Network Vision/LTE- North LA Market

BenJDitzel

It's quiet too quiet. Did the world end lol. Still stuck in permit battles i guess lol.

Yea it's annoying because lte has decided to come so close to me I can taste it but has done a complete circle around where I live

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Anyone else in ventura getting random signal loss my signal can have full bars and all sudden the 3g icon will disappear and I have no data but ill still have full bars so I have voice but no data for like a minute then it comes back

My phone has been doing that lately, but I'm always on wi-fi.

I just assume that they're doing work.

the place I live doesnt have wifi so I rely purely on 3g glad to hear its not just my phone tho

Im confused so I got 4g at my house now but these are the speeds.. I mapped it too

That's not as weird as mine. It's going back and forth. 3G lte 3G lte 3G lte and I'm staying one one spot.

What is your signal strength? A very weak LTE signal can explain both issues. Though normally even a weak LTE signal will have some speed. There may be something else going on there. If it continues to happen elsewhere, you may check with others to see if it's your device or the network.

What is your signal strength? A very weak LTE signal can explain both issues. Though normally even a weak LTE signal will have some speed. There may be something else going on there. If it continues to happen elsewhere, you may check with others to see if it's your device or the network.

I had 4 bars and ive gotten strong lte on my phone before I got 25 mbps it was amazing locally I have gotten 7 but at my house I have yet to have a strong lte signal but I do notice a high rise in 3g now im getting around 1mbps before I was getting around 200kbps highest being 500

Edited by jrollercoasters

I had 4 bars and ive gotten strong lte on my phone before I got 25 mbps it was amazing locally I have gotten 7 but at my house I have yet to have a strong lte signal but I do notice a high rise in 3g now im getting around 1mbps before I was getting around 200kbps highest being 500 Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Use the debug screen or something like Signal Check to see what the signal strength actually is. My phone will hang on to an LTE signal down to -118 or so and I've seen as low as -122. When the signal drops that low on my phone, it's not useable.

The bars typically show what your 1x signal strength is.

Interestingly I picked up LTE for about 10 seconds on the 101 yesterday after work, just near the Victoria onramp. At first I thought it was from a site that was closer, but it was the southern Camarillo one.

Use the debug screen or something like Signal Check to see what the signal strength actually is. My phone will hang on to an LTE signal down to -118 or so and I've seen as low as -122. When the signal drops that low on my phone, it's not useable.

The bars typically show what your 1x signal strength is.

Interestingly I picked up LTE for about 10 seconds on the 101 yesterday after work, just near the Victoria onramp. At first I thought it was from a site that was closer, but it was the southern Camarillo one.

Well it just randomly came on on my way down johnson but the weird thing was as soon as it come on my pandora stopped

Well it just randomly came on on my way down johnson but the weird thing was as soon as it come on my pandora stopped

I'm guessing your phone ended up connecting to an unusable signal. When data is active, the phone won't switch to LTE...which is why people map using LTE Discovery to cycle airplane mode.

I'm guessing your phone ended up connecting to an unusable signal. When data is active, the phone won't switch to LTE...which is why people map using LTE Discovery to cycle airplane mode.

yea thats what I used but it just stayed on ehrpd last night and even more weird today I can only get evdo rev a but im still getting good speeds(for sprint)

I had 4 bars and ive gotten strong lte on my phone before I got 25 mbps it was amazing locally I have gotten 7 but at my house I have yet to have a strong lte signal but I do notice a high rise in 3g now im getting around 1mbps before I was getting around 200kbps highest being 500 Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Bars do not show your LTE signal strength. You need to either look at your engineering screens, or SignalCheck.

iPhones, LG devices, and the HTC ONE show your data signal with bars, everything else the bars represent your 1x signal.

• Like 1

So I'm pretty excited to see that lte is popping up around Ventura and Oxnard now, but does anyone know when we can expect 800? I live at the corner of Johnson and telephone in the Woodbridge condos and reception just doesn't exist there. Is 800 coming later as opposed to at the same time as lte?