Sprint TD-LTE 2500/2600mhz Discussion

I would fix my typos but I can't get tapatalk to connect when I tap edit.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
... duhh  used chrome

Well on the Sprint conference call this morning they confirmed 2.5 will be in all current Sprint sites plus Clearwire and they'll be building out more 2.5GHz coverage than there current 38K sitesZoning and such are being done now along with negotiations with their partners who'll be deploying the new 2.5GHz spectrum. They expect it to move faster as back haul should be mostly in place at all sites. More information will be provided as they get further along with planning. Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If this is the case, this is huge news!! Thanks for posting.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 5, not the old one (using Tapatalk 2).

• Like 1

Well on the Sprint conference call this morning they confirmed 2.5 will be in all current Sprint sites plus Clearwire and they'll be building out more 2.5GHz coverage than there current 38K sitesZoning and such are being done now along with negotiations with their partners who'll be deploying the new 2.5GHz spectrum. They expect it to move faster as back haul should be mostly in place at all sites. More information will be provided as they get further along with planning. Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep, like I said.

TMO better expand fiber to all their 54k towers because their urban advantage just got annihilated.

Next year all phones released will support all three bands. But they backtracked when asked specifically about Apple's iPhone. I think it'll support it and he realized he slipped up by saying all devices..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Is there an article with this info?

Just listened. Begin zoning, leasing and documentation completed.  Working with the vendors for 2.5.  Several thousand sites up based on Clearwire.  However, through 2014 most sites will be able completed faster.

% of 38K sites. Close to 100% of sites are expected and truthfully more.  Sprint sites, Clearwire sites and more. Interesting.

I hope they work with the OEM's to get these antenna's out for the markets that already have LTE and incorporate going forward.  Very exciting.

• Like 1

Elfman said the company will have a few tri-band handsets in the fourth quarter that will support the company's spectrum holdings in the 2.5 GHz, 1.9 GHz and 800 MHz bands. Beginning in 2014, all of the devices Sprint sells will support the 2.5 GHz band. But Elfman said that comment should be taken with regard to all devices except for the iPhone, which he declined to comment on.

From http://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2013/07/sprint-records-16b-loss-wake-iden-shutdown

Elfman said the company will have a few tri-band handsets in the fourth quarter that will support the company's spectrum holdings in the 2.5 GHz, 1.9 GHz and 800 MHz bands. Beginning in 2014, all of the devices Sprint sells will support the 2.5 GHz band. But Elfman said that comment should be taken with regard to all devices except for the iPhone, which he declined to comment on.

From http://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2013/07/sprint-records-16b-loss-wake-iden-shutdown

If you listened to the call, he couldn't back track faster.  It was quite funny. 

Edit: If you know the phone is going to work, why not throw the promise out there.

• Like 2

Well on the Sprint conference call this morning they confirmed 2.5 will be in all current Sprint sites plus Clearwire and they'll be building out more 2.5GHz coverage than there current 38K sites Zoning and such are being done now along with negotiations with their partners who'll be deploying the new 2.5GHz spectrum. They expect it to move faster as back haul should be mostly in place at all sites. More information will be provided as they get further along with planning. Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I missed that call!!

Do you have a link for the replay?

If you listened to the call, he couldn't back track faster. It was quite funny.

Edit: If you know the phone is going to work, why not throw the promise out there.

My guess is Apple demands to be sole source for any iPhone announcements.

• Like 7

I am very glad to hear about nationwide rollout of LTE 2.5.  I always thought deploying LTE 2.5 as a "hotspot" in only select sites was not a great enough use of the vast 2.5 spectrum resources.  I always thought that every Sprint site could always use that LTE 2.5 extra capacity to offload traffic especially since we can't predict the traffic profile demand in the next 5-10 years.  I really hope they deploy LTE 2.5 on all 38,000 Sprint Network Vision sites and all ~14,000 Clearwire sites.

I think I reaf 8, 000 are co located so tht knickd down the total.

It is approximately 5,500 Clearwire sites colocated with Sprint.  Or, 40% OF 14,000.

rOBERT

• Like 2

I think I reaf 8, 000 are co located so tht knickd down the total.

Is the official language of S4GRU now Pidgin?

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Yep, like I said.

TMO better expand fiber to all their 54k towers because their urban advantage just got annihilated.

Microwave works just fine for all backhaul needs for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

There is Fixed microwave in the US at 10.55 to 10.6 ghz - 10.6 to 10.68 ghz - 10.7 to 11.7 ghz.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/United_States_Frequency_Allocations_Chart_2003_-_The_Radio_Spectrum.jpg

10,700 to 11,700 MHz is the 11 GHz band.

10,550 to 10,680 MHz has a maximum channel with of 5 MHz, making it useless for telecommunications.

Here is the request to make 500 MHz at 10 GHz unlicensed: http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view;jsessionid=QDLTRQ4XJVlB2zs1j8JZ6QqM9H2QfSJSG21GThprcpYhMX7X1t4H!1291806534!-1272756975?id=6017338776