No Google Play Movies for rooted phones

Duffman

What the.................

Google needs to pull their heads out of their you know whats. I just lost access to Google Wallet because I'm rooted. Who is NOT going to root a Nexus?

• Like 1

Yeah they have been doing this for awhile now.

Not enough ppl complain about it to get a change done.

I think there's a perma-root app in the market that will let u in a sense unroot then u can reboot and go back to market download the movie, go back and reroot after....maybe?

Think its OTA rootkeeper....Or you can hand around xda or other sites as there likely will be moded playstore.apk that will bypass the root check.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

Or I order from Amazon and tell Google to eat it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

U own them from Amazon don't you though? Or u can rent from them too? Anyway if rented isn't it done VIA web browser anyway? Big diff than saving movie on device partially...

U own them from Amazon don't you though? Or u can rent from them too? Anyway if rented isn't it done VIA web browser anyway? Big diff than saving movie on device partially...

I think Amazon has rental.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Google's back. Does anyone know why they disallow it? It may have something to do w/ DRM and their contracts with content providers.

It's not DRM bc there are many ways to have the media DRM protected even on rooted devices. Makes no difference. It's all about the content providers as they are always the last to adapt and accept new things.

It's not DRM bc there are many ways to have the media DRM protected even on rooted devices. Makes no difference. It's all about the content providers as they are always the last to adapt and accept new things.

Link?

Edited by cupcak3

Yeah, I didn't even think about Netflix. That is available on all handsets, not just non-rooted ones. DRM was the reason it took so long to come to Android when it was on iOS for a long time.

Link?

Netflix as stated...

It's all about implementation and getting the big networks to agree...the later is always the toughest part as everyone is so scared of piracy though they will stream their shows on sites for home pc to capture just as easily....smh

Yeah, I didn't even think about Netflix. That is available on all handsets, not just non-rooted ones. DRM was the reason it took so long to come to Android when it was on iOS for a long time.

Yup DRM was it, first it was only for devices that had it built in the chip itself but they evolved the app to have it in it itself or their streams have it directly.

google_fail.jpg

Looks like it is "due to requirements related to copyright protection." Google should do a search using their own search engine and they will find pirate movies all over the place. As

And of course, I'd much rather steal movies streamed with a poor bitrate at a low resolution to my phone than use Google to search out any of the thousands of places where I could steal them using my computer.
http://www.androidce...-rooted-devices
  • Like 1

I was to try out Inglorious Basterds that Google offered for a quarter.

One of my favorite, all time movies! It's dark...so you have to be in the right mood to watch it. But it's one of the few Brad Pitt movies I can stomach. "Killing Natzees!"

I am sorry if anyone is offended by the language but this was too funny of a rant not to share.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk

Not only funny, but I agree whole heartedly. I can watch Netflix on my rooted device. This is BS. I hope WebOS free source takes off.

Posted via Forum Runner

Not only funny, but I agree whole heartedly. I can watch Netflix on my rooted device. This is BS. I hope WebOS free source takes off.

Posted via Forum Runner

Yeah it is total BS if you ask me. I hope this doesn't start a trend of things to come.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk