Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

I think the concern is that the GNex keeps and reports a much stronger LTE signal than other devices, so it will throw "true" coverage off for a majority of users.

No, it doesn't keep the signal it reports a wrong signal to the map than what it actually has. When the signal is actually falling off the Gnex is still reporting as full signal.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 2

No, it doesn't keep the signal it reports a wrong signal to the map than what it actually has. When the signal is actually falling off the Gnex is still reporting as full signal.

Not on my phone bro. I have moderate lte signal in my house and when I mapped it it showed as midline purple corresponding to my signal.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

I did a bunch of wimax reporting yesterday and it hasnt shown up :(

Over 2500 new lte points yesterday and some layers updated within 15 min. I checked several hours later and almost all of the layers were updated.

Did your points upload?

Over 2500 new lte points yesterday and some layers updated within 15 min. I checked several hours later and almost all of the layers were updated.

Did your points upload?

Nope, was about 1,500 yesterday and 600 today, none have shown up.

Im mapping around zip code 08901 -wimax, not lte.

Perhaps some statistical filtering could be used to screen bad data? Devices that consistently report perfect signal strength should not have their "measurements" added to the database.

We already do stuff like that on the phone and on the server. Maybe something got through ?

We already do stuff like that on the phone and on the server. Maybe something got through ?

In Boston (02115 zip code), there's been significant "perfect signal" pollution around the Back Bay. A good example is the dark purple spot on the north side of Copley Square. 4G has one bar there. Along Commonwealth Avenue, you can see that some pollution has been overwritten a bit, but you can tell because of the random dark purple spots amongst the weak signal reported by other devices.

Ok, will take a look into this. Gotta find what phone reported that data. Any idea of when it was reported by any chance ?

My money is on GNex. We had a few users polluting up the New Orleans area with strong signal on the map when really it was a fringe signal.

• Like 1

Can you please show me where is 4G WiMax sites in Colorado Springs .. How did you found it?

Robert has already done a ton of work to map the BRS 2600 MHz WiMAX license protection sites. Geez, pony up at least $40 to become an S4GRU sponsor. Give the man some credit for the massive unpaid work that he has done. Then, the information that you gain is practically priceless.

AJ

Robert has already done a ton of work to map the BRS 2600 MHz WiMAX license protection sites. Geez, pony up at least $40 to become an S4GRU sponsor. Give the man some credit for the massive unpaid work that he has done. Then, the information that you gain is practically priceless.

AJ

Actually your statement is not accurate. There are two sites in the Colorado Springs area.!!

He said that and I want to know where are they !! I have Galaxy SII and I live in Colorado springs !! This is Not an Attack or argument .. Just a question ok .....

Actually your statement is not accurate. There are two sites in the Colorado Springs area.!!

He said that and I want to know where are they !! I have Galaxy SII and I live in Colorado springs !! This is Not an Attack or argument .. Just a question ok .....

How is my statement not accurate?

Yes, we know that there are two license protection sites in the Colorado Springs area. Robert has mapped both of them. The locations are known to S4RU sponsors.

The question then is: why are you not an S4GRU sponsor?

AJ

How is my statement not accurate?

Yes, we know that there are two license protection sites in the Colorado Springs area. Robert has mapped both of them. The locations are known to S4RU sponsors.

The question then is: why are you not an S4GRU sponsor?

AJ

lol ok .. my answer is I don't have time to become a sponsor. I'm in the Army and all my time is training ;)

BTW there is no Wimax in colorado springs ;)

Edited by coloradosprings

lol ok .. my answer is I don't have time to become a sponsor. I'm in the Army and all my time is training ;)

BTW there is no Wimax in colorado springs ;)

And BTW you are not in the Army.

Not sure why they aren't uploading, mine were uploading just fine when I viewed the details screen.

Ive never had problems before. 95% of the wimax in that vicinity was mapped by me....

Still hasn't shown up.

Not accurate ..showing 4G WiMax in Colorado Springs. 3G only here

It is accurate. Those are known as protection sights, and they offer wimax but not " good" wimax. That is, dont expect to get the signal inside a building, and what has been mapped by sensorly may not be the full coverage that exists today. In Fresno, the protection site apparently had its power turned down or something, because you can only get the wimax in about 1/4 of the range indicated by previous users.

Im not sure why Wavelength is being so hostile, but to become a sponsor and see those maps is available for any size donation - not $40. I started out with a small donation (money was tight) and my second one was bigger. My next donation will be larger again. There is quite a good amount of info in the locked forums.

Now kids, play nice, don't make me turn this short bus around. @coloradosprings check here http://www.clear.com/coverage, it can be seen "Clear" as day

Can you please stop arguing and call sprintor go to there website to check if SPRINT has 4G ( wimax or LTE) in Colorado springs.