Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

The Verge is saying the camera is pretty much... not good. Go to around 31:30. Not something I care about, but there it is.

Well the nexus line has never been known for having an industry leading camera so I am definitely not surprised.

stupid question......Can I activate this on sprint AND tmo/att at the same time?  just switch the sim cards?

I don't see why you can't.

Question for those who have pre-ordered devices from Sprint before: Are you better off ordering online (i.e. via www.sprint.com/nexus5), or being first on a list at a corporate store? Which one will have it actually on sale first and does one method include charges the other does not?

Also, if you do a preorder online, can you retain your old plan and not upgrade to the MyWay plans?

Ok. Ordered the 32gb black model from the play store. It is 2-3 weeks for processing.

That should give me time to get the iPhone 5s on upgrade and sell it for around $400 profit. All in all after taxes and shipping charges I should wind up paying net $50 for my Nexus.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

When can we start taking ppdoimg pre orders in store??

I love everything about this phone except for that batterry. Don't really care too much about a missing sd card because I use cloud programs and it's nice having your stuff anywhere just as long as there is good coverage :P

Ok. Ordered the 32gb black model from the play store. It is 2-3 weeks for processing.

That should give me time to get the iPhone 5s on upgrade and sell it for around $400 profit. All in all after taxes and shipping charges I should wind up paying net $50 for my Nexus.

FWIW, with the Best Buy mobile freedom $50 back offer, I will be able to get the phone for $108 out the door i think.

I got the Evo lte for $54 out the door as well.

This phone could be a game changer IF I can active the CDMA on Sprint, and have a t-mobile LTE datacard in it. 

I live in an area where Sprint is still building out LTE, so if this phone could use Sprint for voice, and able to accept a Tmobile or AT&T pre-paid monthly GSM LTE sim, seems like it would give us a great work-around until Sprint's LTE is fully deployed. 

Thoughts?

Sorry to destroy your dreams, but there is no way the iPhone 6 will be anywhere near as "big screen" as the Nexus 5. Which is, by the way, almost 4.95" I think.

And what's funny is I am looking at the Nexus 5 thinking to myself that it better have some damn good RF performance to overcome the small screen.

Question for those who have pre-ordered devices from Sprint before: Are you better off ordering online (i.e. via www.sprint.com/nexus5), or being first on a list at a corporate store? Which one will have it actually on sale first and does one method include charges the other does not?

Also, if you do a preorder online, can you retain your old plan and not upgrade to the MyWay plans?

I preordered the GS3 online when it became available for preorder July 2012, It shipped the day it was released to Sprint ( days later). I would pre-order online.

He now loves in South Dakota.

That's how I ended up with four kids. Evidently, I tend to love in other states too! :hah:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 4

stupid question......

Can I activate this on sprint AND tmo/att at the same time? just switch the sim cards?

I used Tmo and ATT SIM cards in my Nexus 4 interchangeably. I'm hoping Sprint will be no different.

FWIW, with the Best Buy mobile freedom $50 back offer, I will be able to get the phone for $108 out the door i think.

I got the Evo lte for $54 out the door as well.

Well I can still cancel before shipping if I find a better way to buy it for less.

Just read a post on XDA regarding activating the Play Store version of the phone:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46990648&postcount=2

I am a manager at a sprint store. The only difference between the play store version and the one from sprint directly is that the play store one doesn't come with a Sim card that is needed to activate the phone on the sprint network. We were advised today that anyone purchasing the phone from the play store should be directed to a sprint service and repair center as they will have the cards needed to identify the device on the sprint network. Hope this helps!
  • Like 4

I used Tmo and ATT SIM cards in my Nexus 4 interchangeably. I'm hoping Sprint will be no different.

The heck with switching SIMS, I want to activate it on Sprint CDMA and Tmobile LTE at the same time. 

Side note, I assume Sprint will be providing LTE sims? 

• Like 1

I can think of one reason to buy from google instead of Sprint.  If you get the one up plan it's only $65 for unlimited data and you don't and your not paying the extra $18.75 a month for the phone till you pay off the higher sprint price tag.

If you are on one up though, you only get the $15 a month discount while you are still paying off your phone. Right? So this wouldn't help you.

The heck with switching SIMS, I want to activate it on Sprint CDMA and Tmobile LTE at the same time.

Side note, I assume Sprint will be providing LTE sims?

I'm not optimistic you'll be able to do this. Unless the CDMA side is done via ESN authentication only, I bet your Sprint SIM will be required. You'll probably have to swap SIM's. But we should know soon. I have a Tmo SIM card, so I can check that out soon after arrival.

SIM cards will not come with the device and will have to be obtained by Sprint.

SIM cards will not come with the device and will have to be obtained by Sprint.

I plan on getting dead silence when I call my local Sprint repair center tomorrow and ask about this process.

I preordered the GS3 online when it became available for preorder July 2012, It shipped the day it was released to Sprint ( days later). I would pre-order online.

Cool - were you able to retain your old plan or did you have to switch to one of the new ones? It sounds like you had it shipped to you - not picked up at a store, correct?

Cool - were you able to retain your old plan or did you have to switch to one of the new ones? It sounds like you had it shipped to you - not picked up at a store, correct?

that was probably before the new plans

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk