Why are you still with Sprint?

legion125

I'm sticking with Sprint at least until 2014 when contracts are done and NV should be complete. Right now I get good 3G coverage in my area with some bldg penetrations issues at work sometimes. I don't have WiMax where I live and I can't use it at work since it won't work in my office so WiMax has become a non-issue for me. I use Wi-Fi @ home.

If I can't get usable LTE at home and work once NV is complete then it may be time to move on. With Sprints new pricing (i.e. removal of discounts and incentives), we all have to do our due diligence and check out the competition. The only thing that may make me hesitant is giving up AMAT, free Pick 3 on all lines and free N/W @ 5. Oh, I'm not a huge data hog so unlimited while nice won't be a huge retention factor.

P.S. If each carrier had the same price point, would you still be with Sprint?

I'm still with Sprint for at least a few more months. If the band-aid 3G fixes are worthwhile I will stick with them. If the band-aid fixes don't improve things that much, then I will be off to AT&T or Verizon for 2 years. Then after then I will recheck Sprint as NV should be in my area by then.

But as much as I like Sprint. Neither I or my wife will put up with sub 200kbps speeds for 2 more years.

• Like 2

I stay with Sprint for the value. For four lines and my government bureaucrat discount, I save a lot over Verizon with 5GB plans. Over $100 per month. And then add the value of unlimited on top of that.

Oh yeah...and I also run a Sprint blog! Besides all that, 3G functions pretty well in my area. For me, Sprint is a no-brainer. However, I definitely understand the concept that it's not right for everyone.

- Robert

• Like 1

Well for me, I haven't had any major issues with sprint over the 10+ years I have been with them and with them being the most bang for the buck I will stay with sprint for the time being. Of course recently with their data issues it is now becoming increasingly difficult to not be tempted by the competition but with NV I really hope sprint can give us the performance improvements we so desperately need. But to answer your very last question, with everything as they are right now if all the carriers had the same price point I think most of us will be on verizon, I know I would.

I stay with Sprint for the value. For four lines and my government bureaucrat discount, I save a lot over Verizon with 5GB plans. Over $100 per month. And then add the value of unlimited on top of that.

Oh yeah...and I also run a Sprint blog! Besides all that, 3G functions pretty well in my area. For me, Sprint is a no-brainer. However, I definitely understand the concept that it's not right for everyone.

- Robert

Robert, what is your discount % per month? Right now I get 25% on my evo shift, but I'm looking for a larger discount. Anyone have access to a larger discount than 25% that I could get access to?

And I am keeping Sprint because I have unlimited data and the call quality is better than I had on at&t.

Robert, what is your discount % per month? Right now I get 25% on my evo shift, but I'm looking for a larger discount. Anyone have access to a larger discount than 25% that I could get access to?

And I am keeping Sprint because I have unlimited data and the call quality is better than I had on at&t.

I get 25% as well, the highest discount rate I have ever seen is 28%.

I get 25% as well, the highest discount rate I have ever seen is 28%.

I think SERO plans are even cheaper than 28% off what we pay as normal individuals.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I think SERO plans are even cheaper than 28% off what we pay as normal individuals.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Well yeah, I thought you were talking about a higher percentage off and not including sero plans.

Well yeah, I thought you were talking about a higher percentage off and not including sero plans.

If I could get into a SERO plan and drop my bill from $100/ month, I would be so happy for the year. But if I can't, then I'll stick with my 25% discount.

I choose to stick with Sprint because of the plan value and their service. Sprint is lacking with data speeds but their voice service is top notch. I've even seen some improvements in my service over the last year or so. Now that sprint is rolling out network vision and lte I'm going to stick around longer and see how the network is going to perform. Going by what Robert is posting on the roll out of network vision seems like sprint had gotten it right this time. Also I get a 25% discount for being a Pepsico employee. I've been with sprint for 7 years hopefully I can stay around for many more.....

I retract my statement about having a current SERO plan. I pay less per month than they do after doing the math, unless I can have both discounts at the same time.

I pay approx. $200 per month for four lines. So SERO wouldn't save me money. SERO is a value with one and two lines. But once you start to get to three and four lines, it starts to get cheaper without SERO, depending in the discounts you qualify for.

- Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

Sprint is my favorite carrier out of the four. Can't beat their voice coverage and I've been content with my 3G data speeds. I made the choice to stick them out until NV is complete before i make any further decisions. T-Mobile has me intrigued occasionally, but I can't get past the "swiss cheese" coverage in my area.

• Like 1

Sprint is my favorite carrier out of the four. Can't beat their voice coverage and I've been content with my 3G data speeds. I made the choice to stick them out until NV is complete before i make any further decisions. T-Mobile has me intrigued occasionally, but I can't get past the "swiss cheese" coverage in my area.

I totally agree with you on the T-Mobile "swiss cheese" coverage. That is the same problem they have in Pahrump. (Their coverage map lies for my area.)

• Like 1

The reason we came to Sprint and left AT&T was because my wife had to go outside to make a call while folks with Verizon & Sprint sat at their desks. The coverage maps of AT&t and T-Mobile are mirror images in my area so that left out GSM for us and on to Sprint for the better value (at least in those days).

I pay approx. $200 per month for four lines. So SERO wouldn't save me money. SERO is a value with one and two lines. But once you start to get to three and four lines, it starts to get cheaper without SERO, depending in the discounts you qualify for.

- Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

$200 for 4 lines? My last bill was $201 for 3 lines with 25% discount. I had insurance on all lines though...

200 for 4 lines? My last bill was 201 for 3 lines with 25% discount. I had insurance on all lines though...

I only have insurance on one line, for my E4GT. No need to buy insurance for Evos. Can replace them on EBay for the amount of the deductible. Besides, I have lots of spare phones.

Posted via Forum Runner

I only have insurance on one line, for my E4GT. No need to buy insurance for Evos. Can replace them on EBay for the amount of the deductible. Besides, I have lots of spare phones.

Posted via Forum Runner

I always keep a backup just in case.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk

Always good to have a throw down phone for those just in case moments. I'm waiting for VoLTE to become prominent. Phone prices should be cheaper and with SIM cards you can switch according to your needs like a GSM phone. CDMA is easy to switch if you have a phone or a computer to contact Sprint, but GSM is easier .

Always good to have a throw down phone for those just in case moments. I'm waiting for VoLTE to become prominent. Phone prices should be cheaper and with SIM cards you can switch according to your needs like a GSM phone. CDMA is easy to switch if you have a phone or a computer to contact Sprint, but GSM is easier .

That was the only thing I liked about at&t & T-Mobile, the ability to switch phones as needed. Especially since I was so good at wrecking phones, lol.