Google Wallet

vtimmy13

I use Google wallet all the time here. With the update it works much quicker. There is a company called Isis that I believe is local and there is a ton of places that have it. People look at you crazy a lot when you use it still!

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Capital One dropped out of the ISIS program, now they only have chase and american express which may also drop out. Capital One basically said they have enough data that customers don't use it much so they opted out. I hope this happens because then the other carriers would be forced to let people use google wallet. If it doesn't work out Verizon, Tmobile and At&t could just try to kill mobile payments all together and try again 10 years in the future. People don't seem to like change.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

google wallet is amazing i have concluded... lol use it all the same if i switched carriers i would root just so i could use it

I was reading that some people have been getting it to work on the S3-4, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 on Verizon and T-mobile.

-Luis

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Note 3 isn't supported for NFC payments:

https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en

The device does have NFC though.

It normally is the case when a device first launches that Google wallet isn't working. It's probably going to be a month or two. That is unless someone on XDA has already done so.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I would think google would be making wallet a priority

You must consider that when they update Google Wallet, they have to ensure the security on the application for that new device as well as not opening any loopholes for previous devices. I'd prefer they take their time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of, does anyone know is Google Wallet will be supported by Sprint, T-mo and ATT with the Nexus 5?

-Luis

Mine is supported.  I had to go into the new Tap & Pay section in Settings and select which software I wanted to use with Tap & Pay.  I selected Google Wallet and now it says it's ready to use.  But i haven't tried it yet.

Robert

Mine is supported.  I had to go into the new Tap & Pay section in Settings and select which software I wanted to use with Tap & Pay.  I selected Google Wallet and now it says it's ready to use.  But i haven't tried it yet.

Robert

I hope it works, that would be great :D

-Luis

• 11 months later...

Does it drive anyone else crazy how the media is freaking out about Apple Pay, yet Google Wallet has been around for 3 years?!  

I don't get it - why can't Google get the credit where credit is due?

It doesn't bother me that much. I've been using Google Wallet since it was available with the EVO LTE. If Apple Pay will make more merchants upgrade to contactless payment systems, let the media continue to rave about it. It would be disappointing if they managed to have an Apple Pay only system and not support other NFC payment systems though.