Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Great, dropped calls. I'm trying to convince all my buddies that are on Sprint that LTE is right around the corner and to stick it out. I'm on Verizon right now, I just bought a Note 2 off contract (still on unlimited). I'm actually very disappointed with their LTE. It's all over the area but it seems to already be pretty saturated. I get like 3 down, 4 up with 75 ping. Better than EVDO or 1x, but not amazing. I just think there are a ton of Verizon customers around here. When I had my Galaxy S, many times I got better speeds when my phone swapped to the 1x network than on EVDO. My next phone will be on Sprint since LTE will be launched by then.

Edited by Vette

Great, dropped calls. I'm trying to convince all my buddies that are on Sprint that LTE is right around the corner and to stick it out. I'm on Verizon right now, I just bought a Note 2 off contract (still on unlimited). I'm actually very disappointed with their LTE. It's all over the area but it seems to already be pretty saturated. I get like 3 down, 4 up with 75 ping. Better than EVDO or 1x, but not amazing. I just think there are a ton of Verizon customers around here. When I had my Galaxy S, many times I got better speeds when my phone swapped to the 1x network than on EVDO. My next phone will be on Sprint since LTE will be launched by then.

Our Verizon speeds have dropped here in New Mexico. My rural site hums along at 20-25Mbps. However, sites in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Los Alamos and Espanola started high around 20-25. Then after 2-3 months it was around 10-15. And now it is 5-8Mbps, with some sites at peak times dropping 2-3Mbps. It's been amazing to watch them drop.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Just to depress myself, I just did another speed test:

Ping: 1414 ms

Download: 44 kbps

Upload: 23 kbps

Yeah, that's pretty freaking terrible. I'm also seeing a lot of dropped calls (at least, a lot more than I ever have with Sprint before). Maybe that's the Moto/Sammy handoff thing happening? The most common problem I'm having is that my phone won't ring, and I'll get voicemail from people that couldn't get a hold of me.

I REALLY don't want to go back to Verizon--heck, I don't want to switch at all, but this has been a painful month or so.

Also, I've been toggling my 3G radio on and off (Airplane mode to make it easy). When get back onto the 3G, my speed is usually vastly improved for a while (an hour or two). Weird, huh?

Just to depress myself, I just did another speed test:

Ping: 1414 ms

Download: 44 kbps

Upload: 23 kbps

Yeah, that's pretty freaking terrible. I'm also seeing a lot of dropped calls (at least, a lot more than I ever have with Sprint before). Maybe that's the Moto/Sammy handoff thing happening? The most common problem I'm having is that my phone won't ring, and I'll get voicemail from people that couldn't get a hold of me.

I REALLY don't want to go back to Verizon--heck, I don't want to switch at all, but this has been a painful month or so.

Also, I've been toggling my 3G radio on and off (Airplane mode to make it easy). When get back onto the 3G, my speed is usually vastly improved for a while (an hour or two). Weird, huh?

I've been getting the same problem with getting voicemails from people but the phone not ringing (as has my wife; we're in the Lyndhurst area) and I've tried the Sprint Airave but all that did was make calls no responsive after 5 minutes on the phone with someone so that was a no-go and being sent back... Pretty disappointing how this is all panning out for the NE Ohio Area.. Hopefully this Sprint Network Vision stuff works out here or I'll be going back to Verizon when my contract is up in a year and a half.. *sigh*

6 permits were pulled in the Cleveland market. They match up with network vision sites.

whats the URL for finding them I've looked over the city's website and couldn't find jack..thanks for the info

Nm that was Cincinnati that I couldn't find my bad.

Edited by keelerman8042

whats the URL for finding them I've looked over the city's website and couldn't find jack..thanks for the info

Nm that was Cincinnati that I couldn't find my bad.

Can one of you post the URL anyway? I live in Cleveland and am curious. :)

Thanks!

I've been getting the same problem with getting voicemails from people but the phone not ringing (as has my wife; we're in the Lyndhurst area) and I've tried the Sprint Airave but all that did was make calls no responsive after 5 minutes on the phone with someone so that was a no-go and being sent back... Pretty disappointing how this is all panning out for the NE Ohio Area.. Hopefully this Sprint Network Vision stuff works out here or I'll be going back to Verizon when my contract is up in a year and a half.. *sigh*

We got it resolved. According to our IT guy it was a problem with the main data connection to the towers (which is maintained locally by AT&T according to our Sprint reps). More than 50 towers were affected. Maybe this will be some help to you?

I decided after years to make an account long time read love this site!

I live around the Avon Lake (44012) area, and I see it says updates have been completed but I have seen no difference in data speed and still very slow in peck times..

I also have an iPhone 5 i'm not sure if that make a difference or not.

I decided after years to make an account long time read love this site!

I live around the Avon Lake (44012) area, and I see it says updates have been completed but I have seen no difference in data speed and still very slow in peck times..

I also have an iPhone 5 i'm not sure if that make a difference or not.

Data speed upgrades on a legacy site mean additional T1 lines. Depending on the specific issues at your site, it may not be enough to improve data. In some cases, a Network Vision upgrade is going to be the only thing that helps.

Welcome to the limelight, no longer lurking in the shadows of S4GRU! :welc:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Glad to be here :) Here is a picture on what I was talking about it says they have been all upgraded?

All of those upgrades are pre-Network Vision as far as I know. Network Vision upgrades will be much more noticable, not on that map but in real life on the network.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Downtown Cleveland at CSU

We discourage unnecessary speed tests. What is your point in posting this?

AJ

Downtown Cleveland at CSU

2w2k09u.jpg

I stream music and use Waze on 3G in 44114 all the time and have no issues. I get WiMAX from there all the way home and back, but I try not to use it because it drains my battery even while on the charger.

Has anyone spotted any nv work in the cleveland market yet?

From what I can tell fiber has been ran to several towers in my area. I can't confirm whether or not it's for Sprint but with all of the fiber runs being fresh and with the info I've received from a local Ericsson tech it's very likely that it's for Sprint.

Work is supposed to be starting this month. We'll know soon though.

CL10XC553

hZyzuHX.jpg

P29bgmz.jpg

CL03XC009

uw0RoRn.jpg

My speed has stabalized somewhat. My 3G is still slower than it was, but it's a whole lot less erratic. I'm still getting crap coverage at work (a little east of the 480//77 split), but as long as they upgrade soon, I'll survive.

They've really gotta upgrade soon though. :-) I'm going out of my mind having this slow connection after getting used to WiMax. I can't wait to have something even faster.

My speed has stabalized somewhat. My 3G is still slower than it was, but it's a whole lot less erratic. I'm still getting crap coverage at work (a little east of the 480//77 split), but as long as they upgrade soon, I'll survive.

They've really gotta upgrade soon though. :-) I'm going out of my mind having this slow connection after getting used to WiMax. I can't wait to have something even faster.

Sprint is filing permits like crazy in Cleveland proper. I'd have to check again but I think it's around 15-20 permits total.

• Like 1