Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Interestingly... 55051 on my Google Fi Nexus 6. Does that mean we roam the same places as Sprint postpaid?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes. I am roaming on my Fi on all Sprint CDMA roamers. Including Verizon. And my usage counts all the same.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yes. I am roaming on my Fi on all Sprint CDMA roamers. Including Verizon. And my usage counts all the same.

I'm new to Fi so I did not know this. That's bloody awesome. Pretty sure that's not true for the TMO side of the house.

I'm new to Fi so I did not know this. That's bloody awesome. Pretty sure that's not true for the TMO side of the house.

It's true in the Tmo side in my area. I roam on Golden West Wireless and Viaero. However, I don't know if that's nationwide. And when on GSM 'roaming' it shows as native on the device. Although,on Fi it doesn't matter if you're roaming or not. Your normal plan usages apply.

Is that doable on a non-rooted device? If so, let me know how.

I think it's possible with CDMA Workshop or DFS if the phone is put in the right mode. It doesn't need root. I've been unsuccessful in writing a PRL to the Nexus 6 or 6P, so I'm not sure how well either program works with current Nexus devices. But the correct Qualcomm mode is a boot option in the bootloader. If no one has posted it by tonight I can try to retrieve it from my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I think it's possible with CDMA Workshop or DFS if the phone is put in the right mode. It doesn't need root. I've been unsuccessful in writing a PRL to the Nexus 6 or 6P, so I'm not sure how well either program works with current Nexus devices. But the correct Qualcomm mode is a boot option in the bootloader. If no one has posted it by tonight I can try to retrieve it from my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Scratch that, I can't find the proper Windows drivers for the 6P. 

From Reddit:

These new PRLs come on the heels of the last release on 12/4/2015. There are two changes in the new PRLs.

1. Several versions of the PRLs have been consolidated into 14 Sprint PostPaid/MVNO PRLs and 8 Prepaid PRLs. There is no longer a distinction between CL and IL PRLs so these PRLs can be combined as CL and IL subscribers will have the same coverage.

2. The preferred Roaming Partner in Carbondale, IL has been changed. We cannot reveal the name of any of our roaming partners. This change does not affect coverage in that market. No changes, increases or decreases, have been made to Sprint's roaming coverage footprint with these new PRLs.

For clarification, does that mean that the domestic roaming caps on postpaid Sprint accounts don't necessarily apply to Fi?

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

For clarification, does that mean that the domestic roaming caps on postpaid Sprint accounts don't necessarily apply to Fi?

Yes.  Google threatened to take away Android from any domestic operator that did not comply with no roaming caps.

AJ

• Like 6

If someone dumps 55051, I'll be glad to analyze.

- Trip

Curious on details of the 1x or 3G change and the Carbondale IL roaming provider change.

Curious on details of the 1x or 3G change and the Carbondale IL roaming provider change.

Ah, so many providers in the grand metropolis of Carbondale.  No, wait, Metropolis is about 50 miles south.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Okay, so here's what I'm seeing.

First and foremost, a massive increase in EV-DO roaming.  It looks like Verizon EV-DO. 

In Geo 4, SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

In Geo 8, Standing Rock Telecom is gone.

In Geo 11, the nTelos eastern market is gone.  SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

In Geo 14, SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

The SID list I have has 4305 and 4307 as SI Wireless, which is why it's listed.  1X and EV-DO, by the way.

- Trip

• Like 12

Okay, so here's what I'm seeing.

First and foremost, a massive increase in EV-DO roaming. It looks like Verizon EV-DO.

In Geo 4, SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

In Geo 8, Standing Rock Telecom is gone.

In Geo 11, the nTelos eastern market is gone. SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

In Geo 14, SI Wireless is added as a roaming partner.

The SID list I have has 4305 and 4307 as SI Wireless, which is why it's listed. 1X and EV-DO, by the way.

- Trip

Wait so we all have VZW EVDO now???!!!

Wait so we all have VZW EVDO now???!!!

Well, it tries to put you on Sprint eHRPD even if you are 1X roaming from Verizon, but if it can't find the Sprint eHRPD, it does appear that it now permits Verizon EVDO.

- Trip

From Reddit:

These new PRLs come on the heels of the last release on 12/4/2015. There are two changes in the new PRLs.

1. Several versions of the PRLs have been consolidated into 14 Sprint PostPaid/MVNO PRLs and 8 Prepaid PRLs. There is no longer a distinction between CL and IL PRLs so these PRLs can be combined as CL and IL subscribers will have the same coverage.

2. The preferred Roaming Partner in Carbondale, IL has been changed. We cannot reveal the name of any of our roaming partners. This change does not affect coverage in that market. No changes, increases or decreases, have been made to Sprint's roaming coverage footprint with these new PRLs.

Verizon 850 A block, 1x only.

EDIT: SID 1189, allegedly in the MVNO PRL as well.