Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

That's why a number of us have stopped using Sensorly altogether. A lot of the information is outdated.

Sensorly was great to use back in 2012-2013 when LTE was still a novelty being rolled out for us to discover, but now I just expect LTE to be everywhere.

Sensorly was great to use back in 2012-2013 when LTE was still a novelty being rolled out for us to discover, but now I just expect LTE to be everywhere.

I still go out and map as new LTE sites go live around here. Though the final site went live with LTE last month, so now I'm not sure what to do... ha

• Like 3

I still go out and map as new LTE sites go live around here. Though the final site went live with LTE last month, so now I'm not sure what to do... ha

I hope that Sprint is still adding LTE sites because I know too many areas that still have 3G only while everybody else is running LTE. Sprint has really dropped the ball on some of the high traffic freeways, especially the I-15 between LA and LV.

I hope that Sprint is still adding LTE sites because I know too many areas that still have 3G only while everybody else is running LTE. Sprint has really dropped the ball on some of the high traffic freeways, especially the I-15 between LA and LV.

Nobody cares.  I-15 is closed.

AJ

Nobody cares.  I-15 is closed.

AJ

Well, that happens every year, but have you every been able to enjoy your streaming on 3G while stuck in traffic. But with all honesty, I don't understand why Sprint has not managed to get LTE running. 1x800 been running for some time.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
26a2372a406b044cf08047c537095a29.png

LTE coverage almost the entire way through. I would suspect in the next 2-3 months it'll be complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a year later. It’s complete! [emoji4] I know Sprint is going to be expanding a lot out West this year. I hope the Sensorly mapping picks back up!

3F86CD10-973A-40B5-8635-B5BDF24283D5.thumb.png.e5be6166f6ed782b0cce6486345d1b4f.png

• Like 2

This is a year later. It’s complete! [emoji4] I know Sprint is going to be expanding a lot our West this year. I hope the Sensorly mapping picks back up!
3F86CD10-973A-40B5-8635-B5BDF24283D5.thumb.png.e5be6166f6ed782b0cce6486345d1b4f.png

How do you know Sprint will be expanding out west ? Do you have a source within the company ?

How do you know Sprint will be expanding out west ? Do you have a source within the company ?

If you donate to the forum you unlock the Sponsors forums. There are a ton of great maps! [emoji4]

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brynn0823 said:

I could have sworn I donated before. How can I check that ?

Was your donation over 6 months ago? Donations give members S4GRU Sponsor status for 6 months from the time of their last donation. After that, your account will revert back to member status.

http://s4gru.com/forums/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

As WuTang03 implied, yes, S4GRU staff has had (and still does) different sources within the company over the years. There is a wealth of awesome information available in the Sponsor, Premier Sponsor, and Honored Premier Sponsor forums. :tu:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Bob Newhart said:

Has anyone found that the iOS iPhone app actually successfully logs and reports coverage for Sprint?

I found that only the Android app works for reporting coverage, at least over the last month.

The iOS app does successfully log coverage—it just seems update the map quite slowly.

I have been having an issue with Sensorly mapping on Android Oreo which is new to my V20.  Trips map fine (when it does not crash), but results do not appear on map for new area of Sprint coverage.  Next time I will try on an older phone.

• 2 months later...
I have been having an issue with Sensorly mapping on Android Oreo which is new to my V20.  Trips map fine (when it does not crash), but results do not appear on map for new area of Sprint coverage.  Next time I will try on an older phone.

I believe I'm seeing the same issue on my s8 plus. The map hasn't updated and I've mapped the area twice now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

On 10/20/2018 at 11:50 PM, caradineme2 said:

I believe I'm seeing the same issue on my s8 plus. The map hasn't updated and I've mapped the area twice now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have tried to gst a response out of Sensorly on this but no luck so far.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

I have tried to gst a response out of Sensorly on this but no luck so far.

They’ve never responded when I’ve sent them emails either. Oh well.

I’ve since switched to using the Rootmetrics App for mapping and haven’t looked back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, jamesinclair said:

I did a lot of mapping in Fresno last week and nothing has shown up. Is the app dead?

I've done a lot of mapping here in Seattle that hasn't shown up, so I stopped using Sensorly for mapping. 

• Like 1

Sensorly  🤬 :realitycheck: IMO abandon ship.  Root metrics does it by hexagons.  Cellmapper is good when you don't have local market maps.  It has been having issues lately like Sensorly, but supposedly upgrading servers.

• Like 1

I've used Rootmetrics to do quite a few Hexes in the Downtown DC area and up into the Northwest stretches out to Bethesda and Rockville. It works well and updates quickly. When I'm out walking around, it actually encourages me to go some extra steps to get to the slow or blank hexes.

If you don't mind slamming your device or the network pretty hard and you're plugged into your car or a power brick, you can set the Speed Test to continuous mode.

Sensorly feels completely abandoned to me.

Edited by RedSpark
Grammar
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I've done a lot of mapping here in Seattle that hasn't shown up, so I stopped using Sensorly for mapping. 

Just read through the google app store reviews and it looks like the app died 4 months ago.

Wish I hadnt wasted my time.

• Like 1