Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Seems to be hit or miss for me at First Energy(upper deck South side). I can be sitting there with a fairly good LTE signal then I have no service at all. It usually takes a reboot to acquire a signal again on my N5.

I have to say it is better than last year. I couldn't even use any data once I entered the stadium.

Seems to be hit or miss for me at First Energy(upper deck South side). I can be sitting there with a fairly good LTE signal then I have no service at all. It usually takes a reboot to acquire a signal again on my N5.

I have to say it is better than last year. I couldn't even use any data once I entered the stadium.

Same thing here. It completely fried my battery because I would have LTE for a second then almost no data at all.

Spark areas on Sprint coverage maps ONLY means B41 has been deployed. It does not include Band 26.

Sprint has released several things where they talk about the fact that their new Spark network includes up to three bands and says it in a very confusing way...as if Spark only exists when all three bands are present. And that's false.

Spark is only Band 41. And Band 26 is also apart of the Spark network, when and where it is deployed. But Band 26 is not required for a Spark launch. Just Band 41.

nice!!

• 4 weeks later...

Could not pull LTE in the parking lot at Spruce School and the speed was NOTHING with 3G.  Right behind Spruce school (south of the school) is 480.  This neighborhood is just a black hole for Sprint and not sure why, considering 480 is just south of us, they don't fix it.  Sigh...

Edited by pongool

• 3 weeks later...

So, it seems like this thread has gone pretty much dead, and over the past year or so, my phone has gotten a pretty decent signal most of the places I go around town, including an LTE signal more often than not. I've been one of the unlucky ones who had never gotten a 4G signal at home, though... Until now! I went out of town last weekend, and noticed last night that my status bar indicated an LTE connection, instead of the usual weak EHRPD signal I've been stuck with at home for years. I did a speed test from my driveway just now, and while this isn't gonna knock anyone's socks off, I'm very happy with finally getting over 2Mbps download speeds without having to rely on my Wi-Fi!

da0144fbea5a7aacdaad13eb030cec12.jpg

f8ce260b9174fa65af9abc7f2efda065.jpg

It's nice to know that even though the Cleveland market's upgrades gave seemed to plateau over the last year, that they're still doing work and turning on new towers. Or at least one!

• Like 2

I would expect a new wave coming soon - according to the FCC's license site, looks like 800 MHz licenses become available for Sprint's use Feb 10 of this year... assuming I'm reading this right, that is... and then I might actually be able to get good 1X and LTE signal in building, fingers crossed.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/reband800/search_result_display.htm?callsign=&public_safety_region=&vacated_date_from=&vacated_date_to=&frequency_assigned_e=&frequency_assigned=&frequency_upper_band=&frequency_search=A&match_type=A&display_rows=10&sorted_by=callsign&sort_order=ASC&rec_count=8226&start=41&end=50&process_id=60553&curPage=5&reqPage=1

• Like 4

The Sprint Spark roll out is well underway now...We're now over 200 sites in our market, and those are ones that have been discovered by users with undoubtedly more out there.  We're an IBEZ market, so 800 MHz deployment has really been crippled, but it seems as though that Spark deployment is much further along here than in most markets.

I would expect a new wave coming soon - according to the FCC's license site, looks like 800 MHz licenses become available for Sprint's use Feb 10 of this year... assuming I'm reading this right, that is... and then I might actually be able to get good 1X and LTE signal in building, fingers crossed.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/reband800/search_result_display.htm?callsign=&public_safety_region=&vacated_date_from=&vacated_date_to=&frequency_assigned_e=&frequency_assigned=&frequency_upper_band=&frequency_search=A&match_type=A&display_rows=10&sorted_by=callsign&sort_order=ASC&rec_count=8226&start=41&end=50&process_id=60553&curPage=5&reqPage=1

Awesome find...my guess is that it is for 1X deployment...something that is really needed.  More spectrum still needs to be cleared on the Canadian side to make LTE available.

I'll take whatever I can get. Just mildly annoyed at being in buildings downtown, getting little to no signal on my personal sprint phone, pull out the work Verizon phone, and a solid LTE link is present. With the NV work so far, happens far less often than it used to - but just had it happen to me yesterday for a few multi-hour meetings deep in tower city buildings.

• Like 2

At any rate, I find it encouraging. I recently made provisions in the spreadsheets to better track 1x800 at individual sites using BIDs to narrow it down. Sprint recently implemented sector offsets, so the BSL in 1x mode on signal check pro is wrong, but the BID (hexidecimal calculation) stays almost the same with all sectors (like GCIs in LTE mode). I have a lot of my CDMA logs to go through that have the real site coordinates and corresponding BID. That's what I will use to populate the spreadsheet and it will make things all the way around easier for everyone. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nothing out of the ordinary ...just the usual spots for me that are always terrible and frequently drop out. Now that my phone almost never roams because of Sprint's network tinkering lately, I have more areas where I can't use the phone. And I typically have over 50% of the time without a signal at work because the Sprint signal is marginally stronger enough to prevent roaming and a usable network experience for me :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

3G is such a rare sight these days. 

Sprint has always been a good experience, but now it's amazing!

That's interesting because I see 3G more than I should around the Cleveland area.  Even when the Sprint coverage map says I should see good Spark and/or good 4G coverage, I get 3G when outside.

I'm not complaining.  I'm sure they're working on it, just saying.

• Like 2

When it comes to 3G fallback in urban areas, your device is the biggest culprit than anything.