Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

The tower on Jaycox and mills road in Avon / North Ridgeville has had more work on it in regards to backhaul. No new cabinets yet. I think legacy back haul is no longer connected to the site. It is pushing out awesome 3G speeds and low latency.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I live in Elyria near LCCC, and I work in Mayfield Hts.  Every day I drive Abbe to Rt57, to Rt 10, to 480, to 271.  I like to listen to IHeart Radio..  I can't wait for NV to complete.  I never did get Wimax in Lorain county, which was how they sold me the Evo 4g.  Anyhow.....

I get a decent stream until I hit the ValleyView bridge, then my signal just drops.  I also cannot get any phone calls till I get to Garfield Hts exit.  Anyone else seeing this behavior? I have gotten as long as 3842ms ping times (YES 4 digits), .34kbps down and .02kbps up.

I have noticed a HUGE improvement in 3g speeds in Elyria on Abbe Rd. and by Midway Mall.

Also, as an aside, has anyone else seen where if you pass two or more police officers, your calls drop?  This happens to my daughter and me.  She has the new LG Optimus 4g, and I have the SGSIII.  I had the same behavior in these areas when I had my Evo 4g (if i turned of Wimax).

I have noticed a HUGE improvement in 3g speeds in Elyria on Abbe Rd. and by Midway Mall.

I was on the turnpike on Sunday and drove through that area, I'm fairly confident that I saw the Sprint tower that would cover Midway Mall and it appeared to have upgraded NV Equipment on it. No LTE and I couldn't test any speeds, but it definitely looks promising.

Ok something just happened in the Mayfield Hts area...

At my desk I usually have just enough signal to send and receive text messages, (sometimes I have to retry). Speed tests at my desk are typically just crap. for example, on 06/25/13 - 4:51PM, the BEST I achieved all day was 0.01Mbps UP, 0.02 Mbps DOWN and 1409ms Ping time.

Today I noticed I have 3 bars of signal, typically I have just one bar. So I have been running tests.

The WORST test I have run today @ 4:56PM is 1.03Mbps UP, 0.57 DOWN and 190ms Ping time. My phone has also gotten emails, Words with Friends, Dice with Buddies, and even Facebook IMs.. In the two months that I have been at this job, I have NEVER gotten any of those things at my desk.

Encouraging!

Edited by KnightBird

I live in Elyria near LCCC, and I work in Mayfield Hts.  Every day I drive Abbe to Rt57, to Rt 10, to 480, to 271.  I like to listen to IHeart Radio..  I can't wait for NV to complete.  I never did get Wimax in Lorain county, which was how they sold me the Evo 4g.  Anyhow.....

I get a decent stream until I hit the ValleyView bridge, then my signal just drops.  I also cannot get any phone calls till I get to Garfield Hts exit.  Anyone else seeing this behavior? I have gotten as long as 3842ms ping times (YES 4 digits), .34kbps down and .02kbps up.

Also, as an aside, has anyone else seen where if you pass two or more police officers, your calls drop?  This happens to my daughter and me.  She has the new LG Optimus 4g, and I have the SGSIII.  I had the same behavior in these areas when I had my Evo 4g (if i turned of Wimax).

I drive 480/271 everyday (between Parma and Mayfield Heights.  I usually have no problems, as I regularly listen to Pandora on the route.

Ok something just happened in the Mayfield Hts area...

At my desk I usually have just enough signal to send and receive text messages, (sometimes I have to retry). Speed tests at my desk are typically just crap. for example, on 06/25/13 - 4:51PM, the BEST I achieved all day was 0.01Mbps UP, 0.02 Mbps DOWN and 1409ms Ping time.

Today I noticed I have 3 bars of signal, typically I have just one bar. So I have been running tests.

The WORST test I have run today @ 4:56PM is 1.03Mbps UP, 0.57 DOWN and 190ms Ping time. My phone has also gotten emails, Words with Friends, Dice with Buddies, and even Facebook IMs.. In the two months that I have been at this job, I have NEVER gotten any of those things at my desk.

Encouraging!

I also work in the Mayfield Heights area and I tested this morning.  1.3Mbps up, .71 Mbps down.

I drove past it this morning and picked up a 4G signal!  I got 18.71 Mbps down and 10.45 Mbps up.  I drove around a little bit and mapped it on sensorly. It's there now.  Zoom in around Fitch and Cook Rd.

FINALLY!

• Like 3

I drove past it this morning and picked up a 4G signal!  I got 18.71 Mbps down and 10.45 Mbps up.  I drove around a little bit and mapped it on sensorly. It's there now.  Zoom in around Fitch and Cook Rd.

FINALLY!

I also mapped it on sensorly at midnight I went to fitch and back and got quite a few speed tests.

uploadfromtaptalk1372818098274.jpg today at 4:15

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Holy crap, I might have to drive over to Olmstead Falls just to see this with my own eyes!  Was this really all just waiting for Sprint to kill iDEN in Ohio at the end of June?

For some reason, today in Mayfield Hts, by Landerhaven I have NO DATA at all..I have Phone signal, . Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?  I haven't changed anything on my phone, and i had data on the way into work...

I work in the Landerhaven area and I just did a speed test and my data connection is working fine.

I still had LTE/CDMA enabled, and once i flipped it to CDMA i had data back again.  Odd that i get NO data when LTE/CDMA is enabled though.. I even did a factory reset on my phone thinking something could be toasted..

I appreciate your input CLBowens!

I still had LTE/CDMA enabled, and once i flipped it to CDMA i had data back again.  Odd that i get NO data when LTE/CDMA is enabled though.. I even did a factory reset on my phone thinking something could be toasted..

I appreciate your input CLBowens!

Yeah, my phone is on CDMA/LTE.

According to my account details, somewhere along my ride home I picked up 2.2MB of 4G data transfer...i never saw a 4G signal, but I'll watch on the way home today, especially as i drive by Malleys and the Airport.

Is this equipment that was installed recently at my local tower NV equipment?  We do not have 4G here yet (western/southwestern Ohio).  A month or so ago, I saw several workers at our local tower with several crates on the ground.  There was a light rain, and they had tarps up around the top of the fence while they continued to work.  My question is, does this look like 4G equipment?  It seems that the buildings that are there now are smaller than what was there previously.

I can also give you the exact location of the tower.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl

I will attach images of the base, antenna and a screen capture of the info I could find online for the tower. 

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sprint Tower Info.jpg

Sprint Tower Antenna_2.jpg

Sprint Tower Base_2.jpg