Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Bump... Anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of our members are tracking permits for the Cleveland market in the sponsor section here's the link to the permit map

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3186-cleveland-permits-for-network-vision. You must be a sponsor in order to view it heres information on becoming a sponsor: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

One of our members are tracking permits for the Cleveland market in the sponsor section here's the link to the permit map

http://s4gru.com/ind...network-vision. You must be a sponsor in order to view it heres information on becoming a member. http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

That second link doesn't work.

• 3 weeks later...
34 more cities announced and still none in Ohio!

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/18/sprint-brings-lte-to-21-markets/

Yes, very discouraging... Hopefully some lte starts to pop up sooner than later!

Starting to see new cabinets, etc... In the Columbus area though.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Here's a pic of [site redacted]. No NV yet, but I thought I'd share the picture anyway. Not sure which panels are sprint. I know the bottom panel is at&t LTE. I've never seen any panels like the dark grey ones at the top before. Not sure about any of the other panels, except that sprint, t-mobile, and verizon are also on this "tower". Is that not the prettiest tower you've ever seen

post-8956-0-58533200-1366413316_thumb.jpg

Official announcements mean nothing. There are cities not announced that already have a decent amount of coverage, and cities that have been announced for six months that still have no coverage. Tracking deployment on the S4GRU Sponsor maps is the only way to go.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Official announcements mean nothing. There are cities not announced that already have a decent amount of coverage, and cities that have been announced for six months that still have no coverage. Tracking deployment on the S4GRU Sponsor maps is the only way to go.

As a prime example for a Samsung market, Pittsburgh has yet to be announced by Sprint as having work ongoing but if you look at the Sponsors map or Sensorly, LTE is available in parts.

• Like 1

Oh so none around in that area then? Is it for the network upgrades or for LTE? Also do you have issues with trying to get data if your in the Avon area? Very slow...

I share your pain. I had a 4g phone since day 1 down in Nashville, then moved to Cleveland and cut it last year when work gave me an Iphone 4. I have seen numerous speeds of <30 kbps in Avon Lake, Avon, Brooklyn, I-90 around Rocky River, etc. In fact, there is a favorite place on I-90 around Rocky River where calls will drop. I did buy an Iphone 5 this weekend because I got an awesome deal- but I'll have to return it because it looks like Siri doesn't work well unless you are least getting above dial-up speeds! One thing I've noticed in particular is the Friday night capacity issues. Dial up speeds for sure until after 9 pm. I never had this issue before I moved here. I like Sprint's pricing, and I've been a loyal customer for 10 years- but if I had to choose today; I'd probably go T-mobile in this area (speed for the price)

I share your pain. I had a 4g phone since day 1 down in Nashville, then moved to Cleveland and cut it last year when work gave me an Iphone 4. I have seen numerous speeds of <30 kbps in Avon Lake, Avon, Brooklyn, I-90 around Rocky River, etc. In fact, there is a favorite place on I-90 around Rocky River where calls will drop. I did buy an Iphone 5 this weekend because I got an awesome deal- but I'll have to return it because it looks like Siri doesn't work well unless you are least getting above dial-up speeds! One thing I've noticed in particular is the Friday night capacity issues. Dial up speeds for sure until after 9 pm. I never had this issue before I moved here. I like Sprint's pricing, and I've been a loyal customer for 10 years- but if I had to choose today; I'd probably go T-mobile in this area (speed for the price)

It's the darkest before the dawn. They are just starting upgrades in your market. If you cannot wait a few months, then you should find another carrier.

Uh...thanks for the welcome to the forum. In all seriousness, you are doing great work here. I have commented on Sprint's help forum and facebook about the painful experience because I thought surely those issues I've been experiencing are the effect of maintenance and upgrades to the system.

So I by my LTE phone and wait.... By the way- what kinds of speeds should one expect to get on Sprint's LTE anyway?

Thanks again

Uh...thanks for the welcome to the forum. In all seriousness, you are doing great work here. I have commented on Sprint's help forum and facebook about the painful experience because I thought surely those issues I've been experiencing are the effect of maintenance and upgrades to the system.

So I by my LTE phone and wait.... By the way- what kinds of speeds should one expect to get on Sprint's LTE anyway?

Thanks again

LTE performance is highly variable depending on signal strength and quality. You can have anywhere between 1Mbps with a weak signal up to 37.5Mbps with a strong signal with unburdened sector and backhaul.

Sprint is advertising 6-8Mbps. So they will try to maintain their network to meet those speeds with at least moderate range signals.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Thanks again

Avon is screwed for some reason. Come out to North Ridgeville and test out the new network :). If you stop by Speedway on center ridge road and run a few speed tests you won't be disappointed.

6hJdBtW.png

Avon is screwed for some reason. Come out to North Ridgeville and test out the new network :). If you stop by Speedway on center ridge road and run a few speed tests you won't be disappointed.

6hJdBtW.png

Is this a 3g phone? I've **just recently** been getting some speeds like this on the iphone 4 in Brooklyn....then a mile away up 117th st.....16 kbps.

Is this a 3g phone? I've **just recently** been getting some speeds like this on the iphone 4 in Brooklyn....then a mile away up 117th st.....16 kbps.

It's an LTE phone but it's only been connected to 3G since I've had it. All of those tests are on 3G.

It's an LTE phone but it's only been connected to 3G since I've had it. All of those tests are on 3G.

Those speeds are great; but that doesn't make me want to run over their with my LTE phone though. 'Promising to hear you are getting those speeds consistently though!

Those speeds are great; but that doesn't make me want to run over their with my LTE phone though. 'Promising to hear you are getting those speeds consistently though!

I'll be sure to let you know when LTE goes live in the area.

I actually got 2 mbps at my house a mile from the lake last night...but it was 1 am. Today's speeds are a consistent .65 - 1.39 mbps all over the Westside- Westlake, Rocky River, Brooklyn.

That's good news. 0.75 and above is what I see for peak times. Verizon is just as slow or slower during peak times so I'm not even complaining. Off peak times though sit at around 1.3-2.5mbit/s.

• Like 1

I just wish Sprint would be more transparent with their upgrades . . . *sigh*

At this point I'm starting to think even Robert isn't getting notifications of acceptance for Cleveland. I may be wrong though. The guy I know that works for Ericsson is almost never at home and rarely comes in to the store I work at. I'm assuming Sprint inspections are keeping him extremely busy :)

At this point I'm starting to think even Robert isn't getting notifications of acceptance for Cleveland. I may be wrong though. The guy I know that works for Ericsson is almost never at home and rarely comes in to the store I work at. I'm assuming Sprint inspections are keeping him extremely busy :)

No acceptances in Cleveland yet. I check almost every day.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Oh well, thanks for the continued checking. My work speed/connection has gotten a little better again. Maybe it's a good sign.

I'm seeing low latency and high speeds everywhere in my city now, and it's only been getting better. I'm seeing better speeds in surrounding cities too.