Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

My father and I had 2 very pleasant Sprint CS experiences today.

The first was a problem we were seeing on My Sprint on the website where the site said we had a balance of -$128.25 (because my father paid the bill, then made another payment because he was going out of the country so he wanted to have credit on his account for when they charged us for the next months bill), so we had a credit of $128.25 because he paid more than what the next months bill was going to cost, but there was a message above the balance saying something along the lines of "You have a previous balance on your account, collection services may be initiated if the balance is not payed. Please pay the balance to avoid a service interruption." So we were wondering "how can there be a balance if we have credit on the account?" So we call CS and we were very politely talked to and the woman got her supervisor looking at it and they fixed it all up for us in less than 15 minutes, including hold times.

Our next experience today was, since my father was out of the country a couple days ago, he couldn't use his iPhone 5S because it wasn't unlocked. So, we decided, now that he's home, we would call to have his (and hopefully mine and my sisters') phone unlocked, because we will be traveling internationally more often. We call them up, they ask for his name, his phone number, a contact number in case they need to contact him, his account PIN, and she asks what we would like to do. He says "I would like to unlock my phone" and the woman goes silent for about 5 seconds and she says "Okay, your phone is now unlocked on my end." She then asked what else we would like, and we asked if we could unlock my phone and my sisters phone, too. She said she wasn't sure if she could, because they're only supposed to be able to unlock 1 phone per account per year. So then she asked to hold on a moment, and a few seconds later she says my phone is now unlocked, and then a few more seconds later she says my sisters' phone is unlocked. Very simple!

These experiences are MUCH better than what I have experienced before, and it was very refreshing to experience. I used to have my father avoid calling CS like the plague, but now it doesn't seem like too much of a hassle anymore. Keep it up, Sprint!

-Anthony

• Like 8

I just posted an article about Softbank and Sharp bringing a new phone out..I like the bezel on it (virtually non-existent)...it's in the General area. But I wonder if stores are closing early and they'll get info on this during the meeting as well as the new plans that are coming?

• Like 2

I just posted an article about Softbank and Sharp bringing a new phone out..I like the bezel on it (virtually non-existent)...it's in the General area. But I wonder if stores are closing early and they'll get info on this during the meeting as well as the new plans that are coming?

Generally phone launch info comes out on Wednesday night with the playbook unless the phone is fruit themed then we find out right when the public does.

But if it comes up ill let you know, but with the description your article gives i wouldn't be surprised if it comes out Tuesday at that event.

Hence the Edge naming for the event.
  • Like 1

Reporting on the news before its news...heard it here first..."Take off the Edge" event is gonna be announcing the new Sharp + Softbank phone. I'd really like to see the 5.5" version in the US, but if the 5" comes, it'll be what I get for my sis-in-law in Nov when she is eligible for an upgrade.

This isn't going to be what I'm looking forward to though...I want to see what Marcelo has lined up in the current customer retention area... I'm a 6+ year customer of Sprint who's needed an Airave since day 1...and I stuck it out, going from 1 phone that never worked, to now having 5 phones ...still need the airave (wifi calling with more than one phone on the same network can really be a burden...calls SUCK if you get 2 wifi calls at the same time on the same network -- thanks AT&T for having sucky DSL here)...

But I'm curious to see what else is up the proverbial "sleeve"....

• Like 2

Reporting on the news before its news...heard it here first..."Take off the Edge" event is gonna be announcing the new Sharp + Softbank phone. I'd really like to see the 5.5" version in the US, but if the 5" comes, it'll be what I get for my sis-in-law in Nov when she is eligible for an upgrade.

It's cool that we are getting this phone! Now only if we can get the Nokia windows phone and the sony Xperia

• Like 1

My father and I had 2 very pleasant Sprint CS experiences today.

The first was a problem we were seeing on My Sprint on the website where the site said we had a balance of -$128.25 (because my father paid the bill, then made another payment because he was going out of the country so he wanted to have credit on his account for when they charged us for the next months bill), so we had a credit of $128.25 because he paid more than what the next months bill was going to cost, but there was a message above the balance saying something along the lines of "You have a previous balance on your account, collection services may be initiated if the balance is not payed. Please pay the balance to avoid a service interruption." So we were wondering "how can there be a balance if we have credit on the account?" So we call CS and we were very politely talked to and the woman got her supervisor looking at it and they fixed it all up for us in less than 15 minutes, including hold times.

-Anthony

Funny. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile just over a year ago for about 30 days before returning to Sprint. I over paid my last bill, apparently, by $2.31. They send me a bill every month for -$2.31.

I just laugh at the money they waste by sending me that.

• Like 4

Didn't we find out that a long time ago. In the original thread for the event someone alluded to the event being about that phone weeks ago. It's not really news.

Yeah, I think Tim posted details or a schematic of the device a little while ago.

Yeah, I think Tim posted details or a schematic of the device a little while ago.

I saw that they released one version back in 2013... but not sure if it was vapor or never brought state side.

Personally no bezel looks awesome, but if you put a case around it. It makes it very difficult to reach the edge of the screen. Similarly to what ive found using an g2.

Funny. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile just over a year ago for about 30 days before returning to Sprint. I over paid my last bill, apparently, by $2.31. They send me a bill every month for -$2.31.

I just laugh at the money they waste by sending me that.

I was mad at how I was treated by a company once so I over paid a couple bucks to cause something like what's happening to you now. Finally a few months later I get a letter saying I will get a registered letter with a refund of a dollar and a some change. I get a registered letter with no check in it. A day or two later I get another saying they forgot to include the check and it will follow in a third registered letter. A few days later it does show up. I never cashed it. Good times. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Marcelo's tweet this morning is gaining popularity fast! 61 Favorites and 58 retweets already!

I did both as soon as I seen it..LOL

• Like 3

I can't believe there are no leaks yet!

If you wait five minutes, I am about to go take a leak.

:P

AJ

• Like 6