Kansas market NID/MSC change (was "MSC Boundary Change")

Indeed, Josh, that is the widespread relevance of this thread.

AJ

Well I guess I'll be keeping an eye out on my NID as I travel California and Nevada.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

So what is the implication with this?

NID consolidation is likely to affect other markets, too, and that has ramifications for those who have experienced NID boundary problems for many years. (This Bud's for you, larryt510.)

AJ

NID consolidation is likely to affect other markets, too, and that has ramifications for those who have experienced NID boundary problems for many years. (This Bud's for you, larryt510.)

AJ

I understand NID boundaries affect the user experience but what is causing Sprint to alter them? I should have used the term cause rather than implication.

AJ

This is great news!  I have been complaining about this NID boundary (NID 2 and 3 in Orange County, CA) issue for many years.  It's caused an epidemic of missed incoming calls, battery life issues, pilot pollution, etc.  The worst part about this particular NID boundary is that it was set up in the worst possible location.  Right along a highly populated area, major freeway and also a large residential area.  Now had they moved NID 2 just one more cell site to the West it would have been much better as there would have been a separation by a hill to block out the pilot pollution.  But in my opinion they made a huge mistake by doing it the way they did.  I talked to people in the right department at Sprint a number of times about it but was unable to convince them to make a change (which would probably require corporate approval and a lot of red tape). 

Nothing has changed here yet but I will keep a watch on it and hope that we get a similiar merging of NID boundaries into one larger one.  That would make a lot of Sprint customers around here very happy.

• Like 1

This is great news!  I have been complaining about this NID boundary (NID 2 and 3 in Orange County, CA) issue for many years.  It's caused an epidemic of missed incoming calls, battery life issues, pilot pollution, etc.  The worst part about this particular NID boundary is that it was set up in the worst possible location.  Right along a highly populated area, major freeway and also a large residential area.  Now had they moved NID 2 just one more cell site to the West it would have been much better as there would have been a separation by a hill to block out the pilot pollution.  But in my opinion they made a huge mistake by doing it the way they did.  I talked to people in the right department at Sprint a number of times about it but was unable to convince them to make a change (which would probably require corporate approval and a lot of red tape). 

Nothing has changed here yet but I will keep a watch on it and hope that we get a similiar merging of NID boundaries into one larger one.  That would make a lot of Sprint customers around here very happy.

Weird, I had a NID 2 in Mahtomedi, MN on White Bear Lake yesterday.

Mooeydj, NIDs do not require unique number identifiers. They are just subdivisions of SIDs.

AJ

Morning, it appears Northern Spring Hill, KS / Extreme southern Olathe, KS is on NID 308.

Thanks for the report, but this is largely a fait accompli now.  Since the rural western portions of SID 4139 have now gone NID 308, even the rural northern portions of SID 4198 have now gone NID 308, there is little doubt that Sprint's entire Kansas market is going NID 308.  No matter what, Spring Hill would have followed along.  The only real question mark remaining is whether the Wichita metro will also be consolidated into NID 308.

AJ

Morning, it appears Northern Spring Hill, KS / Extreme southern Olathe, KS is on NID 308.

Thanks for the report, but this is largely a fait accompli now. Since the rural western portions of SID 4139 have now gone NID 308, even the rural northern portions of SID 4198 have now gone NID 308, there is little doubt that Sprint's entire Kansas market is going NID 308. No matter what, Spring Hill would have followed along. The only real question mark remaining is whether the Wichita metro will also be consolidated into NID 308.

AJ

My brother lives close to down town in Wichita and I just had him check. He is showing 308

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

My brother lives close to down town in Wichita and I just had him check. He is showing 308

That basically settles it.  All of the Kansas market has gone or is going NID 308.  However, that does not mean the entire market is now on one MSC.  Though all on the same NID, it could still be divided up into separate MSC zones -- at least, that is my understanding.

AJ

• Like 2

That basically settles it.  All of the Kansas market has gone or is going NID 308.  However, that does not mean the entire market is now on one MSC.  Though all on the same NID, it could still be divided up into separate MSC zones -- at least, that is my understanding.

AJ

Awesome, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Even two towers in Missouri have nid 308

But we are talking markets.  So, are these Missouri market sites?

AJ