kckid

Android 4.4 "Kit Kat" to come in late October (was Key Lime Pie)

Android-OS-versions_zps39a5e985.jpg

I was going to do that!!!!!  :rofl:.  Just got lazy!!!  :D

I was going to do that!!!!!  :rofl:.  Just got lazy!!!  :D

I got your back.

• Like 1

I want to know more....Is it going to be from Motorola or will it be Samsung....Is it going to be the biggest screen or just a run of the mill size (4.8-5)...will it be a heavy hitter on specs or is the manufacturer going middle of the road (save on costs) and the pure Andriod experience....DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING (lol)....

After seeing the apple keynote for iOS 7, i would like to see some improvements to Google Now in terms of being able to "turn off/on bluetooth" or "read my last voicemail." I think more improvements to project butter and RAM usage will hopefully help with battery life. I would like to see an anti-theft mechanism similar to what apple has in iOS 7.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

After seeing the apple keynote for iOS 7, i would like to see some improvements to Google Now in terms of being able to "turn off/on bluetooth" or "read my last voicemail." I think more improvements to project butter and RAM usage will hopefully help with battery life. I would like to see an anti-theft mechanism similar to what apple has in iOS 7.

If Google can optimize their os to the level of ios, Apple would be hurting even more. Apple's iPhone 5, with a 1440 mAh battery is on par in the battery department as Android devices running 2000+. I'm thinking it's a lot harder to achieve on android because of all of the third party skins android comes with. (sense, touch wiz, blur, etc.)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If Google can optimize their os to the level of ios, Apple would be hurting even more. Apple's iPhone 5, with a 1440 mAh battery is on par in the battery department as Android devices running 2000+. I'm thinking it's a lot harder to achieve on android because of all of the third party skins android comes with. (sense, touch wiz, blur, etc.)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am not asking for Android to be optimize to the level of iOS especially since the hardware is not being designed by Google.  I think it would be very hard to emulate what Apple is doing but that doesn't mean that Android can't improve on power optimization with the latest Linux kernel.  It has been one of the ongoing issues with Android from the beginning and making strides every year will help it more. I want better battery life for me and not for more market share.  Android has enough market share in the mobile space.  

I also disagree that a better battery life will hurt Apple sales even more.  People like Apple and iOS because of its simplicity, ecosystem and integration with other apps.  I don't see Apple's market share going down especially with the improvements to iOS 7 that brings a lot of Android features.

Just FYI, Android will never be as efficient "pound for pound" as iOS due to its apps being interpreted/Just-in-Time compiled (from Froyo on) vs. Apple's (and I believe Windows Phone's) compilation. They can get close though, skins or no skins.

Really sick of waiting for key lime pie not even a good desert give me my eclairs 2.1 froyo 2.2 and ice cream sandwitches 4..0 i guess gingerbread isnt such a bad desert.. 2.3

• Like 1

I don't see Apple's market share going down especially with the improvements to iOS 7 that brings a lot of Android features.

If Samsung is smart they'll use this as leverage during the appeal process and/or counter apple for patent infringement..who is copying who now?..<G>

I would like to see an upgrade for my photon 4g. Lol. I know they already said no way ...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps this is what the TRUE Motorola flagship devices are waiting for.  

If the next Nexus were a Motorola with high end specs (like the LG N4) and LTE all for the same 349 we see the N4 at I would snap it up in a heartbeat! (and it would be THE Android I've been wanting for years) Even if it's another LG I'll probably still go after it drooling. 

After experiencing Android the first time through Touchwiz and then just recently going back to iOS I think I'll stick with iOS and stock Android/Nexus devices from now on. 

i think the next android update is "Kit Kat" and looks like we are staying o the 4 series.

i think the next android update is "Kit Kat" and looks like we are staying o the 4 series.

Kit Kat? I think it is Key Lime Pie.

Really sick of waiting for key lime pie not even a good desert give me my eclairs 2.1 froyo 2.2 and ice cream sandwitches 4..0 i guess gingerbread isnt such a bad desert.. 2.3

I am the opposite, I can't wait for Key Lime Pie (the dessert).. My favorite android flavor lol...

Everyone else thinks it's kit kat. Including the statue outside the Google building. I thought it was a joke too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Kit Kat it is.

Someone should be fired.

AJ

For naming it Kit Kat?

For naming it Kit Kat?

As far as I know, that is a trademarked name.  Google is really scraping the bottom of the barrel if it cannot come up with further generic sweet/desert names.

AJ