Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

...bought one and then two more iPhones in March of this year. Through May, none of these phones had any trouble at all locking onto a usable LTE signal (at home). But for the past week, these phones (from home) flip over to 3G.

Any reason for this behavior? Zip 62901

Anyone else having issues staying connected to LTE from the Industrial Drive and Briggs Hill towers? Pretty much for the past week or so, it won't stay connected and 3G is back to being basically useless.

Bowling Green, is the location.

Edited by Lordcheezus

Anyone else having issues staying connected to LTE from the Industrial Drive and Briggs Hill towers? Pretty much for the past week or so, it won't stay connected and 3G is back to being basically useless.

Bowling Green, is the location.

Doesn't directly answer your question, but I've been having the same issues in the Lexington Market.

I forgot to post about it the other day but I picked up b26 from that site going down i65 south the other day for a brief moment. I am pretty sure that they are bringing it up 65 from Nashville going north. I been working down in Tennessee for the past week and when a site was coming live that I've experienced the 3g was unusable for a few days while I was there. I had full bars of signal and couldn't even complete a phone call. So I think that's the reason why you might be having trouble right now.

I forgot to post about it the other day but I picked up b26 from that site going down i65 south the other day for a brief moment. I am pretty sure that they are bringing it up 65 from Nashville going north. I been working down in Tennessee for the past week and when a site was coming live that I've experienced the 3g was unusable for a few days while I was there. I had full bars of signal and couldn't even complete a phone call. So I think that's the reason why you might be having trouble right now.

B26 is live in lots of places now. Picking it up in Louisville and all over the state.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also, if your having the drop to 3g problem with a spark phone its probably due to lack of csfb currently for most if not all b26 in KY. That will make it drop back to 3g especially if you have B26 set as a higher priority than B25. Hopefully Ericsson is quick to get eCSFB up and running.

Another possible csfb related problem is that a lot of sites just recently switched to broadcasting 1x/evdo on the new NV hardware. I believe this requires csfb to be setup again for the new equipment. Hopefully both of these problems will clear up in a week or so.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Also, if your having the drop to 3g problem with a spark phone its probably due to lack of csfb currently for most if not all b26 in KY. That will make it drop back to 3g especially if you have B26 set as a higher priority than B25. Hopefully Ericsson is quick to get eCSFB up and running.

Another possible csfb related problem is that a lot of sites just recently switched to broadcasting 1x/evdo on the new NV hardware. I believe this requires csfb to be setup again for the new equipment. Hopefully both of these problems will clear up in a week or so.

Pretty much everything your saying is what I'm experiencing. Using a GS5 and I also downloaded an app called LTE Discovery and it was showing band 26 for a brief second and switch back to 3G.

Once band 26 is fully up and running should experience spark speeds in town?

Pretty much everything your saying is what I'm experiencing. Using a GS5 and I also downloaded an app called LTE Discovery and it was showing band 26 for a brief second and switch back to 3G.

Once band 26 is fully up and running should experience spark speeds in town?

B26 has the same max throughput as B25, both are 5x5 carriers. The spark speeds will come when NSN installs the new B41 equipment. That should be starting in the coming months if not sooner.

What radio are you using on your nexus 5. And what all do you lose by going to the 13 radio? Im on the 23 radio but havent picked up any b26 since ive gotten it.

...bought one and then two more iPhones in March of this year. Through May, none of these phones had any trouble at all locking onto a usable LTE signal (at home). But for the past week, these phones (from home) flip over to 3G.

Any reason for this behavior? Zip 62901

...follow-up to this post: LTE worse and worse lately--attached is from last night.

post-4676-0-89011800-1402760649_thumb.jpg

...follow-up to this post: LTE worse and worse lately--attached is from last night.

Seems fine here in Louisville. Below is a B25 speedtest in South Louisville.

Might be doing something to your site. I've had a couple around here that act like that for a day or two. ytenepyv.jpg

What radio are you using on your nexus 5. And what all do you lose by going to the 13 radio? Im on the 23 radio but havent picked up any b26 since ive gotten it.

What about your G2? Mine has no problem connecting to and staying on B26. You should definitely have it where you are.

Seems fine here in Louisville. Below is a B25 speedtest in South Louisville.

Might be doing something to your site. I've had a couple around here that act like that for a day or two. ytenepyv.jpg

=====

Thanks for your response...not too many posters here respond to 62901 concerns...

I thought I was smart by ensuring that the long-promised LTE was going to work in our area by testing it before jumping all the way in.

Darn if after a couple or three months of decent LTE...and I upgrade my family's stable of webOS phones to Apple's devices...the LTE here has crapped out!

Carbondale might be part of the B26 expansion out of the Missouri market. I suspect the donut mode you are encountering has something to do with that.

Apparently they have eCSFB deployed in Louisville. I was getting B26 in the St Mathews area on my LG G2 yesterday.

They've been slowly catching it up. I notice a few more sites with it every day. I set my G2 to data centric mode (back when I could access that menu) so it usually ignores csfb issues and connects anyway.

There is a tower broadcasting CDMA 800 in Radcliff Ky. I confirmed i connected driving home from work by looking at my SignalCheck logs.

Edited by AppleFanBoy

CDMA 1x800 is now public throughout most of the state.

Yeah well I don't get out much. Only one tower that my phone has detected it on between Louisville and Hardin county area. But i believe I've read somewhere on this forum that most phones still favor 1900 cdma over 800 cdma.

Everywhere I have been in the past few weeks my phone has been locked to 1x800. I'm more surprised now to look and see 1xRtt in the status bar than 800, which is nice. The only exception was Morehead, I had very poor service in that town

I suspect there's a site in Carbondale with issues and it might be the one downtown.

Usable LTE has returned on what I would call Carbondale's West Side.

Just yesterday I stopped within 100 yards of what I believe is our tower...and the Sensorly data were 0 up and 0 down...gosh I was disappointed.

But today, same spot, 20 down and 8 up...and home-based Sensorly data are 15 down and 5 up. We just made a significant investment in new phones so I am satisfied again.

I hope my satisfaction is of the long-lasting variety...so for now...good job Sprint!

post-4676-0-60851100-1403543722_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark