No Google Play Movies for rooted phones

Duffman

it is juice defender bro and it does work

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Its been shown countless times task killers do more harm than good most of the time since the huge advancement in Android's task management...

If you have your things set to sync right there is no need for task killers at all really...Having them run constantly in the background eats more battery than they save MOST of the time.....

im not going to continue this debate here though b/c itll derail the thread...

Its been shown countless times task killers do more harm than good most of the time since the huge advancement in Android's task management...

If you have your things set to sync right there is no need for task killers at all really...Having them run constantly in the background eats more battery than they save MOST of the time.....

I swore by taskillers even through Gingerbread. However, I have been on ICS for three weeks now and it has been pointless on it. I just uninstalled yesterday. I'm now taskiller free!

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Okay then, but your not on a custom ROM though just stock but rooted?

If that's the case it might be something in custom ROMs that breaks it?....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

There isn't much done to this ROM. I loaded up a leaked version of 4.0.4 after I unlocked/rooted with Wugfresh Gnex Root toolkit

The only changes from pure stock to what I am running is:

- Rooted with full busybox support

- De-odexed

- Zip-aligned

- Insecure stock boot image

Bro in MY circumstances it HELPS my batt more this ics rom has a good batt but the jd makes it better

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

There isn't much done to this ROM. I loaded up a leaked version of 4.0.4 after I unlocked/rooted with Wugfresh Gnex Root toolkit

The only changes from pure stock to what I am running is:

- Rooted with full busybox support

- De-odexed

- Zip-aligned

- Insecure stock boot image

Try going back to full blown 100% stock with the superuser and see if it works then...If it does then its a sign that they are tracking it somehow by knowing when ROMs are on the system instead of the stock OS...really odd that they are but something gets changed in ROMs that is causing it to not work I guess...All of which is news to me as I thought it was just looking for superuser lib's and going off that...

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I got back from them:

"Bonjour Alexander,

Merci de nous avoir contactés.

Vous savez donc que les appareils en mode root ne sont actuellement pas compatibles avec Google Play Films. Cela est dû aux exigences liées à la protection des droits d'auteur. Nous vous prions de nous excuser pour les désagréments occasionnés.

Merci par ailleurs de nous avoir fait part de vos commentaires concernant le fait que nous ne puissions pas supporter les appareils en mode root. Je les transmettrai au reste de l'équipe.

Nous recueillons et étudions les commentaires avec beaucoup d'attention et nous sommes heureux d'apprendre comment nous pouvons améliorer Google Play Films.

N'hésitez pas à nous envoyer d'autres commentaires pour que je puisse continuer à améliorer les films sur Google Play.

Cordialement,

Marvin

L'équipe Google Play

Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irlande Enregistré à Dublin, Irlande Numéro d'enregistrement: 368047"

Sorry it's French, basically they're saying it's copyright-related, not especially DRM-related. And they're sorry, like always.

I still think it's BS. I don't see the link between me using Cyanogenmod 9 to have *their* ICS on my Gingerbread phone and movie piracy anyway.

Edited by AlexanderCartie
  • Like 1