General Investing Forum

centermedic

SoftBank bought yet another $70 million of Sprint yesterday at an average price of $4.80

How long are they going to keep supporting the stock? :hmm:

http://www.octafinance.com/why-softbank-group-corp-acquired-14-67-million-stock-of-sprint-corp-nyses/

In a sea of red this week, it's nice to see S painted green.

• Like 1

In a sea of red this week, it's nice to see S painted green.

Damn those hooligan kids and their spray paint cans!

elkap.png

AJ

• Like 10

After immediately crashing down over 11% to $3.98 this morning, Sprint shares quickly stabilized to $4.60 as of now.  I wonder if it was SoftBank that rushed in and bought some more.

After immediately crashing down over 11% to $3.98 this morning, Sprint shares quickly stabilized to $4.60 as of now. I wonder if it was SoftBank that rushed in and bought some more.

It's back to $4.70. Maybe other investors are realizing the stock is undervalued and buying them out when it gets low? When Softbank gets to 85% control, aren't they obligated to buy the rest of the shares? I'm hoping it doesn't get to that because my investment is now almost break-even after my purchase 2 weeks ago. :P

It's back to $4.70. Maybe other investors are realizing the stock is undervalued and buying them out when it gets low? When Softbank gets to 85% control, aren't they obligated to buy the rest of the shares? I'm hoping it doesn't get to that because my investment is now almost break-even after my purchase 2 weeks ago. :P

SoftBank is still aggressively buying up the stock...  Yesterday, they bought over $100 million worth of Sprint shares at an average price of $4.70

http://www.dakotafinancialnews.com/insider-buying-group-corp-softbank-buys-21327788-shares-of-sprint-corp-stock-s/385229/

If Softbank were to get to 85 percent and they were obligated to buy the rest-how would it work if they broke Sprint up into pieces and sold it off? Say they sold the real estate and network hardware, patents, the spectrum etc...Is it possible they see this as the best way to recoup money? I am ignorant here and tbis may not even be possible. I sincerely hope the thought never even crossed Masa's mind.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Their cost basis is way above the Sprint current price - I doubt they'd try to sell at this point, especially with concerns regarding global credit markets. Take control and leverage SoftBank for cheaper Sprint financing? Maybe, but I don't know if SoftBank wants complete ownership or they would have bought the rest of the stock when it was closer to $3.00 per share.

• Like 1

Sprint is officially $5/share now.  Excellent times ahead, I believe.

SoftBank has spent hundreds of millions of dollars to provide a price floor and get the stock above $5.  Now, we need some real good news or speculation to push back to $6 and above.  I am still waiting to see heavy insider buying from Sprint executives.

• Like 1

SoftBank has spent hundreds of millions of dollars to provide a price floor and get the stock above $5.  Now, we need some real good news or speculation to push back to $6 and above.  I am still waiting to see heavy insider buying from Sprint executives.

Looks like Sprint's aggressive plan to gain customers may put Sprint back in the 3rd spot.  Would be interesting if it panned out.

EDIT: Looks like investors like it.  Stock up another ~5% this morning.

• Like 2

What was the low in the past 30 days? Around $3? Thinking back on a few loud mouthed stock analysts putting downward pressure on the stock price, just think of all those people who have nearly already doubled their money in just a short period of time. I knew this would happen and speculated as much.

I think the SEC should investigate all those article writers who were writing Sprint hit pieces that were driving down the stock. And see who bought Sprint stock low, and their friends, families and associates. I believe it could uncover quite a dirty trail.

What's sad is those articles got people to foolishly sell low. Losing on their investment. Fearing Sprint was going completely down the drains like the articles eluded, so they better sell now and not lose it all. Leaving it for others to sweep in, buy low and let the Sprint good news cycle buoy stocks back up and double their money in weeks. It seems criminal to me and worthy of at least investigation. A sick, twisted part of me hopes the net would catch up the likes of Moffet in all of it.

Sprint's price is just too easy to manipulate. Now where did I put my tinfoil hat?

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 8

How much more does SoftBank have to buy to trigger the tender offer?

As of Friday 3% or approximately 119.1 million shares or $602.6 million.

Yikes, that could be good or bad.  But I see S going off the big board in the near future.

C'est la vie.  I liked the good old days when Sprint traded under two different tickers -- FON and PCS.

AJ

Yikes, that could be good or bad. But I see S going off the big board in the near future.

C'est la vie. I liked the good old days when Sprint traded under two different tickers -- FON and PCS.

AJ

I am of the "get it off the board" group as the tender offer comes through and Sprint doesn't have the deal with the Moffett's on Wall Street. Too many sharks in the US financial culture, unfortunately.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Big selloff has brought Sprint shares back below $4. It did not look like Softbank made any significant purchases today to stop the fall.

While the broader market did fall, investors should have cheered that not participating in the 2016 auction resolves what would have been another major Sprint cash/debt problem.

Big selloff has brought Sprint shares back below $4. It did not look like Softbank made any significant purchases today to stop the fall.

While the broader market did fall, investors should have cheered that not participating in the 2016 auction resolves what would have been another major Sprint cash/debt problem.

They're clearly worried about the debt. Especially given Sprint's non-participation in the 600 MHz auction. Now while I agree with the thought process that non-participation has a definite political calculus, I also think that investors are either not aware or do not give a shit about that calculus.

Sprint shares fell another 6% today to $3.74

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2802656-sprint-falls-another-6-percent-in-valley-of-darkness-amid-network-fixes

Considering that Softbank had just recently spent tens of millions of dollars to buy more Sprint stock near the $5 price point, Masayoshi Son may be feeling more disappointment right now.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2802656-sprint-falls-another-6-percent-in-valley-of-darkness-amid-network-fixes

Considering that Softbank had just recently spent tens of millions of dollars to buy more Sprint stock near the $5 price point, Masayoshi Son may be feeling more disappointment right now.

doubt it, stocks go up and down every day, someone like son, or anyone buying that many shares is not planning on selling them in the short term, that was a long term buy think 5-10 or more years. 

Well, he certainly didn't buy the stock because he wanted to see a return on his money from the stock price alone. It was basically corporate quantative easing.

So he may be disappointed, as you've suggested, because he spent millions of dollars to try to keep the stock price up by overpaying and artificially inflating, and that is not working now. For it to work, they would have to keep buying stock in perpetuity until Sprint has tailwind. Or at least until they have bought the maximum allowed.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

Softbank's support has continued, though apparently not enough to keep the stock price above $4.

This past three days (Mon-Wed), they bought $75 million worth of Sprint shares.  B)

http://www.dakotafinancialnews.com/sprint-corp-major-shareholder-group-corp-softbank-purchases-6184941-shares-s/474381/

• Like 1

Softbank's support has continued, though apparently not enough to keep the stock price above $4.

This past three days (Mon-Wed), they bought $75 million worth of Sprint shares.  B)

http://www.dakotafinancialnews.com/sprint-corp-major-shareholder-group-corp-softbank-purchases-6184941-shares-s/474381/

Geez, and the stock still went down as much as it did.  I wonder how much further it would've went down if they didn't buy any shares.  They gotta be getting close to 85% now.

• Like 1