Sprint network problem: Getting Nextel shutdown message on Sprint lines

How strange!  My number is working just fine; I switched to Sprint from Nextel like 6 years ago.

We have been getting calls all day. I kinda wish it wasn't working for a bit around lunch today :P

Was any of your phones having data issues too. Curious as my mom's phone used to be a Nextel # and today we were trying to use Google maps and the phone was saying "couldn't connect to server" But it's all working now. I wonder if that's why the phone wasn't working though.

I had good LTE connectivity the entire time.

Computerworld post.....

https://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9240802/Sprint_outage_affects_customers_in_some_parts_of_U.S._for_several_hours_

Interesting how two data points in the article were from outages.org and downdetector.com that I mentioned in posts to this thread.....

I really hope this post was meant as a joke...

I alerted a few family members that were Nextel to Sprint converts, hopefully the issue is already resolved.  As digi noted, it's probably just an overlooked switching/routing issue.

And clearly none of the other carriers ever have issues.  <_< 

Get over it people. It happens. It could happen to your landline too and no matter how important it is to your business it could happen on any carrier at any time and there will always be a call that is more important somewhere else. 

• Like 2

i had an issue today with voice calls on obht lines on my account, but only to numbers with the same area code and no matter who the carrier was.  I could make calls to any landline or mobile as long as it wasnt in this certain area code.  Received all calls, text and no other issues, could not get into voicemail either, happened from about 1100am EST till last time i tried was about 1800hrs EST.  Voicemail is working now too early/late to try to call anyone now.

Edited by bmattox79