Sprint TD-LTE 2500/2600mhz Discussion

I'm coming for your wifi, herron1996!

B)

LOL! :lol:

Didn't realize it showed my WiFi password.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 8

How much does the hotspot factor in with pings?

Sent from my HTC ONE

About 50-70ms on my Verizon hotspot. I would guess about the same. So that could be most of the factor.

I'm getting TD-LTE all over Denver. So far, everywhere I've gone between Centennial and Aurora. It seems better than WiMax because it can hold on to weaker signals and a very weak signal is quite usable. And way better than Sprint 3G. Here is my best speed test so far:

uploadfromtaptalk1374530812831.jpg

I'm averaging 10Mbps. And considering that my average connection is -110dBm RSRP, that's pretty darn good.

• Like 23

Yep. Just swap old RRUs for new

I'm getting TD-LTE all over Denver. So far, everywhere I've gone between Centennial and Aurora. It seems better than WiMax because it can hold on to weaker signals and a very weak signal is quite usable. And way better than Sprint 3G. Here is my best speed test so far:

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1374530812831.jpg

I'm averaging 10Mbps. And considering that my average connection is -110dBm RSRP, that's pretty darn good.

Robert, can you figure out what channel bandwith they're running? I'm nearly certain that they're running 20mhz. 

I guess they're just converting wimax sites to Lte? Would make for a easy transition.Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not converting just supplementing - adding lte to existing wimax locations. There's still some wimax users out there that sprint still needs to support

Not converting just supplementing - adding lte to existing wimax locations. There's still some wimax users out there that sprint still needs to support

Samsung BRS/EBS are dual mode TD-LTE / Wimax capable and can support 80mhz of spectrum. Park wimax on a tiny slice of EBS and use 20-40mhz for TD-LTE. 

• Like 3

Robert, can you figure out what channel bandwith they're running? I'm nearly certain that they're running 20mhz. 

Would they even need new RRUs? Aren't RRUs software defined radio? I may be pulling this thought out of my ass. I was figuring that if Sprint can upgrade to LTE Advanced from LTE with a software upgrade there may be some sort of software upgrade path for LTE.

Would they even need new RRUs? Aren't RRUs software defined radio? I may be pulling this thought out of my ass. I was figuring that if Sprint can upgrade to LTE Advanced from LTE with a software upgrade there may be some sort of software upgrade path for LTE.

Not with the old Clearwire gear. Those are single mode Wimax only. 

This is the specifications for the Samsung TD-LTE / Wimax RRU they're deploying,

c2LEsau.png

• Like 1

But keep in mind that the RRUs that are installed on the Wimax towers were made back in 2007-2008 or so and LTE equipment wasn't available back then. I am sure the Wimax RRUs are single mode and only support Wimax.   I am sure there must be some reasons for needing to upgrade the hardware that LTE needs specifically.  Maybe these new dual mode RRUs have more capacity of deploying up to 80 MHz of spectrum (according to Lilotimz) while the old RRUs might not have as much capacity.

Either way I hope Sprint does upgrade all the Clearwire Wimax RRUs to the latest hardware to ensure it is future proof to be able to handle a lot of capacity.

Correction: Clearwire is using 311-490 assigned to Sprintcom. SoftBank synergy already?!

AJ

• Like 5

None of the screens on the Netgear MiFi show channel selection or channel width. There are more options when I sign into through the browser. But it won't take the Admin password that came with it. Still trying.

• Like 1

These were Clearwire's priority list on their existing network. Nothing to do with Sprint or Network Vision sites, yet. TD-LTE 2600 probably won't start being installed on NV sites for 4-5 more months.

What does that mean for the existing WiMax network in those cities?

What does that mean for the existing WiMax network in those cities?

Don't know.

I wonder when a coverage map will be available on Sprints or Clearwires site?

Probably not in a hurry. Only available to a few early adopter hotspot holders. This is definitely a quiet soft launch.

I wonder when a coverage map will be available on Sprints or Clearwires site?

I would expect only a map showing Sprint's 4g coverage and not the individual bands - 800, 1900 and 2500 - for a certain area

I would expect only a map showing Sprint's 4g coverage and not the individual bands - 800, 1900 and 2500 - for a certain area

Unfortunately I think that is what Sprint will end up doing and not break up the LTE coverage into 2 colors for 800/1900 LTE and 2500 LTE.  This is why I wish Sensorly could make a new group called Sprint LTE 2500 or Clearwire LTE so that we can clearly see which areas have 2500 LTE mapped.

I'm pretty sure Sprint will have different coverage maps, it will probably work like it does now for LTE and Wimax. Different coverage maps for different devices.

Unfortunately I think that is what Sprint will end up doing and not break up the LTE coverage into 2 colors for 800/1900 LTE and 2500 LTE.  This is why I wish Sensorly could make a new group called Sprint LTE 2500 or Clearwire LTE so that we can clearly see which areas have 2500 LTE mapped.

Clearwire still has there own site so the might put it there.