Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

Sensorly refuses to update a map area that previously had weak coverage, but now has great coverage due to a new tower. It's as if it forever uses the data it initially detected in that sector, and can't be overwritten even when a new tower comes online. Is that by design? It stinks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It takes an average of all reported coverage. So if someone mapped weak coverage in a spot 20 times it'll take 20 more times mapped with great coverage for it to look decent.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

It takes an average of all reported coverage. So if someone mapped weak coverage in a spot 20 times it'll take 20 more times mapped with great coverage for it to look decent.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, I did not know that. All the more reason to continue mapping an area that I've already mapped many times. 

Oh, I did not know that. All the more reason to continue mapping an area that I've already mapped many times.

But maybe stop remapping weak areas. Once is plenty so when it does get strong it's easy to re color.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The regulars in this thread may already know, but I wish sensorly let you know about the five test minimum when you are running the speed tests. Often it is hard to go back to a out of town location

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

For some reason, Map Trip doesn't work for me anymore. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm using a Nexus 5 and no data is ever being collected.

For some reason, Map Trip doesn't work for me anymore. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm using a Nexus 5 and no data is ever being collected.

app has been bit flaky lately. Clear cache,data, or remove and reinstall

app has been bit flaky lately. Clear cache,data, or remove and reinstall

Tried both and unfortunately it's still not working. I just got some 4G coverage near my home and I really wanted to map it. :(

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Is anyone seeing sensorly using 20 mb a day of background data without turning on sensorly and passive scans turned off?

for that reason I kill sensory when not in use or reboot

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply I am just going to uninstall until more local towers come online. Last time I used it was easter mapping as we were going family to family. The phone died at the end of the day. And I reboot a good number of times maybe once every other day.

Tried both and unfortunately it's still not working. I just got some 4G coverage near my home and I really wanted to map it. :(

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Sometimes it has trouble getting a GPS lock. If you open another program, likes maps to get the GPS lock first, then open Sensorly, it starts working. I had that problem on and off a while ago.

• 1 month later...

Boston is not even officially a spark area yet *7/6/2014* I'm I'm NYC where your network is working at its maximum 24 hours a day. My nexus 5 just got sprint spark access with the 4.4.3 update & I get an average of 50 to 65 MBS down with peaks reaching 73 MBS, uploads are 15 to 25 MBS , then there's the 800 MHz lte that I can get in basements with 15 to 18 MBS downloads with peaks at 25 mbs & 8 to 14 MBS upload. The advantage of having 3 band is that everyone's not always on the same band congesting data & even though Verizon just opened up their new aws spectrum it's going to be used more than their 700 MHz lte because it's priority is much higher, so it'll get congested pretty fast unless they had two GHz band's to share the weight like sprints 1.9 & 2.5 GHz. & yes time does matter because I remember Verizon's 700 MHz lte getting downloads of 50 MBS then a year later it couldn't even download 5 MBS, so while there's only at least 4 Verizon phones with aws acces you'll need real life usage of at least half of its users having access to aws. Sprint has bandwidth beyond Verizon so much that Verizon went crying to the FCC of how unfair it would be to sell them more spectrum, spoiled B****'s. Anyway my point is that NYC is basically 65% complete & were still not fully covered but I can say that I get 45 MBS everywhere I go *outside* before switching to 800 MHz. So consider Boston 15 % complete, remember they're replacing all their old towers & putting up new spark/multimode/vision towers before turning on a spark tower. It's a total replacement not an upgrade, but these upgrades are well worth it for their abilities to use any frequency at an instance & other unique abilities. 8x8 mimo first in or nation. There's slot to mention & allot that makes them the first in the Nation to use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some screenshots I started to crop them but my laptop is heavy so I don't take it on trips anymore. I have some from the other 3 but comparisons maps are hard to sell to people. Mainly because people say the maps lie or there are more people mapping on sprint.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gj3090fbpknozna/AAAxDsifir0o8k8MHbRsw_Txa

Here are some screenshots I started to crop them but my laptop is heavy so I don't take it on trips anymore. I have some from the other 3 but comparisons maps are hard to sell to people. Mainly because people say the maps lie or there are more people mapping on sprint.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gj3090fbpknozna/AAAxDsifir0o8k8MHbRsw_Txa

That is true about the mapping on Sprint as people are looking for where that LTE signal is. I have mapped tons of high traffic areas on AT&T that were lit up a good 2+ years ahead of Sprint. And this was in a heavy AT&T customer market.

It's just the nature of the beast. I am sure there are many areas where Sprint isn't mapped as well.

• Like 1

If Sprint could now provide a great user experience like fast speeds on B25, it would help so much. T-Mobile is a lot of talk but their network works within the cities very well and their speeds are nice too. Wish Sprint could get Spark deployed faster or tweak their B25. 

• Like 1

If Sprint could now provide a great user experience like fast speeds on B25, it would help so much. T-Mobile is a lot of talk but their network works within the cities very well and their speeds are nice too. Wish Sprint could get Spark deployed faster or tweak their B25.

There is nothing that can be "tweaked" on B25, unless another carrier is added, which is happening in some markets where Sprint has the spectrum to do so - at least not until some PCS CDMA spectrum can be re-farmed for LTE.

In areas with dual-band LTE (B25/B26), B25 performs admirably, even in densely populated areas. Areas with tri-band LTE (B25,26,41) B25 does even better. There are still a lot if uni-band LTE devices out there that are stuck on B25, but that will get better and better with time as users and especially heavy users move to tri-band devices.

The future is B41, as you obviously already know. Even without B41, B25/26 is performing really well in most places, overall.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...