Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Anyone know anything about PRL 20989 -- it's what I currently have on my iPhone 5s.  I did a few searches here and on XDA and didn't turn up anything.

I haven't had a chance to go through the PRL list since the 5S launch. I know the 5S and 5C use different C-SIM cards instead of the standard UICC cards every other LTE device uses (albeit each slightly different for mini/nano size and whether they allow GSM or not).

Makes sense that something different might be required for the PRLs as well, Apple loves to make things more complicated.

• Like 2

And Sprint loves to make many useless series of PRLs...

Such as the 54xxx series? Since it seems to be for corporate world phones like 56xxx apparently is...

Anyways, looks like a new set of PRLs have been released. Sprint just pushed 54016 to me, which of course overrode the custom PRL I had been using in place of the previously issued 54015. I am curious to see if the full set of 1x 800 SIDs have now been added.

I'll let you know when someone pulls it from their device and sends it to me. No one has done this yet though.

How do you do this, if I have time and can, I'll try...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

How do you do this, if I have time and can, I'll try...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

If you find the QPST guide for your device on writing a PRL all you do is hit read and save. It usually saves as rl0 but it is still a PRL.

• Like 1

Interesting... we have a new 800SMR channel in the scan:

1X: S/476 S/487 S/526

So, using AJ's formula in his article, "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" Interpreting your engineering screen. Part two.

uplink center frequency (MHz) = 806 + (0.025 × carrier channel)
downlink center frequency (MHz) = 851 + (0.025 × carrier channel)

476 = 817.9 downlink / 862.9 uplink

487 = 818.175 downlink / 863.175 uplink

526 = 819.15 downlink / 864.15 uplink

I thought maybe this is what Sprint did with the 800SMR that went missing in our area earlier this week but I still can't connect to it even though I scan see it on the spectrum analyzer.  I'll have to check to the see the exact frequency the carrier is at now though.

• Like 1

Interesting... we have a new 800SMR channel in the scan:

1X: S/476 S/487 S/526

Honestly, I am not surprised.  My suspicions had been raised, as I have not had CDMA1X 800 for about the last week now.  If the carrier channel assignment has been shifted from SMR 476 to SMR 487, that would explain the disappearance.

Sprint may have determined that it needed to shift the CDMA1X 800 carrier up a few hundred kHz for out of band emissions reasons.  Who knows?  But this change should not affect the 5 MHz FDD LTE 800 carrier at all.  Even at SMR 487 with a downlink center frequency of 863.175 MHz, the upper 625 kHz of the CDMA1X carrier should extend to around 863.8 MHz.  On the downlink, that still leaves 864-869 MHz for the 5 MHz FDD carrier.

AJ

• Like 5

Preliminary reports:

800SMR scans now include channel 487.
CA GEOs scan an additional PCS channel
Alaska Digitel changed from native to roaming indicator shown.
Cleaned out some old unused Alltel SIDs

And that's about it so far... I'll do some additional digging later today.

• Like 2

Honestly, I am not surprised.  My suspicions had been raised, as I have not had CDMA1X 800 for about the last week now.  If the carrier channel assignment has been shifted from SMR 476 to SMR 487, that would explain the disappearance.

Sprint may have determined that it needed to shift the CDMA1X 800 carrier up a few hundred kHz for out of band emissions reasons.  Who knows?  But this change should not affect the 5 MHz FDD LTE 800 carrier at all.  Even at SMR 487 with a downlink center frequency of 863.175 MHz, the upper 625 kHz of the CDMA1X carrier should extend to around 863.8 MHz.  On the downlink, that still leaves 864-869 MHz for the 5 MHz FDD carrier.

AJ

Thanks for the additional info.  Probably why I haven't seen them turning up 800SMR on any new sites in over a month now here.  Weird that I still can't connect to it with this new PRL.  Will have to do some more research.  Maybe I'm not holding it right?

Thanks for the additional info.  Probably why I haven't seen them turning up 800SMR on any new sites in over a month now here.  Weird that I still can't connect to it with this new PRL.  Will have to do some more research.  Maybe I'm not holding it right?

Still connecting to 800 SMR on 476 in Shentel area.  Using Galaxy S3 with 25016 PRL

For the time being, Sprint may have turned down the sync and paging channels on SMR 476, leaving only the pilot channel running.  In that case, the carrier will show up on a spectrum analyzer, but mobiles will not be able to attach to it.

AJ

The PRL on the HTC Evo is now 55016  I got it the other day, but couldn't remember if that is what it was before I updated.  :blush:

I just did a PRL update on my Galaxy S4 and now have the 55016 PRL up from 55015 in Madison, WI.  Once I updated, I got a blip of 1x800SMR (as chimed by SignalCheck Pro) but then 800SMR went away and haven't had it since.  I didn't see much for this phone or PRL on that gdoc in OP.  I've got a lot of tower work around me but nothing active in my immediate area.