I had a dream

Mobilesolutions

Sprint still has eyes for tmobile?

If Dish is completely shutout of the Clearwire spectrum, they might or might not bid for T-Mobile. Their 40Mhz of spectrum is hardly enough to accomodate a fixed broadband network. It will be OK for a mobile network. Do they really want to pay a lot of money just to be the 4th wireless provider? I don't think so. Now if they get a substantial portion of Clearwire's spectrum, then going after T-Mobile makes sense because they can get them to host the Dish+Clearwire spectrum. Dish has a ticking clock to deploy their spectrum, selll it or lose it!

Sprint will be going after T-Mobile because they think that the only way to compete against the big two is through scale. T-Mobile brings both spectrum and customers. The integration will be rather complicated, but well worth it. Now if they do merge, will they have to divest some spectrum. Possibly. Which band will they have to do that from?

If Dish is completely shutout of the Clearwire spectrum, they might or might not bid for T-Mobile. Their 40Mhz of spectrum is hardly enough to accomodate a fixed broadband network. It will be OK for a mobile network. Do they really want to pay a lot of money just to be the 4th wireless provider? I don't think so. Now if they get a substantial portion of Clearwire's spectrum, then going after T-Mobile makes sense because they can get them to host the Dish+Clearwire spectrum. Dish has a ticking clock to deploy their spectrum, selll it or lose it!

Sprint will be going after T-Mobile because they think that the only way to compete against the big two is through scale. T-Mobile brings both spectrum and customers. The integration will be rather complicated, but well worth it. Now if they do merge, will they have to divest some spectrum. Possibly. Which band will they have to do that from?

I hope dish is forced to sell its spectrum. And idk I'm guessing sprint will sell off the 1700 aws spectrum? I'm new to all this lol.

I hope dish is forced to sell its spectrum. And idk I'm guessing sprint will sell off the 1700 aws spectrum? I'm new to all this lol.

Sprint does not have any AWS that I am aware of. Sprint itself has SMR (800) and PCS (1900) and should it finally succeed in buying ClearWire it will have BRS + EBS (2.6 GHz). It also has a tiny amount of WCS (2.3 Ghz) that it will likely sell to AT&T.

Edited by Nickel