Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

You said 800 is starting to spin up there in louisville are you talking about 800lte or voice 800?

Voice is all I can confirm. I do not have a Tri-band device yet. I do have an LG G2 preordered though. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm starting to pick up lte speeds around the Morgantown Road Walmart, in Bowling Green. When I opened Signal Check Pro the speeds were coming from both the WKU tower and the industrial drive tower.

Edit: It's also coming from the Briggs Hill site as well.

Edited by Lordcheezus
  • Like 1

I had picked up LTE in Louisille/Shepherdsville for about 3 or 4 weeks with great signal strength.  Then suddenly it like they flipped the switch and turned everything off again. Why would they turn it on just to turn it back off.  I've been back to the 3g now for about 2-3 weeks again.

May want to check the settings on your phone. Even on my LG G2 with the CSFB issues, i have LTE nearly everywhere I go in Louisville. You can see mapped coverage on Sensorly. Shepherdsville you may or may not pick it up depending on where you are. The tower in Shepherdsville has not been converted yet. There is a tower near Brooks and another south of Shep that are LTE live. Shepherdsville is on the edge of both of these. Backhaul has been ran to the Shepherdsville site for almost 10 months now. Hopefully they start on it soon.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was wondering if anybody knew what was the hold up on the site on three springs rd is. Its had backhaul for 4 or 5 months for sure so I wouldnt think that could be the issue does anyone have any detailed info on this perticular site?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting 4G LTE all over Evansville, IN now. Never seen a announcement about getting it but, it is here.

It will probably be included in the next launch. City is mainly done with just a handful of sites remaining. West KY had made huge progress in the past 6 weeks.

It will probably be included in the next launch. City is mainly done with just a handful of sites remaining. West KY had made huge progress in the past 6 weeks.

Which makes it ever sadder that the East side has gotten shafted.  

Which makes it ever sadder that the East side has gotten shafted.

Somebody's got to be first, somebody's got to be last.

The overall performance of LTE in Bowling Green has been fantastic. I have about 4 months left on my contract with sprint and was going to determine whether I stayed with the company based on it. I can definitely say, I'll be sticking with them a couple more years.

Does anybody have any idea when the next launch of cities will be? And was wanting to know if in louisville can you pull band 41 from the protection sites or will they not get any lte love. Cause the one in bowling green has huwaei equipment on it and i thought that stuff was gonna have to be replaced?

Somebody's got to be first, somebody's got to be last.

Yeah man, I understand, its okay.  I guess I just thought that some little country town would be "last" instead of one of the biggest metro areas in the state.

I feel everyone's pain. But for how late the West Kentucky market got started, its progress has been impressive. One of the fastest deployment rates of all the markets.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro