Network Vision/LTE- North LA Market

BenJDitzel

Just announced today. Thanks sprint. The fastest speeds that Sprint's existing network reaches is 60 megabits-per-second under a service, currently available in five cities, it calls Sprint Spark, according to the company. Google Inc boasts 1 gigabit/second speeds on a fiber network it built in Kansas City.

Does anyone know when the Anticipated lte launch will be. I lost the website to look at the markets.

Which website are you referring to? Coverage maps? Or something else?

Just announced today. Thanks sprint. The fastest speeds that Sprint's existing network reaches is 60 megabits-per-second under a service, currently available in five cities, it calls Sprint Spark, according to the company. Google Inc boasts 1 gigabit/second speeds on a fiber network it built in Kansas City.

That's not 'fastest' speeds, that's the average speeds they're expecting on the TD-LTE network.

The market map that has nv sites accepted. Lte sites accepted and production rate completion.

Well, there's no map that you have access to with NV Sites accepted, that's a Sponsor only thing.

But there is the NV Running List. Maybe that's what you are thinking of? 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

I thought sprint was going to use clear 4g next year not this year.

Umm.... you're confused. That site has been there since WiMax launched.

Sprint is re-purposing WiMax sites, adding TD-LTE alongside WiMax in most WiMax markets already. There was a soft launch of Clear LTE back in July in Denver, LA, SF, Seattle, Chicago, Miami, Tulsa and NYC.

Theres been a decent amount of wimax coverage in the oxnard ventura area for a while now. It never expanded because this area was being launched right as clearwire ran out of money.

wi max was horrible as far as ventura county goes we only got it in a tiny area in el rio

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

wi max was horrible as far as ventura county goes we only got it in a tiny area in el rio

Absolutely correct. I've had an evo, and an evo 3d and there was no wimax in Oxnard or Ventura except that one site off vineyard, where conveniently no one lives or travels...

Absolutely correct. I've had an evo, and an evo 3d and there was no wimax in Oxnard or Ventura except that one site off vineyard, where conveniently no one lives or travels...

thats exactly what I had I miss my evo very happy with my s4 tho and getting lte :D

Real hard question well maybe does anyone know if we might be getting sprint spark in the north la market at all.

I would say highly doubtful anytime soon if ever. Says they will expand to 100 cities over the next three years.... That's not very much at all. They also in all likelihood will only launch it in dense urban areas, the new York boroughs, downtown LA, places like that. It wouldn't do us much good here as we're pretty spread out in the this market.

Real hard question well maybe does anyone know if we might be getting sprint spark in the north la market at all.

I would say highly doubtful anytime soon if ever. Says they will expand to 100 cities over the next three years.... That's not very much at all. They also in all likelihood will only launch it in dense urban areas, the new York boroughs, downtown LA, places like that. It wouldn't do us much good here as we're pretty spread out in the this market.

"Sprint Spark" is just the marketing term for Tri-Band. Sprint has committed to adding PCS, SMR and TD-LTE to the majority of sites across the country. This is phase 2 of Network Vision, and will begin next year. 

So yes, you will have "Spark" in that you will see Tri-Band LTE, but it may not be for a year or two before it is widespread in your area. Regardless, you will have PCS and SMR LTE which should provide a pleasant experience on the network until TD-LTE arrives.

• Like 2

when you go on the sprint website for network enhancements. https://network.sprint.com/CA/Ventura/ what term would mean 4g is there some terms there now r data capacity upgrade data speed upgrade and voice upgrade what would mean that 4g is already turned on..

You cannot determine from those maps alone with sites have LTE upgrades. It shows up as a data speed increase, but there are so many of those, it's impossible to know which ones indicate LTE without looking at the Sponsor maps.