AT&T LTE Site Spacing Question

Maybe the tower included the local Sprint DNS server... Idk. If the proxy still tried to... gibberish, something

No, just people at a store making stuff up.

No! "Journalists" reporting without verifying something for plausibility? Can they do that?! They have to fact- and sanity-check, right??

/sarcasm

Edited by Txmtx

I guess AT&T is glad they put LTE up there now.

Wish they had put it up here at the beach, 150kbs on Verizon LTE and 200 kbs on AT&T's H+ sucks. Oh and the "free" wifi works..... sometimes at 500-700kbs. Sprint needs some LTE here on the 2500 band and lot's of it.

Can't wait for Rootmetrics to do their next round of reports! It's gonna be delicious showing Verizon having < 1mbps

heres a pic of even slower speeds yesterday:

Screenshot_2013-07-04-22-44-521_zps4745b

Enjoy the salt rubbing into Verizon fans about how they have the best LTE. Upload didn't even want to run, likely due to that 1000+ ms ping.  

Edited by 4ktvs
  • Like 1

heres a pic of even slower speeds yesterday:

Screenshot_2013-07-04-22-44-521_zps4745b

Enjoy the salt rubbing into Verizon fans about how they have the best LTE. Upload didn't even want to run, likely due to that 1000+ ms ping.  

I'm curious: what does Verizon say when you send them these screenshots?

Also, at that location were speeds ALWAYS this slow or is this new?

How fast were speeds when you first did a test at that location?

I'm curious: what does Verizon say when you send them these screenshots?

Also, at that location were speeds ALWAYS this slow or is this new?

How fast were speeds when you first did a test at that location?

That was new, but I can't crack 1mbs 90% of the time here in Myrtle beach.

Don't live here, but don't get much over 2-3mbs most of the time in my home market down to sub 500kbs in some places.

Verizon CS likely knows me better than they know there own kids. LOL

I haven't called them yet about this, because when I was out of state for a month. It showed the area and address as a 4G LTE, but couldn't even hardly get 3G and never saw 4G LTE unless I went out of that area.

I called CS got a "ticket" and they came back with fringe area. I said that's not what the map showed by far and that basely for that area a lie. They didn't nor would not give me any thing off my bill for the many dropped calls or not being able to use data most of the time.

I may send them the screen shots but I don't think I will get any were seeing as I am leaving tomorrow and don't live there.

Here's a video showing what I have mostly been getting from the big red here:

That was new, but I can't crack 1mbs 90% of the time here in Myrtle beach.

Don't live here, but don't get much over 2-3mbs most of the time in my home market down to sub 500kbs in some places.

Verizon CS likely knows me better than they know there own kids. LOL

I haven't called them yet about this, because when I was out of state for a month. It showed the area and address as a 4G LTE, but couldn't even hardly get 3G and never saw 4G LTE unless I went out of that area.

I called CS got a "ticket" and they came back with fringe area. I said that's not what the map showed by far and that basely for that area a lie. They didn't nor would not give me any thing off my bill for the many dropped calls or not being able to use data most of the time.

I may send them the screen shots but I don't think I will get any were seeing as I am leaving tomorrow and don't live there.

Here's a video showing what I have mostly been getting from the big red here:

What I don't understand is why Verizon doesn't increase their site density like ATT? From what I've read on here, ATT is making extremely dense 700 MHz deployment while Verizon is spacing them as far as possible but deploying AWS to "make up" for it.

Why?

Even with Upper 700 MHz propagation and wide open spaces, we are starting to see more clearly the relative fragility of the LTE airlink.

2wrg41y.png

Or maybe this "Verzion 4G LTE" is just a knockoff, and the real thing is better.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Even with Upper 700 MHz propagation and wide open spaces, we are starting to see more clearly the relative fragility of the LTE airlink.

2wrg41y.png

Or maybe this "Verzion 4G LTE" is just a knockoff, and the real thing is better.

;)

AJ

Can you estimate the radius of one of those coverage circles?

What I don't understand is why Verizon doesn't increase their site density like ATT? From what I've read on here, ATT is making extremely dense 700 MHz deployment while Verizon is spacing them as far as possible but deploying AWS to "make up" for it.

Why?

Verizon only cares about having the "biggest" 4G LTE foot print not the best as they love to clam. I was yelling and screaming this over a year ago, but no one seemed to know any better.

So if your market go's to crap they don't care unless it get's really really really bad with 56k speeds on top. I know this better than most because I had to report them to both the FCC and BBB for "throttling" that was really a bad phone they would not replace after 15+ calls to CS and bad towers. I had to deal with no data for days 3 times in the month of dec of 2011. The only ones who are getting "saved" from the madess are the NYC and LA guys. My market won't likely be seeing AWS any time soon and there is no way your going to get Verizon to spend money to upgrade there network were they already have it on that map they love so much to sell.

If you have seen what Verizon did with there 3G network, that's what they are going to do with there 4G network. They will just sit on it till 5G comes out and do the same thing. No need for them to change, because they have gains month over month.

AT&T for years has been about having the fastest data network, and will likely try to hold that place. Though I think soft/sprint will end up besting every one soon. Still waiting for them to fix LTE in my home market. (It was up, but for now it's been down for the most part.)

AT&T for years has been about having the fastest data network, and will likely try to hold that place. Though I think soft/sprint will end up besting every one soon. Still waiting for them to fix LTE in my home market. (It was up, but for now it's been down for the most part.)

I think one reason why ATT has been so dedicated to their 700 MHz network is because they don't have a trove of AWS like VZW.

With their 700 MHz supplemental downlink, ATT has anywhere from 10x5 to 20x10 total in 700 MHz.

AT&T: Carrier aggregation woes slow launch of ex-Qualcomm 700 MHz spectrum

Read more: AT&T: Carrier aggregation woes slow launch of ex-Qualcomm 700 MHz spectrum - FierceBroadbandWireless http://www.fiercebroadbandwireless.com/story/att-carrier-aggregation-woes-slow-launch-ex-qualcomm-700-mhz-spectrum/2013-06-26#ixzz2YE6YQH9y 

Subscribe at FierceBroadbandWireless

I'm too lazy too figure out where ATT has 10x10 Band 17 and where it has 5x5 but the above article says:

The acquisition included 12 MHz of Lower D and E Block spectrum covering more than 70 million POPs in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and San Francisco and 6 MHz of Lower D Block spectrum covering 230 million POPs across much of the rest of the country.

ATT is gonna kick 700 MHz behind!

Also, they learned their lesson from losing Round 1 with Verizon in the network battles.

Verizon only cares about having the "biggest" 4G LTE foot print not the best as they love to clam. I was yelling and screaming this over a year ago, but no one seemed to know any better.

So if your market go's to crap they don't care unless it get's really really really bad with 56k speeds on top. I know this better than most because I had to report them to both the FCC and BBB for "throttling" that was really a bad phone they would not replace after 15+ calls to CS and bad towers. I had to deal with no data for days 3 times in the month of dec of 2011. The only ones who are getting "saved" from the madess are the NYC and LA guys. My market won't likely be seeing AWS any time soon and there is no way your going to get Verizon to spend money to upgrade there network were they already have it on that map they love so much to sell.

If you have seen what Verizon did with there 3G network, that's what they are going to do with there 4G network. They will just sit on it till 5G comes out and do the same thing. No need for them to change, because they have gains month over month.

If that's Verizon's plan then I guess the only - and easiest - way to bring VZW down is to hope they get many, many, many, many, many more LTE customers.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I think one reason why ATT has been so dedicated to their 700 MHz network is because they don't have a trove of AWS like VZW.

With their 700 MHz supplemental downlink, ATT has anywhere from 10x5 to 20x10 total in 700 MHz.

AT&T: Carrier aggregation woes slow launch of ex-Qualcomm 700 MHz spectrum

Read more: AT&T: Carrier aggregation woes slow launch of ex-Qualcomm 700 MHz spectrum - FierceBroadbandWireless http://www.fiercebroadbandwireless.com/story/att-carrier-aggregation-woes-slow-launch-ex-qualcomm-700-mhz-spectrum/2013-06-26#ixzz2YE6YQH9y 

Subscribe at FierceBroadbandWireless

I'm too lazy too figure out where ATT has 10x10 Band 17 and where it has 5x5 but the above article says:

The acquisition included 12 MHz of Lower D and E Block spectrum covering more than 70 million POPs in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and San Francisco and 6 MHz of Lower D Block spectrum covering 230 million POPs across much of the rest of the country.

ATT is gonna kick 700 MHz behind!

Also, they learned their lesson from losing Round 1 with Verizon in the network battles.

If that's Verizon's plan then I guess the only - and easiest - way to bring VZW down is to hope they get many, many, many, many, many more LTE customers.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Well with me renewing my unlimited data plan with them next month and the rest of the 3G users going to 4G LTE we will overload the network till it bombs in a mushroom cloud. :rofl:

Well with me renewing my unlimited data plan with them next month and the rest of the 3G users going to 4G LTE we will overload the network till it bombs in a mushroom cloud. :rofl:

I'm still on Verizon 3G with iPhone 4 in metro detroit and I can stream Netflix easily in most locations.

I'll be on Verizon 3G until next year Sep 2014 so it'll be nice to have faster and faster 3G speeds.

I'm still on Verizon 3G with iPhone 4 in metro detroit and I can stream Netflix easily in most locations.

I'll be on Verizon 3G until next year Sep 2014 so it'll be nice to have faster and faster 3G speeds.

Does your contract not end till Sep 2014 or is that when your going to upgrade? 

;)

AJ

Looks like the Baton Rouge Sprint LTE map ;)

Looks like the Baton Rouge Sprint LTE map ;)

May as well be Verizon's 4G LTE in west VA and the state of Ohio with big hole's of no signal of any kind.

Or T-mobile's 4G sadly.

Let's just say it is BOTH. AT&T is king in south Louisiana. Sprint's entire network down here in the Lafayette area went offline Monday. Sprint customers had NO service from 10am Monday throughout the day and many are still without service now on Wednesday... and no one knows why. Some folks did get a $10 bill credit, though.

The local television news teams ran with it as their top story... And in other news, AT&T went live with their LTE here yesterday. No kidding. Now back to you...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Unfortunately these type of service outages happen with every carrier.

I'm still on Verizon 3G with iPhone 4 in metro detroit and I can stream Netflix easily in most locations.

Does your contract not end till Sep 2014 or is that when your going to upgrade?

My contract just ended today! But I'm being prudent with money, saving for new roof, etc. Sep 2014 is when I'll start being responsible for 3 lines instead of just my own. And, if current prices hold, I'll switch to TMO. Best value for 3 lines, if they have coverage where you're located, though the whole "block roaming on ATT even where we have no 2G" is retarded.

I do hope, though, that Sprint be at least be no more than $15/month more than TMO so I can justify it Sprint. I'd love to play around with PRLs.

My contract just ended today! But I'm being prudent with money, saving for new roof, etc. Sep 2014 is when I'll start being responsible for 3 lines instead of just my own. And, if current prices hold, I'll switch to TMO. Best value for 3 lines, if they have coverage where you're located, though the whole "block roaming on ATT even where we have no 2G" is retarded.

I do hope, though, that Sprint be at least be no more than $15/month more than TMO so I can justify it Sprint. I'd love to play around with PRLs.

On AT&T I am out of contract and when I told them if they didn't lower there rate I was going to T-mobile they took off more than I thought they would be willing to, so if you are wanting to save money you could try that. ( Don't know if Verizon cares all that much, but still I would give it a shot. saving 10-20 a month is better than full price every time.)

• Like 1

;)

AJ

Did you say that LTE R12 would strengthen the airlink? Or is that only for VoLTE?

Can't wait for Verizon to release LTE-only dumb-phones!

Did you say that LTE R12 would strengthen the airlink? Or is that only for VoLTE?

Can't wait for Verizon to release LTE-only dumb-phones!

LTE advanced is supposed to increase performance at cell edge, which would help.

I was lookin at tmobile for a while also, but there plans didn't work out to be cheaper when you factored in either financing the cost of the phones or buy them out right. Tmobile was 50 +30+ 10 then another 30 to have 2 gigs of 4g or 60 to have unlimited 4g (after that down to edge speeds) which either way is cheaper than the 180 with sprint but then the phones where 400 more each. That is 1200 over two years that adds 50 ( with out a discount rate, the idea that money today is worth more than money tomorrow) to the bill if I bought them out right our 60 if I financed them. That brought the price of tmobile's plans to 170 for 2 gigs a line or 200 for unlimited 4g. So, more if you compare apples to apples.

I was lookin at tmobile for a while also, but there plans didn't work out to be cheaper when you factored in either financing the cost of the phones or buy them out right. Tmobile was 50 +30+ 10 then another 30 to have 2 gigs of 4g or 60 to have unlimited 4g (after that down to edge speeds) which either way is cheaper than the 180 with sprint but then the phones where 400 more each. That is 1200 over two years that adds 50 ( with out a discount rate, the idea that money today is worth more than money tomorrow) to the bill if I bought them out right our 60 if I financed them. That brought the price of tmobile's plans to 170 for 2 gigs a line or 200 for unlimited 4g. So, more if you compare apples to apples.

All that is correct. But I will be getting cheapest option possible.

50 + 30 + 10 = 3 phones

20 + 20 + 5 = 2 iPhones and a texter

Total: $135

Unlimited talk, text, 500 MB/line + unlimited throttled

If it were just me, yes I'd get Sprint with unlimited data.