Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Hi all, nice to have found this site.. I have a question, My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on the Sprint network. I have heard a awful lot about us not really getting what we pay for, as far as service goes.. I do get a lot of dropped calls, plus complaints from people, who call me and claim I never answer. But in fact lots of times my phone when on a call will not let me know when another call is coming in. Sometimes it does. I of course do not know if this is a phone issue, or a network issue..

I do have a custom rom, but it is basically a stock version.. This issue happens no matter what rom I use, even pure stock.. I travel up and down the I-35 corridor daily from Texas through Oklahoma and according to what I have seen on web Sprint does have lots of towers in this area. But my droped calls are enormous. My biggest question is how to determine if the problem with my phone call is a phone issue, or a network issue.. 2) which PRL is considered a better deal for my phone.. The stock PRL I believe 25015 stinks big time.. I am a truck driver, and use my phone all day long, and need to have the ability to make and receive call, with less issues than I currently have..

It seems every time I up grade my phone, sprint tells me that you will get better service, with fewer drop call..BS...Thanks 

The Galaxy Note 2 has an issue with maintaining proper connections to 800MHz signals in some markets (this was discovered after launch as 800MHz signals went online), unlike other devices. Since the network cannot send specific PRLS to specific areas, and it would adversely effect you if you travelled to these areas with a standard PRL, these devices have a customer PRL series until a solution can be found (if one ever is). The I-35 corridor (as with most of the country) is getting 800MHz service, but your phone will not connect to it due to this limitation.

Check the current PRL you have on the phone. It should be PRL 2011 for the Note II. The standard current PRLs for other devices are 21100 or 25018 (depending on device type). These PRLs allow 800MHz, but may cause dropped call issues on the Note II.

The reason I mention this is that while nearly any other current Sprint device would be able to use this signal to dramatically increase call reception, this particular device can't due to that issue, even though the antenna inside can.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone able to pull PRLs from your phones? QPST service programming doesn't work with my phone anymore, for some time. I imagine there's a newer QPST out there that will but hasn't made it's way into the wild.

Looking to get my hands on 51100 to do some mods.

Just so everyone knows, now that I no longer work for the company, I don't have access to direct info about PRL releases anymore. Unless another employee is willing to forward me this information going forward, the updates to the list will be more sparse, and I'm going to have to rely on user reported updates.

So... if there's anyone that does work for Sprint that knows how to access CEBU and get me the info to update the PRL and UICC/SIM Compatibility charts, it would be much appreciated.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this info, I just updated to 55019. Any ideas on what's changed?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Edit: This did not fix my issue with having to be on CDMA only while in nTelos-land, whatever else it may do.

I've updated the spreadsheet, but since I no longer have access to the official wording for new updates, I'll either need a new internal source or the breakdown of the PRL analyzed.

Not that it matters, but the Note 2 updated to 2019. :pinch:

Dont feel bad I'm on an iPhone 5, my phone is afraid of 1x800. Haven't seen it on this phone but my s3 was on it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55019 Changes (Not all inclusive):

IS-683D to IS-683E

PLMN based preferences were added for each geographic area, for LTE frequencies:

310 120 - same

311 490 - same

311 870 - more

A ton of international PLMN preferences were added for both LTE and GSM/WCDMA/everything

Edited by paul2112

• 2 weeks later...

So since the iPhone 5c/5s Sprint PRL can not be changed lets try a different angle.

How can I get Sprint to switch my iPhone 5c from 51101 to 53134?

Try tech support. If you get them to do anything, please let us know.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2