-DO 850),
21.64 dBm (CDMA1X/EV-DO 1900),
23.09-27.08 dBm (LTE 1900),
24.48 dBm (LTE 800),
17.77-21.29 dBm (TD-LTE 2600)

Nexus 5 
RF ERP/EIRP Maximum:
23.10 dBm (CDMA1X/EV-DO 850),
30.00 dBm (CDMA1x/EV-DO 1900),
23.28-23.96 dBm (LTE 1900),
19.80-20.80 dBm (LTE 800),
20.81-21.71 dBm (LTE 2600)

And here's how the Galaxy S3 fairs via FCC documents.
Galaxy S3
17.78-20.77 dBm (CDMA1X/EV-Do 850),
23.85-24.05 dBm (CDMA1X/EV-DO 1900),
21.62-22.01 dBm (LTE 1900)

I've highlighted each one with better numbers if we're pitting them against each other.  Hands down, Nexus 5 wins in CDMA/EvDo category, but LG G2 seems to have the edge in Triband.  
  • Like 5

*I didn't see it answered in totality so I figured I would put this out there.  :)

Internal docs specifically say that Google Play store devices MUST be activated in store.  They will not have the UICC SIM card that is needed to activate on the Sprint Network. It also says that each store will only be *initially sent 5 of these SIM cards BUT there will be NO CHARGE for the SIM *from the corporate stores. I have no idea about the "repair" shop as someone mentioned earlier. 

With that said, it will not, for sure, be able to be activated on the phone or otherwise as the essential piece of hardware needed to run on our beloved Sprint Network is not supplied with the Google Play sold devices.

Cool thanks! Do you know if we are being charged $36? Why bother paying if I don't have to. ><

I read this link which might add to the discussion. 

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3473178

"If Sprint is your mobile service provider, you may need to provide a MEID identification number to activate your phone. To get the MEID number, remove the last digit of the IMEI number."

Sorry if it's a repost. 

Edited by ipatella
  • Like 1

Cool thanks! Do you know if we are being charged $36? Why bother paying if I don't have to. ><

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is the case because they are treating just like a new device, to your contract, on the network. No mention of waiving activation fees anywheres. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is the case because they are treating just like a new device, to your contract, on the network. No mention of waiving activation fees anywheres.

Why are people here saying no charge? http://www.androidcentral.com/yes-you-can-buy-nexus-5-google-play-and-activate-it-sprint

Sprint Preorder is up... but it's forcing me to switch to one of the new My Way plans... [Edit: Ignore this and the screenshot below. You need to upgrade by starting in your account. If you take the wrong route you'll see the screen below and it'll try to force you onto the new plans.]

wnkufpZ.png

Damn.