Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

The battery life of the Note 3 is excessive. It's been on for 6 hours with 3 hours screen on time, I'm only down to 71%. Compared to my old Gnex which could only take 3 hours of screen on time before dying lol

You only had 3 hours of screen on time to get to 71%.

It seems like it would be adequate for most people to get through a typical say 16-18 hour day before recharge but doesn't sounds excessive at all. If you have a bad signal or use the speakerphone much that can drain a battery pretty heavily as well.

You only had 3 hours of screen on time to get to 71%.

It seems like it would be adequate for most people to get through a typical say 16-18 hour day before recharge but doesn't sounds excessive at all. If you have a bad signal or use the speakerphone much that can drain a battery pretty heavily as well.

Excessive was just the first word that came to my mind to express how much of an improvement battery life was. Its not excessive at all. Excessive would be a 3,000,000 mAh battery. :P

Excessive was just the first word that came to my mind to express how much of an improvement battery life was. Its not excessive at all. Excessive would be a 3,000,000 mAh battery. :P

Ah, so in a good way :) , I thought you were indicating "please, I just can't deal with this much battery life, take some away" :) I wish my S3 lasted longer.

• Like 1

after a few days I can say the 3 is worth the upgrade despite the triband fiasco.

I figured by the time the network is fully capable of supporting triband phones, I'd be eligible for another upgrade. I mean look at the S3 and Note 2, even with those phones I have yet to fully enjoy widespread LTE.

That said, the phone is a HUGE improvement in terms of hand feel. In pictures, it looks like it's minor in terms of size but that extra mm makes the phone feel so much better as does the lighter weight. Maybe it's just the pebbled back or the ridges on the sides, but the phone feels significantly nicer in your hand.

This was the consensus with the 4 friends who also played with it this weekend.

The upgrade may be worth it for the screen alone. It's probably one of the best screens I've seen. It doesn't have the ppi that the HTC One does, but considering the size of this screen it's a fantastic improvement.

The Note 2 screen looks like there's a grainy filter on it when you look at it after using the Note 3.

Hope this helps some of you on the fence.

This commercial almost makes me want the Gear to go along with the phone.

Edited by glenavo34

Have to agree with the way it feels in your hand.(insert comment from AJ here) I didn't think the small changes would make that much of a difference but it does. To be honest, after the first week or two with the 2 I barely used the S PEN. With the 3 I thing that will be different. Watching video after video on what you can do with it.

Only thing so far I do not like is the inclusion of Knox. I usually root my phones but from what I a reading once you root there is no way to reset the Knox counter and many of the devs are saying it might not be. If I had bought outright I wouldn't worry about it but I got the phone on one up so not sure how this will effect it when I go in next year to get the 4.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

Have to agree with the way it feels in your hand.(insert comment from AJ here) I didn't think the small changes would make that much of a difference but it does. To be honest, after the first week or two with the 2 I barely used the S PEN. With the 3 I thing that will be different. Watching video after video on what you can do with it.

Only thing so far I do not like is the inclusion of Knox. I usually root my phones but from what I a reading once you root there is no way to reset the Knox counter and many of the devs are saying it might not be. If I had bought outright I wouldn't worry about it but I got the phone on one up so not sure how this will effect it when I go in next year to get the 4.

This might not be the same for the note 3 but with my s4 you can freeze the knox agent with titanium backup and when you're ready to go back to stock you can flash stock files and use triangle away to reset everything so no one will be none the wiser.

From what the devs over at xda are saying it is different. Chainfire has said he thinks the Knox counter may be permanent.

What does this mean for development on the Note 3?

Should impact it to much. They already have root and custom recovery. The thing is that as it stands now if you root you void manufacturer warranty and can't hide the fact that you rooted.

Should impact it to much. They already have root and custom recovery. The thing is that as it stands now if you root you void manufacturer warranty and can't hide the fact that you rooted.

So you are saying even if you flash back to stock, the Knox software keeps track of the fact that you rooted your device before and therefore voids your warranty?

Yep. When you go into recovery there are two counters. One says "Official" or "Custom". From what I am reading that one can be reset. The Knox counter say 0/0 for untouched but one you root it goes to 0/1 and no way to reset (yet)

I gave it Friday and Saturday to see if it had any problems. Everything worked fine, so on Sunday I rooted it. Awesome device, even with the minor occasional S lag on the launcher. Funny how Samsung still hasn't fixed that!

Yep. When you go into recovery there are two counters. One says "Official" or "Custom". From what I am reading that one can be reset. The Knox counter say 0/0 for untouched but one you root it goes to 0/1 and no way to reset (yet)

Wow that sucks.  I don't like the direction that Samsung is going with this.

You are more than welcome to crop them/resize them and PM me links to update my post if it bothers you that much.

No, that is your responsibility.

A single 1080 x 1920 screenshot that has not been rescaled to a more sensible resolution is already pushing it in terms of forum etiquette.  Putting two or three in a single post is off the deep end.

When I see full size 1080 x 1920 screenshots, I may just start removing them, as may other staff members.  So, it is your choice:  scale them down to reasonable size or potentially lose them.

AJ

• Like 1

A single 1080 x 1920 screenshot that has not been rescaled to a more sensible resolution is already pushing it in terms of forum etiquette. Putting two or three in a single post is off the deep end.

When I see full size 1080 x 1920 screenshots, I may just start removing them, as may other staff members. So, it is your choice: scale them down to reasonable size or potentially lose them.

AJ

can't we all cellphone along?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

can't we all cellphone along?

Yes, we can when we all follow rules and good practices.

AJ

• Like 1

A single 1080 x 1920 screenshot that has not been rescaled to a more sensible resolution is already pushing it in terms of forum etiquette.  Putting two or three in a single post is off the deep end.

When I see full size 1080 x 1920 screenshots, I may just start removing them, as may other staff members.  So, it is your choice:  scale them down to reasonable size or potentially lose them.

AJ

Remember that time when you didn't act like a jerk? Neither do we. I guess you just make up "forum etiquette" and "good practices" as you go.

You are more than welcome to crop them/resize them and PM me links to update my post if it bothers you that much.

Let me give a tip to easily make them not gigantic, upload them to Imgur, then click one of the pictures and then where it says "Original Image" click it and select "Large Thumbnail" and then use the links to copy/paste them into the post.

• Like 1