Sprint Stock Good Idea?

JustinRP37

Me too! I couldn't buy it since I wasn't 18 at the time

It's been a good while since I was under 18. lol. Bought in at $3.27. Hoping the 2nd quarter earnings call brings some positive news.

I bought at $2.33/share, but the stupid trading fee brought my effective purchase price to $3.33. So you can imagine how happy I am to see it up $.30/share from my break even point. B)

I bought at $2.33/share, but the stupid trading fee brought my effective purchase price to $3.33. So you can imagine how happy I am to see it up $.30/share from my break even point. B)

you could always do a sharebuilder.com automatic investment plan (for small investors)if you are concerned about fees. they buy and sell on a fractional share pool.

Although if you are day trading, it would be best to do so in larger amounts to negate the trading fees as much as possible

you could always do a sharebuilder.com automatic investment plan (for small investors)if you are concerned about fees. they buy and sell on a fractional share pool.

Although if you are day trading, it would be best to do so in larger amounts to negate the trading fees as much as possible

As soon as I'm far enough ahead, I'm selling my stocks and getting out of the market. My Clearwire shares have tanked, and aren't sitting too pretty anymore. :(

I might put some funds into CLWR since they're nearing rock bottom once I have it on good authority that their LTE deployment isn't hitting any stumbling blocks

• Like 1

I might put some funds into CLWR since they're nearing rock bottom once I have it on good authority that their LTE deployment isn't hitting any stumbling blocks

That takes some courage. I have mixed feelings concerning Clearwire. On one hand, I don't think Sprint can afford to lose their spectrum, but at the same time, can they come up with the funding to keep it?

That takes some courage. I have mixed feelings concerning Clearwire. On one hand, I don't think Sprint can afford to lose their spectrum, but at the same time, can they come up with the funding to keep it?

It will certainly take a couple more quarters of solid growth and NV deployment to get Sprint back in the black. As for Clearwire, I of course have mixed feelings as well. They have yet to show us the fruit of their TD-LTE deployment, so I will wait and see. Once that starts happening, the added backhaul in saturated (nowhere near that yet on LTE) markets can be alleviated.

What was your commission fee? Is that including the commission to buy & sell the shares? Seems real steep.

What was your commission fee? Is that including the commission to buy & sell the shares? Seems real steep.

It is steep when you buy 10 shares at a time ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 (nakasi) using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Same here, I will probably buy a few hundred shares with in the next week or so and just monitor them on a regular but its only a matter of time before their stock prices goes up by a lot, at least thats my belief anyway.

Things may be looking bad but I don't think that clear is going anywhere any time soon. I have been fortunate if not down right lucky in the last 4 years when it comes to buying and selling stocks and I been eyeing clearwire for a while and I think its time for me to commit.

• Like 2

I pay $9.95 per trade. So yes, it is steep for 10 shares.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Same here, I will probably buy a few hundred shares with in the next week or so and just monitor them on a regular but its only a matter of time before their stock prices goes up by a lot, at least thats my belief anyway.

Things may be looking bad but I don't think that clear is going anywhere any time soon. I have been fortunate if not down right lucky in the last 4 years when it comes to buying and selling stocks and I been eyeing clearwire for a while and I think its time for me to commit.

I'm right there with you! :tu:

• Like 1

With sprints earnings report coming out thursday(7/26) I personally believe that this little streak that their stock has been on is gonna end so I think I will sell off what I have since I bought shares at an average price of 2.46 earlier this year. Hopefully their earnings report is a lot better than what analysts have been predicting.

It looks like the spectrum story making the rounds today is taking a toll on the stock today. It's down $0.20 at the open to $3.46.

With sprints earnings report coming out thursday(7/26) I personally believe that this little streak that their stock has been on is gonna end so I think I will sell off what I have since I bought shares at an average price of 2.46 earlier this year. Hopefully their earnings report is a lot better than what analysts have been predicting.

It'll probably be bad. I'm just hoping for some positives like postpaid growth, continued ARPU growth, progress on NV deployment. Would love to hear news about new roaming agreements or network sharing agreements, but I'm not holding my breath. Ultimately, i'm holding for the long term. Not much money at stake since it's only a few shares and the purchase price was low.

It looks like the spectrum story making the rounds today is taking a toll on the stock today. It's down $0.20 at the open to $3.46.

It'll probably be bad. I'm just hoping for some positives like postpaid growth, continued ARPU growth, progress on NV deployment. Would love to hear news about new roaming agreements or network sharing agreements, but I'm not holding my breath. Ultimately, i'm holding for the long term. Not much money at stake since it's only a few shares and the purchase price was low.

Yeah, I am not the long term type of guy. I bought enough shares to where I did fairly well on making a little money but I would rather just sell now(even though the tax consequence on a short term capital gain is a pain) and repurchase later than to hold and watch my money go away then hope it comes back.

Investors are liking Sprint's results apparently. Here they are by the way:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1607-time-for-another-round-of-wireless-carrier-earnings-announcements/page__gopid__34754&do=findComment&comment=34754

The stock is up $0.60 in pre-market. I wonder if it'll carry over when the market opens up.

• Like 1

Sprints fundamentals absolutely suck! If you were playing by the book then you should stay away. Having said that, some of my best buys on the market have been companies with screwy financials but a good plan and/or product. Sprint has recently rejoined my portfolio.

• Like 1

Damn, sprints stock is on fire today, as of right now its $4.05 per share.

Now it's at $4.09 a share! Here's to hoping it closes at $4.10 or above by closing. B)

Now it's at $4.09 a share! Here's to hoping it closes at $4.10 or above by closing. B)

Is that your magic sale price?

update: Stock is at $4.10 as I type.

Is that your magic sale price?

No, for me to break even it has to go over $4.32 a share. But by that time, I may just keep my Sprint stock and go for double or nothing, lol.