Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

What does a brown dot mean on the (San Diego) upgrade map?  I left Sprint for Tmo, but still come back to check the status of the upgrades near my house, and my work.  Both locations happen to be near brown dots on the map, which somehow equates to very bad Sprint service.  If you need an example you can check out the corner of Genesee and Balboa, or the corner of College Ave and Navajo Dr.

What does a brown dot mean on the (San Diego) upgrade map?  I left Sprint for Tmo, but still come back to check the status of the upgrades near my house, and my work.  Both locations happen to be near brown dots on the map, which somehow equates to very bad Sprint service.  If you need an example you can check out the corner of Genesee and Balboa, or the corner of College Ave and Navajo Dr.

Brown dots are towers that haven't been upgraded yet.  

• Like 1

Is DC still "languishing?" I thought maybe they'd resolved by now whatever issues they were having. Apparently not.

I feel for you DC peeps!!

I'm convinced they sent all of our crews south to deal with Richmond's Motorola hangover. That said, I check permits on a regular basis and haven't seen anything new issued or filed. Although, the Sprint Network improvement tracker is showing a new tower complete in my neighborhood. Lucky for me I can take pictures of it from my balcony.

• Like 3

I'm convinced they sent all of our crews south to deal with Richmond's Motorola hangover. That said, I check permits on a regular basis and haven't seen anything new issued or filed. Although, the Sprint Network improvement tracker is showing a new tower complete in my neighborhood. Lucky for me I can take pictures of it from my balcony.

Wow. That's crazy. No new permits at all? Now I'm really curious. Maybe Robert could chime in with any ideas? At this stage in the game work should be generally wrapping up across the board, at least as far as NV 1.0 goes.

....so I guess now isn't exactly the time to tell you that for the first time 2 days ago I'm fairly certain I connected to a Sprint NV 2.0 b41 site? It was nowhere near any live old clear LTE converted site. I need to document it better which I think I'll try and do today.

• 4 weeks later...

I read through the NV deployment running list (here) but didn't see anything on Sacramento, CA. Wondering if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/?p=145662

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like the list is incorrect for West Virginia as well. No one has any ideas on launch dates and I am really close to leaving Sprint due to the same "we don't know" day after day...

It's not incorrect sprint only has a few sites in WV. Most of the state is waiting on ntelos. Markets are separated strange Pittsburgh for instance is in 3 states. I personal would not wait on ntelos it is taking netlos forever. I am hoping sprint drops ntelos for us cellular.

From the completion reports looks like it could be 10,000 to 14,000 which would likely mean that we are looking at summer 2015 for lte to be completed? Could it really take that long?

Many areas are done or mostly done but a lot are around 70% some even less. Here's hoping they make some great progress in the next 3 months while the weather is decent.

From the completion reports looks like it could be 10,000 to 14,000 which would likely mean that we are looking at summer 2015 for lte to be completed? Could it really take that long?

Many areas are done or mostly done but a lot are around 70% some even less. Here's hoping they make some great progress in the next 3 months while the weather is decent.

In a lot of scenarios, it all depends on the backhaul provider. Such as the Albuquerque market. We have 22% of the sites in Albuqerque turned on out of a possible 80% of sites that have network vision completed. Centurylink is dragging like crazy.

Thx to the mods for putting my ?? In the right spot.

So when it says Network Vision sites accepted thats how many the physical work besides backhaul is completed? Thatd be a lot better. damn backhaul providers. Thanks for the answer.

Thx to the mods for putting my ?? In the right spot.

So when it says Network Vision sites accepted thats how many the physical work besides backhaul is completed? Thatd be a lot better. damn backhaul providers. Thanks for the answer.

Yes. You got it. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like Sprint finally came through in Northeast Oregon. I am getting 4G LTE in Hermiston, La Grande, Pendleton and parts of Boardman.  I don't suppose anyone has a new coverage map for those areas?

possibly consider becoming a sponsor?  and then you get access to quite a few different things, including the maps :)

Wow, I just checked my profile and it has been two years and one week since I joined.  I lost track of how many times Sprint has lied to me with the "LTE is coming to your area in the next 30 days" line.

Funny, now that Sprint finally has decent data access and speeds, they want to move everyone off of Unlimited plans on the that Framily crap.

• Like 1

I need help knowing what an RF switch is.

The switch is the Sprint MSC Center where all telephone calls/texts are routed from a site, processed by the Sprint network and connected to the main landline telecommunications backbone for distribution around the country or world to its destination.

Each site is connected to a specific switch. There are approximately 60 MSC's (switches) around the country. The term switch and MSC are interchangeable.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...