Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

It is easily worth 200 dollars to me to not be on contract with Sprint. I have no desire to be locked with them for two more years, but need an LTE phone to actually see what the service is like. Since this cost almost the same as the iphone I would have bought on contract. This is a no brainer. I can try out the service and phone for an extended period and if I am unhappy, I can

1) sell the phone and move to another carrier

2) keep the phone and move to another carrier

3) sell the phone in 10 months when the iphone 6 comes out which will almost certainly be big screen and triband

4)keep the phone and get an iphone 5s with upgrade and sell it at a significant profit.

5) keep the phone and stay on Sprint

It's worth it to me to have that flexibility. I understand it isn't to everyone, but it is to me.

Sorry to destroy your dreams, but there is no way the iPhone 6 will be anywhere near as "big screen" as the Nexus 5. Which is, by the way, almost 4.95" I think.

Sorry to destroy your dreams, but there is no way the iPhone 6 will be anywhere near as "big screen" as the Nexus 5. Which is, by the way, almost 4.95" I think.

I just know it will be bigger than it is now. I don't necessarily need it to be 5 inches. But I've never had a phone that big, so I'm excited to try it out.

I'm wondering what kind of hoops sprints gonna make you jump through to get a SIM card for the N5. When I switched from my S3 to my iPhone 5 the corporate store said they wouldn't give me a SIM card (or even sell me one) because I didn't purchase the phone from them.

Other stores claimed not to have the nano sim. I had to go all the way to the apple store just to get a freaken SIM card.

Anyone know if it may be this way for the N5?

Argh!! I shouldn't have waited until I got home to order it. 2-3 weeks now.

:wall:

I almost waited.  But based on what happened with the Nexus 4, I knew I needed to jump right on it!  With the N4, I ordered in the first few minutes and got the device right away.  People who waited just 15 mins after me had to wait weeks.  So I canceled my lunch plans and ran to my computer when I heard the news.  I'd rather have the N5 right away than a free lunch!

Robert

• Like 1

The Verge is saying the camera is pretty much... not good. Go to around 31:30. Not something I care about, but there it is.

I'm not a camera-fiend, so camera reviews never much mattered to me.  I was always happy with even my OG Evo camera.  Meets my needs.  When I want/need something better than a smartphone camera, I grab my camera bag and get a real camera.

Robert

• Like 1

I almost waited.  But based on what happened with the Nexus 4, I knew I needed to jump right on it!  With the N4, I ordered in the first few minutes and got the device right away.  People who waited just 15 mins after me had to wait weeks.  So I canceled my lunch plans and ran to my computer when I heard the news.  I'd rather have the N5 right away than a free lunch!

Robert

I wanted to charge it to a credit card that I never keep in my wallet. Oh well. If its within that 3 week window I won't complain to much...maybe...

I'm not a camera-fiend, so camera reviews never much mattered to me.  I was always happy with even my OG Evo camera.  Meets my needs.  When I want/need something better than a smartphone camera, I grab my camera bag and get a real camera.

Robert

My thoughts exactly. Camera phones should not be compared to real cameras and they will never achieve parity, so I'm not sure why people expect so much out of them.

• Like 2

Robert

That is funny.... I liked the article your wife wrote about you a while ago, very funny.

What does your wife think about buying this new phone?

I haven't told mine yet, mainly because she'll tell me that I didn't need one. Which is of course wrong, of course I do.

• Like 3

That is funny.... I liked the article your wife wrote about you a while ago, very funny.

What does your wife think about buying this new phone?

I haven't told mine yet, mainly because she'll tell me that I didn't need one. Which is of course wrong, of course I do.

I haven't told her yet. But I fear my teenage son may have ratted me out.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I haven't told her yet. But I fear my teenage son may have ratted me out.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

At least you will be able to use it on at&t when you switch. Why the switch by the way? And what will that mean for this site and your enthusiasm for sprint?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

At least you will be able to use it on at&t when you switch. Why the switch by the way? And what will that mean for this site and your enthusiasm for sprint?

He now loves in South Dakota. Mo sprint coverage.

Sent from my SPH-D710

• Like 1

He now loves in South Dakota. Mo sprint coverage.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Mo sprint coverage? Well I am betting they build a G block protection site in Robert's backyard...

That would be mo sprint coverage!

:lol:

• Like 1

I ordered 1 minute and 17 seconds after the order date that shows up on Android Police and I still haven't received the "shipped" notice. I'm sooo hoping it ships before the Nov 5th date.

If anyone gets theirs shipped, please let us know.

• Like 1

You guys got my wheels turning on the iPhone 5s talk. That's a great idea to buy with upgrade and sell and then have a "free" Nexus 5.

Think I'm going to do it. Now to find them in store so I don't have to order it on back order, wait for it, then sell it and wait again for the Nexus 5.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I ordered 1 minute and 17 seconds after the order date that shows up on Android Police and I still haven't received the "shipped" notice. I'm sooo hoping it ships before the Nov 5th date.

If anyone gets theirs shipped, please let us know.

My order was placed 10 minutes after theirs. Still nothing. Its probably not in the order received because they will be shipping from different hubs most likely. I'm optimistic I'll get mine Monday if they are indeed shipping early.