What is a realistic ETA for Long Island?

RoccoM

I know that deployment in Central NJ and NYC is happening as we speak, but I'm alarmed that Long Island is treated as an entirely separate market as Long Island customers got completely hosed by Clearwire during the WiMax rollout.

I'm really tempted to leave for Verizon.

The furthest point east that WiMax was ever deployed was Rockville Centre and 3G is borderline unusable during peak hours.

Edited by RoccoM

I know that deployment in Central NJ and NYC is happening as we speak, but I'm alarmed that Long Island is treated as an entirely separate market as Long Island customers got completely hosed by Clearwire during the WiMax rollout.

I'm really tempted to leave for Verizon.

The furthest point east that WiMax was ever deployed was Rockville Centre and 3G is borderline unusable during peak hours.

Although we are not prepared to announce Long Island yet, I will tell you Long Island comes out with a full deployment in a decent spot in the national schedule. It will not be relegated to the nether regions like it was in the Clearwire deployment. Stay tuned.

- Robert

Although we are not prepared to announce Long Island yet, I will tell you Long Island comes out with a full deployment in a decent spot in the national schedule. It will not be relegated to the nether regions like it was in the Clearwire deployment. Stay tuned.

- Robert

is my area in a decent spot in the nation schedule?

is my area in a decent spot in the nation schedule?

Since I have seen the whole national schedule, and am the closest thing to being objective around here, I would say where Long Island fits in the schedule makes sense. In my opinion, Long Island should be near the top of secondary markets. And Sprint appears to be thinking the same way as I am.

• Like 1

Since I have seen the whole national schedule, and am the closest thing to being objective around here, I would say where Long Island fits in the schedule makes sense. In my opinion, Long Island should be near the top of secondary markets. And Sprint appears to be thinking the same way as I am.

I am in the middle of kansas but its good to see many many areas on schedule

In my view, actually very foolish for sprint to classify this area as a secondary market.

Its a very densely populated area that shares three million people between the two counties and is among the highest income per capita areas of the country.

They also used to own the area outright and have tons of former customers that they could lure back if they got this done in a timely fashion.

Edited by RoccoM

In my view, actually very foolish for sprint to classify this area as a secondary market.

Its a very densely populated area that shares three million people between the two counties and is among the highest income per capita areas of the country.

They also used to own the area outright and have tons of former customers that they could lure back if they got this done in a timely fashion.

U think the high income ppl use sprint?....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I'm talking about in aggregate.

The fact that the average sprint post-paid customer might skew slightly towards the lower end of the middle class compared to ATT/Verizon is more or less irrelevant. The fact that the area is virtually uniformly middle class means that this area has a much better post-paid/pre-paid mix than either Queens or the Bronx with only a minor drop-off in density and that they're screwing up by relegating it to a second tier.

Edited by RoccoM

Everyone wants their market to be upgraded ASAP. There are a pile of larger markets than Long Island that have not been announced yet. At this point, the markets that are announced will be complete within months of each other.

• Like 1

Everyone wants their market to be upgraded ASAP. There are a pile of larger markets than Long Island that have not been announced yet. At this point, the markets that are announced will be complete within months of each other.

sums it up pretty much....

Actually, considering Sprint has the highest ARPU, and, proportionately to the number of subscribers, one of the highest ratios of smartphones vs. feature phones, I would not necessarily say their subscribers are low income. Also, just because Sprint's plans are a better value, is not an indicator of customer social class. There's a mix, just like with any other carrier.

Actually, considering Sprint has the highest ARPU, and, proportionately to the number of subscribers, one of the highest ratios of smartphones vs. feature phones, I would not necessarily say their subscribers are low income. Also, just because Sprint's plans are a better value, is not an indicator of customer social class. There's a mix, just like with any other carrier.

Actually US Cellular has the highest ARPU, followed by Verizon wireless and then Sprint. http://www.phonearena.com/news/US-carrier-landscape-in-Q3-Verizon-records-biggest-ARPU_id23755

Interesting, I thought I read an article on Phone Arena or Android Central that showed Sprint as having highest ARPU. THanks for the clarification.

I posted the wrong link initially. Sorry. Fixed it now. I still had an old link on the clipboard.

I'd dispute that its a better value.

Data service has been brutal for the past month and a half.

I've been averaging .15 down and .09 up. if I can even run speedtests during the daytime.

Then you get on the phone and they deny there are any issues with the towers in the local area, even though its basically unusable.

Edited by RoccoM

I'd dispute that its a better value.

Data service has been brutal for the past month and a half.

I've been averaging .15 down and .09 up. if I can even run speedtests during the daytime.

Then you get on the phone and they deny there are any issues with the towers in the local area' date=' even though its basically unusable.[/quote']

I'm sure you mean for you its not a better value. There are lots of places where the Sprint EVDO network is total FAIL. And in these places that would weigh heavily against the concept of value. But there are places that the Sprint network performs acceptably. And to many people in these areas Sprint would still be a value.

Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

I'm sure you mean for you its not a better value. There are lots of places where the Sprint EVDO network is total FAIL. And in these places that would weigh heavily against the concept of value. But there are places that the Sprint network performs acceptably. And to many people in these areas Sprint would still be a value.

Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

Turns out recent connectivity issues (15 towers are down in the area for UPGRADES) but the customer service reps couldn't just come out and tell me that.

One of them wanted me to wipe my phone while I was at work and do a full restore, and even got belligerent with me because I couldn't. I wasn't at home near my laptop, itunes, contacts etc. And not near wifi so I couldnt backup to iCloud.

Really ridiculous that I had to escalate it three times over three days to get a real answer.

All they had to say was tower work with an ETA of being finished on 3/17.

Edited by RoccoM
  • Like 1