Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

I picked up LTE going down Taylorsville Rd just past Hurstbourne Parkway. I mapped with Sensolry and I'm hoping they keep pushing up Hurstbourne and cover more of the area since it is so congested most of the day.

Also, does anyone know anything about the St. Matthews are over by Sacred Heart Academy. My signal in that area has always been horrible.

post-25709-13795127404504_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So I now officially have 4g all the way from my house to work, 8Mb down in my basement. i feel like my LTE world is complete haha. Going to Vegas soon, while it's not live yet they appear to habe pretty good coverage on the strip...interested in testing it out. Sprint has made enough progress here locally to save me and I may switch my girlfriend over as well.

• Like 1

i can't wait to get in BG tomorrow & see what I can pick up.

I went by the site on industrial drive this mor n ing and saw trucks there with tag stickers. Then went back by after work and they were getting ready to put new antennas and rru's up so prolly have 4g on that site soon also. If anyone in bowling green lives on that side of town go take some pics please and keep a eye out for thst site to come live soon.

Im gonna go by and get some pics so we can get this site in progress cause I dont think that its listed as in progress

At the corner of Blankenbaker and Bluegrass Parkway and I have full signal strength but get some horrific speeds. Hope they get the back haul upgrades done soon at this tower. The worst part is the latency which makes it feel even slower.

post-25709-13796802526659_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I picked up 4g LTE in Evansville on the North side near Central High School. Also received a text alert from Sprint saying there were network upgrades going on in my area.

If you have sensorly be sure to map it out so they can add it to the map

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Is that a app?

Yes, it is, you can download it from either app store. It's definitely the best coverage map available and far more accurate than the actual carriers.

Also, I've seen that more of Bg has been mapped but I still have yet to even get a 4G signal in any of those areas. :(

How do I go about getting a couple sites in progress cause the red pond rd is 4g and fitzgersld industrial drive is broadcasting now.

Get some photos of the work and post them in the In Progress thread.

Last night I was unable to find any 4G in Bowling Green. None at the mall and none around the industrial drive tower which is within sight of my house. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by mep59

Last night I was unable to find any 4G in Bowling Green. None at the mall and none around the industrial drive tower which is within sight of my house. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I was getting 4G around the mall and over by Campbell Lane & Nashville Road yesterday afternoon. 

Did you try cycling airplane mode?

I was getting 4G around the mall and over by Campbell Lane & Nashville Road yesterday afternoon. 

Odd. For some reason my phone settings for mobile networks was switched from CDMA/LTE to Automatic. When I switched it back to CDMA/LTE I was then able to connect with 4G around the mall. Someone earlier mentioned that they were getting 4G from the Industrial Drive tower but I have never gotten 4G from that tower even when parked underneath it. Thanx for your responses as they made me check my mobile network settings.

Edited by mep59

I've been able to connect all the way down to Subway in veterans memorial from the industrial tower. However, it was just the signal not the speed itself. Most of the time any speed test would time out. It's finally coming to bg and I'm excited.

I went yesterday and got 4g from the briggs hill rd site and red pond rd and western kentucky in addition to winners circle and industrial drive

today when I went past Briggs Hill(AM & PM) I got terrible 3G.  The only place I was able to get LTE was over on Scottsdale Road. 

I have mapped 41 N with Sensorly on both my way to and from work, but for some reason it shows a smaller area than actually picks up. 

4G LTE at Eastland Mall in Evansville

I haven't seen anything actually in town. I live near Green River and Lincoln and I've always gotten the fastest 3G speeds here, where I least need it. I drove from Green River to St. Joe the other day and didn't pick up anything. I'll have to take that route to work sometime and see what I get.

I have mapped 41 N with Sensorly on both my way to and from work, but for some reason it shows a smaller area than actually picks up.

I haven't seen anything actually in town. I live near Green River and Lincoln and I've always gotten the fastest 3G speeds here, where I least need it. I drove from Green River to St. Joe the other day and didn't pick up anything. I'll have to take that route to work sometime and see what I get.

There is an accepted site near Mill Road and 1st Ave. Maybe check that area around North Park and see if you pick up anything