Network Vision/LTE- North LA Market

BenJDitzel

Great are they working from Oxnard up to nipomo then.

No, they are working sites wherever/whenever they are ready. They are not working one particular area then moving to another.

There have been less completed full build sites up north than there have been in the southern part of the market.... at least so far.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I think were going to get it in ventura here in the next month the pace they are going.. me beimg at the east end I might be able to get some of oxnards if another tower goes live

That's sounds pretty reasonable since they are a fair amount of sites that are 3G accepted already. I'm guessing all waiting on backhaul to fire up LTE.

So once 3G is accepted. 4g will start which they get the fiber from whoever in nipomo area. So my earlier post way back ago has 3G been oked

Yes

If I remember correctly, only 1 full build site has been accepted in Santa Maria.

So will they work on it in Santa Maria for 4g or do they want to wait for more to be accepted to do more than one tower.

They will work on it once backhaul becomes ready. They do not need to bring up 4G in clusters.  

Permit I just saw on the Ventura county website:

Modification/Upgrade to an existing
wireless telecommunications
facility-Remove 3 existing antennas and
install 3 new antennas. Install 1 fiber
junction box, retrofit 1 modcell equipment
cabinet, install 6RRHs. Install 2 new
liquid tight conduits from MMBTs to
J-Box, Replace GPS unit.

928 CUMMINGS RD, SANTA
PAULA, CA 93060

• Like 1

Permit I just saw on the Ventura county website:

Modification/Upgrade to an existing

wireless telecommunications

facility-Remove 3 existing antennas and

install 3 new antennas. Install 1 fiber

junction box, retrofit 1 modcell equipment

cabinet, install 6RRHs. Install 2 new

liquid tight conduits from MMBTs to

J-Box, Replace GPS unit.

928 CUMMINGS RD, SANTA

PAULA, CA 93060

So santa paula is getting 4g next?

Since cellphone companies get fiber from telephone companies we have some in my area like AT&T and charter for telephone and internet providers. Does it matter where they get the internet from for cell towers cause AT&T sucks for speed. I was just wondering cause using charter for Internet aka server to get to Internet on phones is lightning fast. Charter gets between 30 and 100 download and AT&T like 1.5 MBs download.

Since cellphone companies get fiber from telephone companies we have some in my area like AT&T and charter for telephone and internet providers. Does it matter where they get the internet from for cell towers cause AT&T sucks for speed. I was just wondering cause using charter for Internet aka server to get to Internet on phones is lightning fast. Charter gets between 30 and 100 download and AT&T like 1.5 MBs download.

It doesn't matter who they get it from, as long as has the specs they require.

They aren't using the same sort of connection that you get for home service. Those generally don't have the SLA's that they need for uptime, etc.

AT&T fiber for commercial applications is a whole different type of ball game compared to UVerse or DSL. AT&T's fiber Ethernet is reliable to the 9's and plenty fast to give Sprint NV cells all the bandwidth they need. I wouldn't be too concerned about AT&T's backhaul services.

Ok how long does it take for AT&T to get the back haul ready for sprint 4g

I don't think anyone knows outside of Sprint or ATT how long it takes for a circuit to go live from the time the orders were placed.

For my work, it took about 8 months for them to get the fiber live. The actual physical work was done about a month after the contract was signed. We were told there was a backbone project that needed be done before we could go live.

Typical install times are supposed to be 90-120 days.

I don't think anyone knows outside of Sprint or ATT how long it takes for a circuit to go live from the time the orders were placed.

For my work, it took about 8 months for them to get the fiber live. The actual physical work was done about a month after the contract was signed. We were told there was a backbone project that needed be done before we could go live.

Typical install times are supposed to be 90-120 days.

so the one by your work is suppose to go live soon?

so the one by your work is suppose to go live soon?

I don't think so, there was no fiber there last week when I checked. The site is about a mile away from my work.

Even though it was one of the first full build sites to go live in Ventura, I don't think it'll be one of the first to get LTE.

I don't think so, there was no fiber there last week when I checked. The site is about a mile away from my work.

Even though it was one of the first full build sites to go live in Ventura, I don't think it'll be one of the first to get LTE.

Maybe the one by my house will :D its the closest to oxnard which just went live

So by the time 4g gets covered in nipomo it will be 2014. Right or wrong.

all markets are suppose to have sufficent 4g coverage in 2014 so right in a way it may be sooner tho once it hits sb I would start getting your hopes up