Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

Staff has had to edit your post.  And we already went through this in another thread earlier today.  We know you mean well in sharing info, but DO NOT copy and paste full text articles from other sites -- especially if they are behind a paywall, such as with the Wall Street Journal.  That is copyright infringement and could lead to the end of S4GRU.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

AJ

• Like 6

Maybe EVDO roaming. That could fulfill his promise illiterately. And I know that's not what he intended for 

Marcelo Claure may be a native Spanish speaker.  But are you calling him illiterate?  That would be somewhat ironic.

AJ

• Like 3

Staff has had to edit your post.  And we already went through this in another thread earlier today.  We know you mean well in sharing info, but DO NOT copy and paste full text articles from other sites -- especially if they are behind a paywall, such as with the Wall Street Journal.  That is copyright infringement and could lead to the end of S4GRU.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

AJ

What about posting the link to google for the full article like http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SoftBank%27s+U.S.+Cellphone+Strategy+Takes+Shape

/edited because the link is broken otherwise

Edited by cletus

What about posting the link to google for the full article like https://www.google.com/#q=SoftBank's+U.S.+Cellphone+Strategy+Takes+Shape

Yes, that is a relatively well known workaround.  And it is no problem.  Clearly, Google has an agreement with the Wall Street Journal that allows a query to link through the paywall.  Or, if Google has no such agreement, then it takes the heat, which Google can afford but S4GRU cannot.

AJ

• Like 8

I'm more interested in what att and vz does. Seem like these plans are targeting their customers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I doubt either does anything. Not right away at least. Sprint doesn't have the network to compete right now.

• Like 2

I doubt either does anything. Not right away at least. Sprint doesn't have the network to compete right now.

Depends on the area. Around here they're fine. Not amazing everywhere, but with the 800 overlay I can make calls and surf in areas where reception for voice is iffy on other carriers, and data is only available because those guys have 700-band LTE.

And in the few places where B41 is turned on and not obscured by the wall of a building, Sprint's neck and neck on data speeds with anyone else.

But, just like anyone else, my experience here isn't indicative of the condition of their network nationwide.

Depends on the area. Around here they're fine. Not amazing everywhere, but with the 800 overlay I can make calls and surf in areas where reception for voice is iffy on other carriers, and data is only available because those guys have 700-band LTE.

And in the few places where B41 is turned on and not obscured by the wall of a building, Sprint's neck and neck on data speeds with anyone else.

But, just like anyone else, my experience here isn't indicative of the condition of their network nationwide.

Joshuam is wearing pink under his faded yellow shirt. He has an iPhone 4s and wonders why the network hasn't improved.
  • Like 1

Joshuam is wearing pink under his faded yellow shirt. He has an iPhone 4s and wonders why the network hasn't improved.

I actually have an iPhone 5s...guess my profile is outdated...haha. I've had every iphone available on Sprint ????

Been a Sprint customer for years...still experience awful customer service (likely a problem for all wireless carriers), terrible LTE coverage around Baltimore (home is great, 25Mbps consonantly, but I have wifi at home). I'm just getting tired of being disappointed by Sprint.

• Like 2

According to the OpenSignal app on my iPhone 5s...my drive is 45 miles to work from north east MD through Baltimore into Anne Arundel county, and I'm at 50% of my time today is on 3G. According to Sprint LTE maps, entire area has LTE ????

• Like 2

According to the OpenSignal app on my iPhone 5s...my drive is 45 miles to work from north east MD through Baltimore into Anne Arundel county, and I'm at 50% of my time today is on 3G. According to Sprint LTE maps, entire area has LTE [emoji45]

Try out tmobile and instead of 3G you'll have edge or no signal at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

According to the OpenSignal app on my iPhone 5s...my drive is 45 miles to work from north east MD through Baltimore into Anne Arundel county, and I'm at 50% of my time today is on 3G. According to Sprint LTE maps, entire area has LTE

Friend, you need to stop because you're borderline trolling. It's not cool anymore. We are here to discuss the plans, not what problems you are experiencing.

• Like 1

Friend, you need to stop because you're borderline trolling. It's not cool anymore. We are here to discuss the plans, not what problems you are experiencing.

Correction, We are here to discuss Softbank - New Sprint. The plan discussion is in the other thread.  :D

TS

• Like 4

Thats what bugs me when some says "thats trolling" or why are you here....

Best answer to find help and discuss.

Now, why are you here? :P

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Once again folks,

any posts dealing with the new CEO, the Town hall meeting from yesterday or new Family Share plans need to be posted in the Marcelo Claure, Town Hall meetings and new Family Share pack discussion thread.

Any posts dealing with todays' Edge Event goes here  and any post about the new Sharp Aquos phone goes in this thread

Eventually these last two threads will be merged themselves.

TS

• Like 1