Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

If you're seeing this while you are actively mapping and uploading to Sensorly, it is because your device will not look for LTE until the data connection goes idle. If you're streaming music, uploading to Sensorly, etc. it will probably never flip back. Either pause your data session for a moment, or use something like LTE Discovery or SignalCheck to restart your mobile connection -- that will also do the trick if LTE is present.

-Mike

For some reason it takes Sprint phone longer then other carriers to show LTE, just something Ive noticed, but that may be my area. 

If you're seeing this while you are actively mapping and uploading to Sensorly, it is because your device will not look for LTE until the data connection goes idle. If you're streaming music, uploading to Sensorly, etc. it will probably never flip back. Either pause your data session for a moment, or use something like LTE Discovery or SignalCheck to restart your mobile connection -- that will also do the trick if LTE is present.

-Mike

Mike,

Your advice is good.  I was aware of how a continuous data stream would cause the phone to stick with what ever it was using.

As far as I could tell, nothing was using the 3G, but the phone just sits there happy on the 3G while there is LTE everywhere.

This morning, my phone was on 3G data laying on my desk while my wifes phone was on LTE band 25 with a -100 level.

Sometime overnight, it dropped to 3G for some reason.  It never went over to 4g until I had to leave the house & toggled Airplane mode.   Then it showed band 25 at a -99 and it has worked fine for 4 hours with multiple transfers between band 25 & 26.

I have disabled much of the bloat on this Galaxy S5.   Maybe there is some bloat-ware still running somewhere.

I still do not know if this is a Samsung Phone issue or a network issue. All I can prove is that any drop to a 3G data connection is likely to stay that way and not shift back to 4G.   Dropping off LTE to take a 1X voice call does not cause this issue,  Hanging up the call causes LTE to appear.

• 2 weeks later...

For the past several weeks, my Spring LTE mapping hasn't appeared on the Sensorly maps. Even after they went through about 3-4 updates of their app, the maps weren't registering my points.  Is anyone else having this issue? Sensory support is not replying to my emails.

For the past several weeks, my Spring LTE mapping hasn't appeared on the Sensorly maps. Even after they went through about 3-4 updates of their app, the maps weren't registering my points.  Is anyone else having this issue? Sensory support is not replying to my emails.

Where have you mapped I see your from South Hills? Did you do any speed tests? Have you looked to see if your speed test show up in other carrier maps? The I only ask because there have been some places that are mapped as sprint lte but there are no sprint towers in the area.

I have mapped from South Hills Village to the South including most of Washington and Washington County.  I have run several speed tests, the most recent on 10/10/14. I am not able to pinpoint if this last one showed up since it is in an area where other tests were run. I will try running a speed test again, but in a more isolated area. Thanks for the idea.

Not only are the mapped areas showing up on the Sensorly server, neither are the speed tests.  Both the trips mapped and the speed tests show in the history on the Sensorly app on the phone, but not on the server - makes no sense!

Not only are the mapped areas showing up on the Sensorly server, neither are the speed tests. Both the trips mapped and the speed tests show in the history on the Sensorly app on the phone, but not on the server - makes no sense!

Do you have screenshots of yor mapped trip vs what sensorly has. Because that area looks pretty well covered for sprint and Verizon but not the rest. Screenshot_2014-11-06-10-02-16.png

Do you have screenshots of yor mapped trip vs what sensorly has. Because that area looks pretty well covered for sprint and Verizon but not the rest. attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-11-06-10-02-16.png

I finally got a response to my emails to Sensorly support. They asked for my anonymous identifier on my phone. The said it was an "nn-standard Sprint identifier" and they "added my identifier to the list". Not sure what it means, but hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks again for your help.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else having troubles with Sensorly the past couple days?

None of the purple will load, just sits at a blank screen everytime. Both on the app and the web version.

I'm curious how Sensorly detects which provider you have, is by the PLMN ID? If so they need to add 312530 for Sprint as well. I have not been able to map LTE for weeks now.

Edit: Just to update, I took a screenshot of Sensorly under the "Details" page and this is what it shows.

I'm curious how Sensorly detects which provider you have, is by the PLMN ID? If so they need to add 312530 for Sprint as well. I have not been able to map LTE for weeks now.

Edit: Just to update, I took a screenshot of Sensorly under the "Details" page and this is what it shows.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-01-22-09-05-30.png

Mine has looked like that for about a month. Still hasn't been fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I meant to give a update a couple of weeks ago, I am able to lay down purple once again.  I have been mapping two new LTE sites in my area, seems to be working fine. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have a current apk of the old Sensorly? I seen a link in earlier pages in this discussion, but it didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening,

I like to report that Spark has appeared in my area for the past 3 weeks or so and before then I didn't have it.  I've checked Sprint's map coverage but it shows no Spark at all just 4G LTE in a fair area.  I haven't seen or read any work being done here so not sure what the status is.

Can anyone check to see what's the current status is in regard to Spark deployment officially.  Location: Johnson County, TX 76009

Here is a pic of the speed test and sensorly report via imgur :wavey:

http://imgur.com/fkJ44YV,TRvXa69#1

• Like 1

Good Evening,

I like to report that Spark has appeared in my area for the past 3 weeks or so and before then I didn't have it.  I've checked Sprint's map coverage but it shows no Spark at all just 4G LTE in a fair area.  I haven't seen or read any work being done here so not sure what the status is.

Can anyone check to see what's the current status is in regard to Spark deployment officially.  Location: Johnson County, TX 76009

Here is a pic of the speed test and sensorly report via imgur :wavey:

http://imgur.com/fkJ44YV,TRvXa69#1

Try here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4346-b26b41-schedule-maps/page-83 or here here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5816-tdd-lte-2600-band-41-8t8r-sites-accepted-discussion-thread/ (check there posting requirements first - your missing at least a SCP screen shot or LTE engineering screens). We are not an official group, but you might get more information.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I noticed a lot of rural 2g sprint coverage on the sensorly map but when I drive through those areas I am not getting a signal in a lot of those places. Does Sprint's roaming partners signal show up on the sensorly maps for Sprint? 

I noticed a lot of rural 2g sprint coverage on the sensorly map but when I drive through those areas I am not getting a signal in a lot of those places. Does Sprint's roaming partners signal show up on the sensorly maps for Sprint? 

Yes.

Sensorly does not differentiate between native signal and roaming.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had an absent minded professor moment and turned my HTC One m9 off before closing the maptrip.  My report to server setting was Wake to report to server and Only when charging which I was in the car much of the time.

I thought somebody said Sensorly sends data to the server while active rather than waiting for the trip to end.  IF true, then some of my trip data may have been sent to the server.

Can anybody enlighten me ??

I had an absent minded professor moment and turned my HTC One m9 off before closing the maptrip.  My report to server setting was Wake to report to server and Only when charging which I was in the car much of the time.

I thought somebody said Sensorly sends data to the server while active rather than waiting for the trip to end.  IF true, then some of my trip data may have been sent to the server.

Can anybody enlighten me ??

I too have made the mistake of either turning off the phone or letting the battery die. I've never seen any portion of such points plotted. Of course, I don't know what it really does / is supposed to do. 

It takes your information and adds that to what others report to indicate how strong the signal is in various places.  Try this.  

Pull up the website http://www.sensorly.com/map#|coverage.

Input your address or the address of some place you know.

Select the cell phone carrier and band.

IF someone like you or me has participated in this, There will be an indication of the signal strength averaged out over the number of users in a given period of time.  To see this in action, look the map over and take your participating cell phone or tablet over an area that does not have the shading.  I took it over the neighborhood here and now have a signal quality map of the area that was not represented before. That is how I know it works.  My neighborhood now has the indication how well Sprint is doing with LTE and G3.

I took several areas not covered and did this.  Now the evidence of that I have been there is there.  The fun is what I call "painting" areas not yet visited by someone like you and me.

IF you have selected the choices that work for you under settings / Report to server, You may see the effect of what you do in minutes or a few hours depending on how busy the servers are. Seeing it happen and quickly keeps me going to areas that I normally do, but by different routes to "paint" areas not yet covered.  To me, it is fun.  I can even use my former cell phones that no longer are in service. With four phones in the car, I cover 2-3 G and 4G LTE service in the same trips.  It gives me reason to keep my old phones charged and ready if I find a good use for them.

Have fun.

• 1 month later...