Verizon Edge, AT&T Next, Tmobile Jump. What is Sprint going to do to compete?

NYC126

It definitely is good that Sprint will work with people, but the program is through, as you said, Account Services and Corporate Owned Retail only. Regular Care, as well as Preferred Retailers and other 3rd-party stores are completely incapable of offering this program. And considering the majority of Sprint stores are Preferred Retailers, that's a vast majority of stores that can't do it, so it's really not a very well-known program.

It's pretty unfortunate too. Especially concidering that everytime you upgrade your device you're renewing your contract. Sounds like a GREAT business plan to me. lol

I am 100% going to do Verizon's edge due to I know a loop pole. :)

AT&T's next though is a 1000% rip off. T-moblies jump is not the worst if your going to pay $8 a month anyway for insurance. ( I think that in of it's self is a rip off but that's just me.)

If they were going to be renamed it should be T-moblie jump though hoops to get 4G, AT&T next rip off and Verizon's dull Edge.

This program still exists, but only in Corporate-Owned Retail stores.

This is not true. A preferred retailer like the one I work for can still process this. It goes on the next bill instead of being paid for at the time. But it rarely takes longer than two hours and the customer is back getting their new phone.

This is not true. A preferred retailer like the one I work for can still process this. It goes on the next bill instead of being paid for at the time. But it rarely takes longer than two hours and the customer is back getting their new phone.

Really? How so? We've never been able to do it (work for a PR), and there was recently some Daily News and a section of the Playbook that said in big bold all caps "PREFERRED RETAILERS CANT DO THIS SEND THEM TO CORPORATE STORES", or something similar.

PM me how you do it, if you'd rather not post it here.

Ah. I don't remember seeing it but my manager goes over it pretty well and he still recommends we do it for customers. I did two just last Sunday. Lol.

Call 888-273-9460 which is account services and just ask for any available buyout options. Same thing as *3 on a sprint phone I believe.

• Like 1

AT&T's next though is a 1000% rip off. T-moblies jump is not the worst if your going to pay $8 a month anyway for insurance. ( I think that in of it's self is a rip off but that's just me.)

If they were going to be renamed it should be T-moblie jump though hoops to get 4G, AT&T next rip off and Verizon's dull Edge.

Share the loop hole please...

If you try to "jump" through that "loop pole," your "next" encounter might be with a solid metal "edge."

AJ

Share the loop hole please...

Let's just say that if you pay off half of your phone off then you Don't have to trade the SAME phone back in. Just find a cheap, 4G smart phone that's works well use it for a few days then trade it in. And start it all over again. I know an insider. :)

Just a disclaimer: If doing this, makes you lose money, unleashes an act of god, kill's your first born, or does unforeseen damage to yourself, your wife, your kids, home or any other things you own that I am not going to pay jack. :)

Let's just say that if you pay off half of your phone off then you Don't have to trade the SAME phone back in. Just find a cheap, 4G smart phone that's works well use it for a few days then trade it in. And start it all over again. I know an insider. :)

Just a disclaimer: If doing this, makes you lose money, unleashes an act of god, kill's your first born, or does unforeseen damage to yourself, your wife, your kids, home or any other things you own that I am not going to pay jack. :)

So basically what you are saying is commit fraud. Now you see why carriers take perks away.

So basically what you are saying is commit fraud. Now you see why carriers take perks away.

I have read how the plan works and nothing in it says you have to trade the same phone in so how it is that fraud?

It's just a loop poll in how they have worded it. 

• Like 1

I have read how the plan works and nothing in it says you have to trade the same phone in so how it is that fraud?

It's just a loop poll in how they have worded it. 

Trying to find a way to "beat the system" can be considered fraudulent.  In either case I am sure they have that covered in writing somewhere and you just somehow overlooked it.  As a matter of fact something like this sounds a little too simple for anyone to overlook.

Considering you have yet to spell it correctly gives little to support your credibility.

Never said it was credible or that any one should just take my word for it. And yes I have spelled pole correctly the first time I typed it. I got this info from someone I know who works at Verizon. Still I think it's okay to take this with a dump truck full a salt. 

The way the program works as far as I know and have been told is pay on the phone every month for about 2 years, but if you have paid half of it off you can trade in your smart phone in 6 month's to get a new one and restart the whole thing again. And that it doesn't have to be the one you paid for or even the same model. 

I could be wrong or mistaken in this, but I am just giving a heads up. If you wish to bash my statement into the ground be my guest.  

Edited by 4ktvs

Umm... I believe it's called a loop Hole. That's what I was referring to.

And this is why I hate the English way of spelling things so much. But yes I made a stupid mistake there. 

I have been looking at stock charts most of the day, so my mind is in a different mode of thinking. That and Spelling has never been my strong suit.   

But yeah, Sprint needs to get with the program. As a future customer I'd like to purchase my phone without contract, but that's not an option.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

do the math..sprint doesn't need to do this.  This is simply a way to double-dip on the phones for the carriers..there's no real advantage to users.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=222782

This explains att but vz and tmob are nearly the same deals here.

do the math..sprint doesn't need to do this. This is simply a way to double-dip on the phones for the carriers..there's no real advantage to users.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=222782

This explains att but vz and tmob are nearly the same deals here.

Only in the case of VZ and AT&T...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

With 0 down 25 a month for the S4 + 10 for jump makes that 210 to jump to the next best thing in 6 month's. In two years it would be 840 to have 4 phones. Not the worst deal I have seen. You would likely lose that much doing it your self.

Not a great deal, but not the worst like AT&T's plan. ( I can't get over just how bad that plan is.)

Time for Sprint to update the program and make a quick buck off of the Technologically impatient and math-challenged. I'm only half joking...

They had to get rid of it, they were afraid when the Iphone came out half their subscribers on the two tiers would try to get a the iphone for free... remember sprint didnt have the iphone after both att and vzw had it.  they wanted to make money off of it lol 

With sprint's new my way plans they should also include upgrade eligibility for 1 year oppose to 20 months. It will make the newer plans more attractive.

I think at the very lest that's what the "all in" plan should do for 110 dollars a freaking month. 

Edited by 4ktvs
  • Like 1

I think at the very lest that's what the "all in" plan should do for 110 dollars a freaking month. 

the "all in" plan includes 5Gb of hotspot. plus everything from the $80 my way plan with unlimited data. 1Gb hotspot is $10, 2gb hotspot is $20, and 6gb hotspot was $50 iirc. So the deal is on the hotspot pricing, but you also can't discount it .. so I see your point. There should be some additional perks to having the "all in" plan.

• Like 1