Coronal Hole in the Sun.

Rukin1

Lol you're a funny guy.

Whoa ho ho, Jerry Seinfeld's a funny guy!

AJ

• Like 1

The sun emits solar flares all the damn time. ROFl But you are not understanding it's the year of solar maximum.. It's like an EMP, EMP's destroy equipment.

They've been talking about how if a STRONG enough solar flare hit the earth, it'd knock out power in most of the world. There was one strong enough released, but it missed earth.

to your

"This can cause power fluctuations and brown outs, but the likelihood of a widespread blackout is very, very small.

"http://sunearthday.nasa.gov/2013/solarmax/

So many inaccuracies.... I'm not sure I care to respond.

I understand perfectly. Astronomy is my secondary field. I'm pretty sure I have a better understanding than you ever could.

Uhm no? Lol it happens every 10 years. It's 2 years late well 2 or 3. But it's going to happen over the next year or two. During the solar maximum, the sun will emit tuns of solar flares and some will be sooo bad, It'll fry circuit boards. Which means, we'll loose power for a very long ass time. Not just a town, but the whole nation will go dark. Solar flares emit EMP's. If one big enough happens, it takes 30 minutes to reach earth and if we aren't prepared. We're going to be back in the dark ages aka super duper 

http://sunearthday.nasa.gov/2013/solarmax/

Nothing you are saying even begins to make sense, even at a basic level.  You're implying that Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs, not the EMP electromagnetic pulses a la Matrix that you seem to believe are real) can now travel in excess of the SPEED OF LIGHT?  I assure you that this is nowhere near being the case.

For reference (and I fear this may be a wasted effort on my part), light travels at roughly 186,200 miles PER SECOND.  That's incredibly fast and is, in fact, the ultimate speed limit in the universe (as far as we know).  The only thing known to move faster than that is the actual expansion of the universe itself.  

Light traveling from the sun takes a full EIGHT MINUTES to reach earth.  That's because the earth is a long way from the star we call our sun.  90 million miles, there about.  So, even at 186,200 miles per second, light still requires EIGHT MINUTES to make its journey as a photon from our sun (Sol) to the earth.  CMEs could NOT POSSIBLY move faster than that.

Where in the hell are you getting your greatly misinformed "information?"

You're implying that Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs, not the EMP electromagnetic pulses a la Matrix that you seem to believe are real) can now travel in excess of the SPEED OF LIGHT?

If I eat something that disagrees with me, I sometimes experience a Cornhole Mass Ejection.  And those do travel surprisingly fast.

AJ

• Like 2

Well, not that he needs any defending, but his post does say minutes. But, anyway, not sure that's not even accurate. ... lolz lol ah

Oh crap.  I think I misread that then.  Oops.  

Uhm no? Lol it happens every 10 years. It's 2 years late well 2 or 3. But it's going to happen over the next year or two. During the solar maximum, the sun will emit tuns of solar flares and some will be sooo bad, It'll fry circuit boards. Which means, we'll loose power for a very long ass time. Not just a town, but the whole nation will go dark. Solar flares emit EMP's. If one big enough happens, it takes 30 minutes to reach earth and if we aren't prepared. We're going to be back in the dark ages aka super duper 

http://sunearthday.nasa.gov/2013/solarmax/

Not exactly. Solar flares happen all the time. They only become a major issue for us when it overcomes the earths magnetic field. To my knowledge that has not happened once in recorded history. More commonly Coronal Mass Ejections play havoc with communications. We are probably more at risk for a World War Z scenario. BTW that was a damn good movie!

• Like 1

Not exactly. Solar flares happen all the time. They only become a major issue for us when it overcomes the earths magnetic field. To my knowledge that has not happened once in recorded history. More commonly Coronal Mass Ejections play havoc with communications. We are probably more at risk for a World War Z scenario. BTW that was a damn good movie!

Lol Solar flares happen all the time.

http://www.weather.com/video/super-solar-flare-37498

You keep pushing a point you clearly don't understand. Stop. Just, stop. 

Lol I'm just going from what I've been told. and I've seen? lol Explain to me what I'm missing or saying wrong?

Lol I'm just going from what I've been told. and I've seen? lol Explain to me what I'm missing or saying wrong?

Marklar, your marklar is not making marklar.  And marklar knows that if marklar doesn't marklar, then marklar me marklar. 

Marklar works like marklar. It marklars the marklar until marklar marklars.  Once marklar marklars, then marklar is marklar.  so until marklar marklars, I'm marklar and so is marklar.  Don't marklar it marklar.

• Like 2

Marklar, your marklar is not making marklar.  And marklar knows that if marklar doesn't marklar, then marklar me marklar. 

Marklar works like marklar. It marklars the marklar until marklar marklars.  Once marklar marklars, then marklar is marklar.  so until marklar marklars, I'm marklar and so is marklar.  Don't marklar it marklar.

lol My goodness you people lol.

Simply put... Since it happens every 11 years (or so) and you've gone through at least one, and I've gone through 3 (although, the extra arm I sprouted back in '91 solar max comes in handy when taking down a crook), it's not a big deal. We didn't fry and your skinnamax stayed on. The sun isn't gonna essplode. Zombies aren't gonna rise from their graves and Twinkies will be back on the shelves in a couple weeks.

I cannot believe this thread has gone on for 3 pages...

:rolleyes:

Robert

And yet by you replying a day and a half after the last post (and me replying to point this out as well), we've both helped it not die yet.  B)

I'll help brighten up the thread by stating that when our imminent deaths come, I hope for both our sakes that we die from a fried chicken/bacon/BBQ/etc heart attack first rather than being fried by the imminent apocalyptic CME that's surely destined to doom us all!

The original marklar in this marklar is marklaring a lot.  And by marklaring, I mean...

0_61_320x240_smoking_joint.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...