Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

My phone picked up a second B41 carrier (thru Signal Check Pro) today.

Yah, my Nexus 5 on Freedompop (secondary phone) also picked up B41(2) today..

• Like 1

Yah, my Nexus 5 on Freedompop (secondary phone) also picked up B41(2) today..

Is the 2nd carrier new to your area? Your phone can pick up ever carrier Sprint turns on. Even the 3rd carrier when they start rolling that out sometime the first half of 2016.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Is the 2nd carrier new to your area? Your phone can pick up ever carrier Sprint turns on. Even the 3rd carrier when they start rolling that out sometime the first half of 2016.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

We're actually up to 117 B41 2nd carrier sites that have been found in our market so far; that number is probably very low.  The first one was actually found by a Columbus guy who was in the Akron area at the end of August.

And as I read this post it seems as though speed has drastically gotten worse in downtown Cleveland...even before downtown is crowded. Been about a month since I've been able to surf with fast speeds and pulled this just now. iPhone6plus9fe8a9c87114101b79b60bcaae7354f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see this really improving until Clearwire sites and their backhaul start to get upgraded which I'm sure will happen ASAP after WiMAX goes kaput.  I've found that speeds outside of the Clearwire service area typically test much better.

How about this performance [emoji4]

4269c8b2fd21ca261a0d3e93bb46f9a6.jpg

Got this near Twinsburg/Solon area with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ while driving down Interstate 480. I'm beyond satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Band 41 I take it. Cleveland and,columbus both have 10X10 on Band 25.

• Like 1

Band 41 I take it. Cleveland and,columbus both have 10X10 on Band 25.

So far the 10x10 carrier has only been found in a few western counties in our market where Sprint's PCS spectrum holdings permit. It's different for each county. If Sprint decides to repack their PCS spectrum, several more counties could support a 10x10 carrier, but still not all in our market.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just in time for Christmas raffle -- enter to win a new 64gb samsung galaxy note 5 white!

Buying a ticket will also make you a sponsor, which gives you access to lots of cool info!

Very close to becoming fully funded.  This means you have GREAT odds on this Samsung Flagship CA phone with a processors that rarely throttles and enough storage for even someone like me. Plus it helps keep the lights on!!

• Like 2

In North Ridgeville, Ohio

1602902026.png

Looks like it's CA. That's not surprising to me being that I've found that both B41 carriers are on adjacent channels. Would you happen to know the location of this site? If so, could you post it in the Cleveland B26/41 thread? we're lacking CA confirmations. Thanks!

Looks like it's CA. That's not surprising to me being that I've found that both B41 carriers are on adjacent channels. Would you happen to know the location of this site? If so, could you post it in the Cleveland B26/41 thread? we're lacking CA confirmations. Thanks!

Whatcha doing out my way NiteSnow?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the Landerhaven area (Cedar Road and Lander Road) area (Mayfield Heights).  In this building, I usually get a fair Sprint B41 signal at my desk, by the window and a weak Clearwire B41 signal a little deeper into the building.

Now, I don't seem to be picking up any B41 at all.  Has anybody else noticed that?  Does anybody know of any work going on in the area.  I now get a strong B25 signal by the window and a weak B25 deeper in the building.  Weak B25 sucks, by the way.  Might as well switch it to 3G.  A lot of timeouts.

Also, in other areas of Cleveland, I pick up B41 just fine.

• Like 1

I'm in the Landerhaven area (Cedar Road and Lander Road) area (Mayfield Heights).  In this building, I usually get a fair Sprint B41 signal at my desk, by the window and a weak Clearwire B41 signal a little deeper into the building.

Now, I don't seem to be picking up any B41 at all.  Has anybody else noticed that?  Does anybody know of any work going on in the area.  I now get a strong B25 signal by the window and a weak B25 deeper in the building.  Weak B25 sucks, by the way.  Might as well switch it to 3G.  A lot of timeouts.

Also, in other areas of Cleveland, I pick up B41 just fine.

I'm not sure why anything would change in regards to B41 coverage being reduced. The WiMAX hostage situation is preventing Sprint from doing any upgrades to Clear sites. Some of the WiMAX only Clear sites have been shut down, but they can't touch any live WiMAX sites till the legal issues are resolved. I suppose there's no restriction to shutting off B41, but that doesn't really make sense to me to do that. There are a couple live Clear B41 sites collocated with Sprint, but they aren't anywhere near Landerhaven.

My job has moved me from downtown Cleveland out to Bratenahl.  I essentially get no coverage in my building at all for data and I'm lucky to be able to get a text or make a call.

our parking lot is right on the lake.

Any ideas as far as coverage?  My coworkers with V or T get data and cell reception in the building.  Sigh.

My job has moved me from downtown Cleveland out to Bratenahl. I essentially get no coverage in my building at all for data and I'm lucky to be able to get a text or make a call.

Any ideas as far as coverage? My coworkers with V or T get data and cell reception in the building. Sigh.

I personally like to start off with T and finish on V. But that's just me. ????

My job has moved me from downtown Cleveland out to Bratenahl.  I essentially get no coverage in my building at all for data and I'm lucky to be able to get a text or make a call.

Any ideas as far as coverage?  My coworkers with V or T get data and cell reception in the building.  Sigh.

Do you have wifi available to connect to? May be the only option.

Site spacing is relatively close as is most sites in Cuyahoga County. Unfortunately, PCS (1900 MHz) doesn't do well in large buildings even when the site is extremely close. And we still don't have 800 in the Cleveland area. 1x800 is at many sites east and south of Akron, and I've been impressed by the range and better building penetration. LTE 800 won't be quite as robust, but one will still stand a better chance at deep inside building coverage. The wait for 800 can be frustrating at times, especially when it matters most like in buildings or the middle of nowhere.

TMO has deployed LTE on their sliver of 700 MHz in our market. With WDLI's CH. 51 translator permanently silenced, it made deployment and utilization easier. Verizon has a chunk of 700 as well as ATT.

• 2 weeks later...

And we still don't have 800 in the Cleveland area. 1x800 is at many sites east and south of Akron, and I've been impressed by the range and better building penetration.

I was doing a google news sprint search and came across this article for a suburb of Cleveland. I wonder if this is a sign of progress towards implementation of 800 MHz in the near term.

http://www.cleveland.com/strongsville/index.ssf/2016/01/strongsville_recieves_13_milli.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I was a poster in the Columbus NV forums up to a  year ago. I moved to Cleveland in September, I've upgraded to the 6+. I'm wondering when Wadsworth in Medina Cty (where I work) will get SMR anytime soon? On my previous galaxy I would see B25 and B41 but never B26. Now I have the iphone 6+ I'm hoping maybe somebody can show me how to get to the debugging screen on the iphone where I can see which band of LTE I am using. Right now I have got it to show me the -101 Sprint LTE in top of phone instead of showing bars. Would greatly appreciate it :) Hope I can post as more upgrades happen in the area as my drive between West Side of Cleveland and Wadsworth is a long trek...

Peace!

Hello,

I was a poster in the Columbus NV forums up to a year ago. I moved to Cleveland in September, I've upgraded to the 6+. I'm wondering when Wadsworth in Medina Cty (where I work) will get SMR anytime soon? On my previous galaxy I would see B25 and B41 but never B26. Now I have the iphone 6+ I'm hoping maybe somebody can show me how to get to the debugging screen on the iphone where I can see which band of LTE I am using. Right now I have got it to show me the -101 Sprint LTE in top of phone instead of showing bars. Would greatly appreciate it :) Hope I can post as more upgrades happen in the area as my drive between West Side of Cleveland and Wadsworth is a long trek...

Peace!

Dial *3001#12345#* and call to pull up field test

• Like 1

Hello,

I was a poster in the Columbus NV forums up to a  year ago. I moved to Cleveland in September, I've upgraded to the 6+. I'm wondering when Wadsworth in Medina Cty (where I work) will get SMR anytime soon? On my previous galaxy I would see B25 and B41 but never B26. Now I have the iphone 6+ I'm hoping maybe somebody can show me how to get to the debugging screen on the iphone where I can see which band of LTE I am using. Right now I have got it to show me the -101 Sprint LTE in top of phone instead of showing bars. Would greatly appreciate it :) Hope I can post as more upgrades happen in the area as my drive between West Side of Cleveland and Wadsworth is a long trek...

Peace!

Looks like you've got your answer about the debug screens :tu: As far as 800 is concerned, B26 has only been found at our most southerly sites. 1x800 made a splash back in about October for most sites greater than 100KM (roughly 65 miles) from the Canadian border. Wadsworth is still north of this line, but close enough to the line where some 1x from adjacent sites to the south and east can be received (speaking from personal experience), but that'll be difficult to do unless you've got a 1x800 prioritized PRL. Greater Cleveland and points north of Warren to Akron to Mansfield are still being held hostage courtesy of Canadian 800 rebranding.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

If anyone is going to be at the parade downtown today, let us know how the network holds up with all those people down there.  Some speed test screenshots would be nice.

I hear close to a million people will be down there.

• Like 2

If anyone is going to be at the parade downtown today, let us know how the network holds up with all those people down there. Some speed test screenshots would be nice.

I hear close to a million people will be down there.

Most sites that cover downtown have B41 at this point; the Clear sites aren't carrying 100% of the weight anymore. I had usable B41 at the Cavs game a couple months ago, and the arena was pretty full. Perhaps we'll find out how things go as I believe there will be more people there today than at the RNC.
  • Like 1

I will add that I think Sprint would be wise to fire up a B41 3rd carrier considering the load will be extremely high. There's really no reason as to why it needs further delay with WiMAX gone, but unfortunately, I don't see it happening . I'm kind of expecting another black eye for Sprint .

• 2 months later...