Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

Been talking to Sprint about my slow data and noticed today that I'm connecting to eHRPD in Shepherdsville now. That wasn't the case in December. The technician I was talking to said that there is major work going on at the tower closest to me.

Edited by troythegeek

This afternoon I'm back to connecting to evdo. I have not noticed any speed increases.

Welcome to the site. eHRPD has been active since late November for the entire market. I live in Shepherdsville and noticed my phone had changed back to evdo rev A since I left UofL. A restart set it back to eHRPD. It does this a lot in deployment markets. There won't be any speed increases between evdo and eHRPD. Its the same signal, data is just routed differently. Usually eHRPD has lower ping times. Generally most low level sprint support personnel dont have much if any info about network vision upgrades. This site is much more reliable. You may want to also consider becoming a sponsor. In return for becoming a sponsor, you get access to maps of sprint sites in all markets, invaluable if your trying to find out where sites are. You also have access to a map with all the NV confirmed sited to date, showing which technologies have been accepted. Premier sponsors get even more goodies.

There is a great wealth of information here, welcome to the site.

Been talking to Sprint about my slow data and noticed today that I'm connecting to eHRPD in Shepherdsville now. That wasn't the case in December. The technician I was talking to said that there is major work going on at the tower closest to me.

What are your data speeds? Have they been good then suddenly dropped? Legecy 3g speeds are brutal around here during the day. I average around .2 mbps up/down if I'm lucky. At night I can get over 2mbps. One thing I learned from this site is that most legecy sties are backhauled by bonded t-1 lines. NV will bring fiber or microwave from a site with fiber. WIll be night and day difference. They are rebuilding their entire network.

Tower in Shepherdsville shows a data speed upgrade per network.sprint.com.

My data speeds are usually around 300-400kbps. Never higher.

Thats about what I get, even though I hit a different tower. I live between Shep and MW. Its still better than what I get in Louisville though.

Huge speed increase today. 902kbps down is more than double the normal for me.

Thats great! I hope those speeds last awhile. Sitting here at UofL between classes and noticed the tower here on campus is showing a speed upgrade as well. Noticed the other day that there was work going on around it, they were putting in some kind of line through conduit in a trench they had dug out, but I dont think it was for the tower, just passing through the yard. It was on the other side from where curent cabinets are, as well as it was being done by UofL physical plant workers, not outside contractors. Our IT department is in the building against the tower.

My new results:

WAbelvu.png

Old results:

4sY36v6.pngI'm on university WiFi when inside here anyways, so it doesn't matter much to me.

2344472575.png

I have some things I have noticed in the Louisville, KY area, mainly east of I-65.

Lots of Wes Tower trucks

All towers in Louisville now show as EHRPD

Likend (maybe misspelled that) accounts for people in the Louisville area listed as Wes Tower site acquisition manager for Sprint.

Does this mean that we are possibly a year out from seeing an actual 4G signal pop up?

If nothing else its something to speculate on.

Thanks in advance.

I have some things I have noticed in the Louisville, KY area, mainly east of I-65.

Lots of Wes Tower trucks

All towers in Louisville now show as EHRPD

Likend (maybe misspelled that) accounts for people in the Louisville area listed as Wes Tower site acquisition manager for Sprint.

Does this mean that we are possibly a year out from seeing an actual 4G signal pop up?

If nothing else its something to speculate on.

Thanks in advance.

I too have seen a bunch of Wes Tower trucks, both normal F-150's and some bigger work type trucks. Saw a Beta Com truck for the first time in Brooks as I was getting off 65 today. I saw a Wes Tower truck last week at the McD's on Blankenbaker while on lunch. I'm pretty confident that we will see lte sooner than the end on this year. There are a few in progress sites listed on the sponsors NV sites complete map. At the moment these appear to be backhaul work, but these will likely be some of the first sites in Louisville. You can donate to become a sponsor to gain access to the maps to see where these sites are, as well as sponsor only forums where we discuss this further. Based on the speed of deployment in most of the active markets, I don't think it will take too long to get decent lte coverage in Louisville once they start. Happy LTE hunting.

I too have seen a bunch of Wes Tower trucks, both normal F-150's and some bigger work type trucks. Saw a Beta Com truck for the first time in Brooks as I was getting off 65 today. I saw a Wes Tower truck last week at the McD's on Blankenbaker while on lunch. I'm pretty confident that we will see lte sooner than the end on this year. There are a few in progress sites listed on the sponsors NV sites complete map. At the moment these appear to be backhaul work, but these will likely be some of the first sites in Louisville. You can donate to become a sponsor to gain access to the maps to see where these sites are, as well as sponsor only forums where we discuss this further. Based on the speed of deployment in most of the active markets, I don't think it will take too long to get decent lte coverage in Louisville once they start. Happy LTE hunting.

I can not say no to a fellow Cardinal fan. Is PayPal an option for donating? Would be nice since I always hunt through the world wide intraweb for 4G updates in our area.

Thanks for the reply.

is this a nv tower? has 2 rru this is in nicholasville ky

Doesn't look like it to me. NV panels will be thicker, and until the new Ericsson RRU model starts being deployed, there will need to be 3 per sector, one for PCS 1x/evdo carriers, one for PCS LTE, and one for SMR 1x.

Digiblurs thread has some good upclose pictures,

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2902-how-to-spot-sprint-panels-and-rrus-ericsson-style/

Some more good pictures here.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2090-pictures-of-panels-and-rrus-up-close/

I can not say no to a fellow Cardinal fan. Is PayPal an option for donating? Would be nice since I always hunt through the world wide intraweb for 4G updates in our area.

Thanks for the reply.

Here is some info on how to become a sponsor. Robert, the guy running this site, provides weekly updates to sponsors on newly accepted sites around the country. Great information. One thing to remember though, sponsor info has to stay in the sponsor forums.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Glad to have another Cardinal's fan here. I am a senior there about to finish up with a CIS degree.

• Like 1

Wes Tower is doing work for Sprint Network Vision in several markets. But they also have done work for other carriers too. Keep your eyes peeled and keep us posted. Thanks! :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Here in Louisville, Ky we have 4 sites listed as in progress, what informaion is used to make this determination? These sites have been listed as in progress for several weeks now, does anyone have any idea?

It sure would be nice to get in the game. The goodness is near, hopefully...... :rolleyes:

Sent from my Note 2 sing Tapatalk 2

Here in Louisville, Ky we have 4 sites listed as in progress, what informaion is used to make this determination? These sites have been listed as in progress for several weeks now, does anyone have any idea?

It sure would be nice to get in the game. The goodness is near, hopefully...... :rolleyes:

Sent from my Note 2 sing Tapatalk 2

There are all different means in which a site gets listed as In Progress. Most are either member reports of seeing confirmed activity or we get site dispatch reports from a source.

We do not get Site Dispatch reports for every site. Probably only about 20%. But a site dispatch report is an internal document that say the site is complete or nearly complete with predecessor activities (like permitting and backhaul) and the OEM/contractor can start work when they have materials and crews available.

A site can sit In Progress for a day, or many months. The specifics at each site vary greatly and there are no hard fast rules for how long a site can be In Progress.

I'm guessing they will handle the Western Kentucky market like the Missouri market. Start down in Glasgow and Bowling Green for the first month or two, then head up to the big city.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

was traveling on I65 between Nashville & Bowling Green. LTE lights up right after you go past the Portland area close to Whitehouse exit. From there you will have it till you get to Nashville. And was able to pick up LTE around Rivergate Mall.