General Investing Forum

centermedic

Just keeps dropping...will likely be at or below $2 by the end of the week, below $1 by the end of the month. De-listed by the Summer Solstice.

It seems they would say something to stem the losses now. Leak some good news to some press puppets (they have those right? T-Mobile certainly does), have the CEO tweet something, issue a press release about NGN, something. I think what scares investors is there is no good news, and the silence from Overland Park only seems to prove that.

• Like 1

Just keeps dropping...will likely be at or below $2 by the end of the week, below $1 by the end of the month. De-listed by the Summer Solstice.

It seems they would say something to stem the losses now. Leak some good news to some press puppets (they have those right? T-Mobile certainly does), have the CEO tweet something, issue a press release about NGN, something. I think what scares investors is there is no good news, and the silence from Overland Park only seems to prove that.

They are in whats known as a "quiet period" http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/quiet-period The last quarter ended December 31st, so the quiet period started on that date, and will end when they make an official earnings announcement (most likely early February).  Untill that time has passed any leaks, tweets or any relevant data to the companies fortunes (or mis fortunes) would be in violation of Securities Act of 1933 https://www.sec.gov/answers/quiet.htm.  They can't just do what every they want... they have some rules to play by, if you listen to John's tweets and periscope videos he is careful not to disclose and real information during his "quiet period". 

• Like 3

They are in whats known as a "quiet period" http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/quiet-period The last quarter ended December 31st, so the quiet period started on that date, and will end when they make an official earnings announcement (most likely early February).  Untill that time has passed any leaks, tweets or any relevant data to the companies fortunes (or mis fortunes) would be in violation of Securities Act of 1933 https://www.sec.gov/answers/quiet.htm.  They can't just do what every they want... they have some rules to play by, if you listen to John's tweets and periscope videos he is careful not to disclose and real information during his "quiet period". 

They can say a lot during the quiet period. Legere pooped on the EFF. They just can't make forward-looking statements or discuss financial data. ANYTHING to let people know they're still alive would be welcome. Instead the CEO is tweeting sports pictures. "Nero fiddled while Rome burned"

They can say a lot during the quiet period. Legere pooped on the EFF. They just can't make forward-looking statements or discuss financial data. ANYTHING to let people know they're still alive would be welcome. Instead the CEO is tweeting sports pictures. "Nero fiddled while Rome burned"

true, he could say more than nothing, if he is going to maintain a twitter account it should be used to talk about sprint. and not how proud he is of the local sports teams. but that's just my opinion and honestly even if he posted something substantial and positive very few people in the investing community will make multi million dollar investments based on a tweet... No one who reads this board, or follow his twitter account has enough personal wealth to invest in any one stock, to significantly affect share price of a stock like sprint. 

UxrsS3x.png

Yeah really. What the hell?

Reminds me of when the old Sprint stock tanked towards $2 in late 2011 and early 2012 before buyout rumors shot it up to $5 and then the ultimate $7.65 price that Softbank paid in mid-2013.

Does Sprint have another savior willing to throw yet more money at them, and how much?  We can only hope. :D

• Like 2

What? Sprint has been better as a company since Marcelo took over. Churn is down to record lows for the company, postpaid phone net losses are decreasing every quarter, and the network is improving daily (just check RM's 2nd half reports). If Sprint reports good Q4 results and hopefully clears up the apparent confusion about their network strategy I think the stock will rebound a bit.

There's still a long way to go and how they will handle debt coming due over the next few years is a real concern, but they're certainly on a better track than they ever were under Hesse.

I hate to be this guy...but Sprint could have exponential network improvement and still go bankrupt if they don't get consumers to see the improvement. Are we looking at this too emotionally? Anytime I look at the Sprint balance sheet I get nauseous. It is just flat out bad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I hate to be this guy...but Sprint could have exponential network improvement and still go bankrupt if they don't get consumers to see the improvement. Are we looking at this too emotionally? Anytime I look at the Sprint balance sheet I get nauseous. It is just flat out bad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reading general news articles about sprint do indicate satisfaction with sprint service. Like ianqn said customers are noticing but I think it takes time to really see the the numbers.

Earnings next Tuesday. It seems like they're announcing it on short notice. I wonder if they moved it up based on recent events.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-corporation-schedules-third-fiscal-quarter-2015-results-announcement.htm

Stock freefall is over. S is up 3% today to $2.53 as of time of writing.

• Like 6

Earnings next Tuesday. It seems like they're announcing it on short notice. I wonder if they moved it up based on recent events.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-corporation-schedules-third-fiscal-quarter-2015-results-announcement.htm

Stock freefall is over. S is up 3% today to $2.53 as of time of writing.

Excellent.  Google Finance had estimated next Earnings Release call was Feb 3rd, so I am quite pleased that there will be more clarity in just a few business days.  

• Like 2

And all the people who bought at the bottom after those articles are laughing as they cash in.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 5

Sprint's positive earnings report and reassurance that network upgrades will not disrupt service is still not enough to stop the negative Nancys

Run, Don't Walk Away From Sprint http://seekingalpha.com/article/3834466?source=ansh $S, $T, $VZ

Sprint won't stop them. They have to discredit them. By staying around and improving quarter after quarter.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1