Sprint TD-LTE 2500/2600mhz Discussion

Well folks now we know how that huge $16 Billion Network investment over 2 years will factor into future Sprint.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I would like it to be 800>1900>2600. Off load to next band as each one gets loaded to ALMOST full Capacity. But ya are they experts and are probably right in how they will handle this 

I think ideally, the reverse makes more sense since decent 2600 signal (as we've seen from Roberts testing) would offer up the most performance, and drop down to 800 when signal strength is of essence.

• Like 1

Did not think of that part. Most of our phones show 1x on the signal bars anyways. So for the non S4gru member it will appear if LTE and everything has great signal even though you may be riding voice on 1x and LTE might be on 2600 or 1900 and you only have a fair signal. But to a normal consumer they see full bars and love their service for that.

• Like 1

I think ideally, the reverse makes more sense since decent 2600 signal (as we've seen from Roberts testing) would offer up the most performance, and drop down to 800 when signal strength is of essence.

Yea i just know at my house I need 800 to get me even just 3 or 4 bars. But i will just have to see when they complete my tower how my phone acts and what channel it rides on most of the time. Ultimately i just want great voice calls inside for now. Decent LTeEservice would be great but voice is on my list first.

• Like 1

Those look like those Samsung RRUs.

They do, huh.  He is going to try to take some zoomed in photos for us when he gets a chance.

Robert

I've got more servers than I know what to do with, but thanks for the offer. :-D

I'll probably drop these on Flickr so I can keep them Geotagged (and super res).

Weather permitting, the shots will be up around 9am Central.

Samsung TD-LTE RRUs are virtually indistinguishable from their PCS RRUs but pretty sure that pic is of a TD-LTE setup. Going to be fun for those in the IBEZ trying to figure out if they're using PCS only setups or td-lte setups. 

0LthV9d.png

zwpkuFY.png

LjQRS7B.png

• Like 1

CDMA1X 800 will take care of that.

AJ

Yes, as long as they leave us all idle on 800, we all have a boatload of bars and great service. I question how long it will be until the 800 1X can handle the load and they have to do something.  Right now, only some of the customers are on the 800, As more are able to get 800, can it be overloaded??  If they force some of us to idle on 1900, the bars decrease.

Don't give the higher ups any ideas! 

No ideas necessary.  Perfunctory "signal bars" have long been based on CDMA1X signal, not on EV-DO nor LTE signal.  What do you want, two, three, or even four sets of "signal bars"?

AJ

Yea i just know at my house I need 800 to get me even just 3 or 4 bars. But i will just have to see when they complete my tower how my phone acts and what channel it rides on most of the time. Ultimately i just want great voice calls inside for now. Decent LTeEservice would be great but voice is on my list first.

Well their is nothing stopping the phone from connecting CDMA 1x 800 voice and whatever available band on data at the same time.

No ideas necessary.  Perfunctory "signal bars" have long been based on CDMA1X signal, not on EV-DO nor LTE signal.  What do you want, two, three, or even four sets of "signal bars"?

AJ

This reminds me of when ATT's network was on the fritz after the iPhone, and instead of addressing the issue with JUST network upgrades, they decided that more bars displayed on the iPhone was the solution!

Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 1

Sure, a slight blip can be overcome by error correction and resending a block or two of data.    But any significant drop in the stream will surely bother video.

IMHO you should not be watching video driving 75 mph.

• Like 1

Right now, only some of the customers are on the 800, As more are able to get 800, can it be overloaded??

Idle state mobiles camped on CDMA1X 800 do not increase the carrier loading at all.  They are just "there."

AJ

AJ

cough *cough* Signal check pro! love them bars!!

• Like 3

IMHO ou should not be watching video driving 75 mph.

Passengers? Carpools? Trains? Airplanes ;)

I am happy for today's news mostly because it points to a quicker upgrade to the GMOs that I am 4 to 8 miles from (quicker 800mhz to hopefully stop relying on an airrave)...

• Like 1

Idle state mobiles camped on CDMA1X 800 do not increase the carrier loading at all.  They are just "there."

AJ

But But, Can you have a mobile camped on 800 just for the bars and then send it a call on 1900 without causing any havoc. Is the system capable of doing this??

cough *cough* Signal check pro! love them bars!!

What "bars"?  SignalCheck Pro provides signal strength figures in dBm units.  No one is disputing the value of that.  But the hoi polloi, who could barely pass high school chemistry, would see those negative sign metrics and emit a collective, "HUH?!"

AJ

But But, Can you have a mobile camped on 800 just for the bars and then send it a call on 1900 without causing any havoc. Is the system capable of doing this??

Absolutely.  VZW has had dual band CDMA1X 850/1900 networks for years.  This is nothing new, guys.

AJ

• Like 1

With 2500 LTE going to NV siters now will S4GRU add tracking for LTE 800 and 2600  like the current 1900 LTE, 800 CDMA, and good old 3G? Any guess if Robert will get any 2500 site acceptance reports? or 800 LTE later?  

Which will come first on the average NV site 800 LTE on a NV site or 2500?

Tri band panels seem more reasonable to expect eventually now to me, but I think they won't be available in time for current sites.

Well their is nothing stopping the phone from connecting CDMA 1x 800 voice and whatever available band on data at the same time.

Also, you might end up in a situation where the Clearwire site might even be closer than the Sprint site. It could end up being the best of both worlds, and eventually, even better signal if sprint decides to add NV to the Clear site (unlikely but you never know) 

What "bars"?  SignalCheck Pro provides signal strength figures in dBm units.  No one is disputing the value of that.  But the hoi polloi, who could barely pass high school chemistry, would see those negative sign metrics and emit a collective, "HUH?!"

AJ

Bars or dBm readings, its used for the same reference one more accurate than the other, but I get your point..another thing, dont underestimate high school chemistry, I graduated in 97 and their is no way in shit hell I would pass that right now! LOL 

...another thing, dont underestimate high school chemistry, I graduated in 97 and their is no way in shit hell I would pass that right now! LOL 

Maybe I should have used high school biology instead.  You know, those who could barely understand anything beyond "penis" and "vagina."

:P

AJ

• Like 2

With 2500 LTE going to NV siters now will S4GRU add tracking for LTE 800 and 2600 like the current 1900 LTE, 800 CDMA, and good old 3G? Any guess if Robert will get any 2500 site acceptance reports? or 800 LTE later?

Tri band panels seem more reasonable to expect eventually now to me, but I think they won't be available in time for current sites.

Once I start receiving official LTE 800 or LTE 2500 site acceptances, I will definitely add them to our maps. As far as triband panels, I don't think so. The downtilt difference between 800 and 2600 can be so much more disparate to make a single panel to not be practical.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With 2500 LTE going to NV siters now will S4GRU add tracking for LTE 800 and 2600  like the current 1900 LTE, 800 CDMA, and good old 3G? Any guess if Robert will get any 2500 site acceptance reports? or 800 LTE later?  

Actually the industry already calls the ones installed for 800/1900 triband since there are three distinct sections inside the antenna unit.  The 6 cables are divided between the 3 bands.  It just so happens that the ones they are installing have two of the same bands.

• Like 1

I'm sure excited about all this. I can't wait to have a triband phone, but Sprint tells me I will have to wait till June of next year.