Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

This phone isnt a surprise. Its not like Sprnt found out it was coming the same time we did.

Plenty of time to put together internal support pages and memos.

exactly what I said a few posts back. Smh sprint Smh

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

So looks like I'm getting one now. I was told this though. "Sprint did not make SIM purchase information available to all channels until today."

I'd like to think this was told to them because of us...lol

• Like 1

I'd like to think this was told to them because of us...lol

I would think so too, but I'm not shocked, as they did the same thing when I asked them about the 4G Wimax phone dealo and how I could take part. Yet no one knew their ToS even changed till I called about it.

Just ordered my SIM through international chat; no questions asked. Decided not to pay for the overnight; I figure I can muddle through on my Evo 4G LTE and use my Nexus 4's SIM to play with it on T-Mobile (and do a bit of T-Mobile LTE mapping while I'm at it) for a couple of days.

• Like 4

Fianlly got them to send out the sim... After yesterday being rejected didnt even ask what type... The guy on international chat said as the thread stated that GOOGLE told them the sim needed for the device today! YAY!

• Like 3

Finally....ordered 2 just in case someone needs one and has problems getting one. Free with standard shipping.

Order Number:   DM14-O-29703787 Last updated:   11/02/2013 Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking # 760492013536 SIMCARD LTEGSM 3FF USIM REMOV 2 2013-11-02
  • Like 3

chat_enduser_message.png Jeremy Gillis: Thank you. I see it in my order status now. Thank you for your help!
chat_agent.png Omari T.: Its been my pleasure to assist you today. We appreciate your business with Sprint. Have a great day. If my assistance is no longer needed, please disconnect at your earliest convenience. 

chat_enduser_message.png Jeremy Gillis: I had problems getting this yesterday. Do you know why?
chat_agent.png Omari T.: The system was updated with the Nexus 5 SIM yesterday about 20:00 EST
chat_agent.png Omari T.: A system wide mail came out saying we have stock and we can place orders for the SIM cards.

• Like 5

chat_enduser_message.png Jeremy Gillis: Thank you. I see it in my order status now. Thank you for your help!

chat_agent.png Omari T.: Its been my pleasure to assist you today. We appreciate your business with Sprint. Have a great day. If my assistance is no longer needed, please disconnect at your earliest convenience. 

chat_enduser_message.png Jeremy Gillis: I had problems getting this yesterday. Do you know why?

chat_agent.png Omari T.: The system was updated with the Nexus 5 SIM yesterday about 20:00 EST

chat_agent.png Omari T.: A system wide mail came out saying we have stock and we can place orders for the SIM cards.

Can someone tell me if the sim has to be specific to the Nexus 5? or will any micro sim that Sprint has work?

Can someone tell me if the sim has to be specific to the Nexus 5? or will any micro sim that Sprint has work?

Other than size, SIM cards are not device specific.  That is part of what the GSM Kool-Aid drinkers love so much.

AJ

• Like 2

Mmmm. I'll have red please.

Sure, you can have carcinogenic Red #40.

AJ

• Like 1

After thinking about it, I don't want to leave iOS. I don't want to give up iMessage. I've got a 32GB black version being delivered on Monday and a SIM coming on Tuesday. I'd be willing to part with them at my cost to a forum member if anyone is interested. If this is not an appropriate post, please delete, mods.

After thinking about it, I don't want to leave iOS. I don't want to give up iMessage. I've got a 32GB black version being delivered on Monday and a SIM coming on Tuesday. I'd be willing to part with them at my cost to a forum member if anyone is interested. If this is not an appropriate post, please delete, mods.

You can always refuse shipping :)

If you decide to sell it for the 16GB price, I'd be interested. PM me if you do.

How come the Nexus 5 gets a release date on BBY but the LG G2 isn't listed yet? I guess just because of the hype?

How come the Nexus 5 gets a release date on BBY but the LG G2 isn't listed yet? I guess just because of the hype?

IDK stock is in for the Nexus 5 and not the G2 maybe? Wait till Sunday and see if it says anything, that's when the new ads and everything roll out, new week.

You should eBay it or craigslist it for more and donate half of the profit to charity or s4gru :P just as long as you break even.

One thing I'm quite glad about here is that the phone uses a microSIM, rather than Apple's more proprietary nanoSIM form factor. That means I can actually swap my T-Mobile microSIM into the Nexus 5 right when it gets here, without having to make yet another form factor change that's honestly completely unnecessary.

At this point I'm counting down the (unknown) number of days before Sprint As You Go, Ting, Voyager Mobile or one of the other MVNOs offers a microSIM for purchase that's Sprint compatible. I won't break my contract for that of course, but it'll be nice to have the same flexibility that I have with T-Mobile (but with more coverage), and it's only a matter of time before it happens.

• Like 1

One thing I'm quite glad about here is that the phone uses a microSIM, rather than Apple's more proprietary nanoSIM form factor. That means I can actually swap my T-Mobile microSIM into the Nexus 5 right when it gets here, without having to make yet another form factor change that's honestly completely unnecessary.

At this point I'm counting down the (unknown) number of days before Sprint As You Go, Ting, Voyager Mobile or one of the other MVNOs offers a microSIM for purchase that's Sprint compatible. I won't break my contract for that of course, but it'll be nice to have the same flexibility that I have with T-Mobile (but with more coverage), and it's only a matter of time before it happens.

A few points I have to make.

1. First off, the 4FF Nano-SIM standard is the 4th form factor SIM approved by the GSMA and 3GPP. While it heavily involved what Apple wanted, once the decision was made, it became an industry standard. 
  2. The Moto X also uses the nano sim. The iPhone 5, 5S, and 5C are not the only phones using the nano standard. I'm sure more phones will use the nano sim eventually. 

I hope you realize this is minor nitpicking on my part but I feel like it needed to be said for the people reading the forum.