Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

Cell site density is another explanation at least in Phoenix. Att has about 20-30 percent more cell towers in the valley than does sprint. In Phoenix ATT voice and HSDPA network runs off 1900.

Sprint starved the network of capital for years and that included add new sites. 800 will bring them up to par in terms of voice but data coverage will require 2.6 and densifying the network.

Sorry. Meant to say "one of the reasons" not only. Perks of mobile devices.

If I even sent that one from my 5s lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

There was a beautiful thread on it a little while ago. What irks me is how verizon still uses outdated maps in their commercials even though we know they have superior coverage.

every time I see those commercials I pause and rewind to see the fine print.  usually their coverage maps are 6mos-year old and the fine print is an entirely different 6mos-year timeframe.

Density for the 2.6 network. They have also indicated that expanded service into new areas is not a priority for them. I am sure they will do some but I don't get the impression that a massive push in rural coverage is any where on the horizon.

Robert explained it best above.  As far as density is concerned that also has been addressed.  They are looking at femto and pico cells to help "densify" coverage in the future which they are not including in their overall macrocell figures.

I'm certainly of the same mind that Son and Co will not be discussing any additional cell sites since they will probably be used for leverage in the T-Mo buyout.  One thing Son is, is not stupid.  He has many cards up his sleeve.

• Like 7

every time I see those commercials I pause and rewind to see the fine print.  usually their coverage maps are 6mos-year old and the fine print is an entirely different 6mos-year timeframe.

Robert explained it best above.  As far as density is concerned that also has been addressed.  They are looking at femto and pico cells to help "densify" coverage in the future which they are not including in their overall macrocell figures.

I'm certainly of the same mind that Son and Co will not be discussing any additional cell sites since they will probably be used for leverage in the T-Mo buyout.  One thing Son is, is not stupid.  He has many cards up his sleeve.

Oh, yeah, there are still alot of concessions to be made:

1. Increasing+thickening coverage to match AT&T

2. Divesting EBS+T-Mobile's network to Dish which will then offer wireless broadband

3. Promising a price war

4. World Peace ???? :P

"And take a peek here for the ENTIRE presentation."

That one hour video was well worth the time to watch it.  It explains the plan in detail and how he can get the USA there.

Agreed. I might have missed it, but he was on Charlie Rose before his presentation.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/softbank-ceo-masayoshi-son-charlie-rose-03-11-42hVejRiTYagXWH~9MohJQ.html

• Like 1

I must be hallucinating! Joan Lappin saying something good about Sprint (well not about Sprint, more about Masa).

Meh. Her crap is still borderline unreadable.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Every network is garbage in the USA. I need to take a trip to Japan lol. Son doesn't want to settle like a lot of people I see on the forums talking about epenis. If we truly are paying more for less then bring on the higher speeds. Shouldnt have to settle for 6-8 even if we dont need it.

This conference is very cool. Notice who has been added. Very nice. http://recode.net/2014/03/14/softbanks-masa-son-added-to-code-conference-roster/Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very network is garbage in the USA. I need to take a trip to Japan lol. Son doesn't want to settle like a lot of people I see on the forums talking about epenis. If we truly are payong more for less then bring on the higher speeds. Shouldnt have to settle for 6-8 even if we dont need it.

I completely agree. I mean the US being 15th out of 16 in the world, come on. We should be getting what we pay for. A lot of these companies are greedy and will give us mediocre service so they can reap the most benefits. I hope Son can make this happen. 

• Like 1

I completely agree. I mean the US being 15th out of 16 in the world, come on. We should be getting what we pay for. A lot of these companies are greedy and will give us mediocre service so they can reap the most benefits. I hope Son can make this happen.

So now we are making epenis a national cause?

• Like 1

So now we are making epenis a national cause?

I'm not saying that we need to be the best in the world. I just find it kind of sad that we are almost last. I know we don't need blazing fast speeds for web pages, but in my mind it wouldn't hurt.

• Like 3

I'm not saying that we need to be the best in the world. I just find it kind of sad that we are almost last. I know we don't need blazing fast speeds for web pages, but in my mind it wouldn't hurt.

meh screw that if i only wanted to do normal small little things with my phone then i would have stuck with a phone from the year 2000 or something but guess what i have a huge screen mini tablet and i want what im paying for ok, i want a bigger e-penis i can care less for the folks that dont if you dont that's you thats i see it but until that person pays my bill and such dont tell me what i dont need cuz its coming out my pockets thats how i see it lol.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

meh screw that if i only wanted to do normal small little things with my phone then i would have stuck with a phone from the year 2000 or something but guess what i have a huge screen mini tablet and i want what im paying for ok, i want a bigger e-penis i can care less for the folks that dont if you dont that's you thats i see it but until that person pays my bill and such dont tell me what i dont need cuz its coming out my pockets thats how i see it lol.

Good. That means we wont hear you complain about how much your e-penis costs.

• Like 7

What are not normal things to do on a phone?

• Like 2

Wow.  I would expect someone who would type something so nonsensical to want to pay more for e-penis enlargement.  I can't believe you said that publicly.  Wow.

Robert

• Like 1

Wow.  I would expect someone who would type something so nonsensical to want to pay more for e-penis enlargement.  I can't believe you said that publicly.  Wow.

You added an extra "l" there.  He said that "pubicly."

:P

AJ

• Like 5

What are not normal things to do on a phone?

well i see some folks complain like its so wrong to stream a video or a nice movie because your using the so called network data and such or oh your hogging up this or that or because of you this is the reason the network sucks and whatnot when the point is the network sucks because it just do its not up to par like it should be. Im not saying its ok to tether your damn ps4 or xbox using the damn cell network and such but if i have a 6inch no homo with a beautiful screen beast of a high power phone im going to use it as i please if it means streaming a movie on the go or while i wait outside of a doctors appointment or something or miracast it to my tv and watch a movie or something loading webpages and facebooking or intagramming and tapatalking aint the only thing out there to do.